tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Since Jonbons has been doing changes to VAS for TAW Co-op missions I guess I will put all the information back up on the main topic and have included a link for the github where people have been submitting changes and fixes for VAS over time, I'll just leave it at that. If you have changes for VAS just create a pull request and if it's an automatic process it'll be approved.

Github: https://github.com/TAWTonic/VAS

PS: any commits by me are to spite Jonbons, no real interest in VAS anymore.

Well regardless of the politics behind it it's good to know it's updated, thanks!

Ummm, VAS is dead, doubt your plea will be of any use.

In the VAS folder is a file named "config.sqf", open it in a text editor and near the top is a variable called "vas_disableSafetyCheck", set that to true and see if that helps with the load time.

Hey JShock thx for the response - unfortunately I didn't get time to check that. Someone came up with an ideal way of utilising the BI Arsenal feature (read up), correctly loaded out for my Mission, so I moved away from the VAS anyways.

Just a note to anyone still using VAS, an update was released which should improve performance when switching between filters for a category. (Switching filters as in selecting Uniforms and then switching to Vests taking a long time)

Download: https://github.com/TAWTonic/VAS/releases/tag/v2.9

hi,

I try to install VAS on a armaholic scenario but i have a bug when i try to go on the vas menu : something like

No entry 'C:\xxxxxxxxxxx\description.ext/VAS_Diag/controls/Filter1.colorDisabled'.

and the menu looks like this : 

720261bugvastraining.png

Anyone as an idea ?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

Since some weeks ago I seems to get VAS-errors. When opening the in game VAS-panel i got the message "No entry 'steamMPMission\__cur_mp.altis\description.ext/VAS_Diag/controls/Filter1.colorDisabled'." andn after closing that message I can choose the loadouts BUT whatever I do I cant get any scopes attached to the wepons... I have updated VAS and I have tried both development-version of the game and the standard-version. Any idea?

Error doesn`t prevent you attaching stuff to your weapon, its the CBA v2.0 doing that.

Encountered an issue that has stumped me. Installed VAS on my mission, install was very easy and worked fine. The next day however my VAS menu doesn't display any text on the buttons. But the lists are still populated. I decided to try a fresh install on a brand new mission and I am getting the same results. 

Has anyone encountered this problem?

description.ext:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};
author = "Bill";
onLoadName = "OP: Dirty Man";
onLoadMission = "A Project hosted by Bill.";
loadScreen = "loadscreen.paa";
respawn = BASE;
respawnDelay = 5;

ammobox1 initialization :

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

Did i miss something?

Edit: Found a post on armaholic with my same issue here is a screenshot of the issue: image

I updated it (VAS) a number of weeks ago. Current version of VAS works with v152 of arma for me without such issues. Are you sure you have the latest version of VAS? Are you sure you have the stringtable.xml file?

I downloaded the latest version. 2.91. I dont see any stringtable.xml file, is that included in the download?

I located a stringtable.xml file from another mission that uses VAS and it works now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I could use a hand getting it up and running on a Linux OS.

I can follow the first two steps but have no idea about the last step listed below :

You will also need to drag the stringtable.xml in the root part of your mission where mission.sqm & init.sqf are located.

Unfortunately, I do not know what a "stringable.xml, mission.sqm & init sqf" are or where I would find them.

I have checked both the MPMissions folder and the Missions folder but only found a text file advising that this is where exported missions will be saved.

If anyone is already using it and can help me get it up and running on a Linux OS that would be great and very much appreciated (I kinda like using the Lynx with the APDS ammo)

Thanks

When you make a mission, you typically do it from "mydocs/arma3 profile/missions" or similar. When you use the editor to lay some opfor down etc, the mission file is only created when you save the mission. Thats the mission.sqm. If all your mission code is made from the editor, you might only need that.

But usually you will want more. I am not sure, but to actually share the mission with others I think it has to be "pbo'ed" or basically packed like a zip file. Files needed to make a pbo would be at a minimum (I think) init.sqf and description.ext. They are used to define the mission/scenario and to initiate things. Thats overly simplified, but good enough.

Stringtable.xml is a file that has a string table in it. Thats a whole lot of string=some text. It is used by VAS (and many other addons/tools) to house multilanguage abilities. This way one text file is used and if you use say latin, and latin is defined in the xml file, then the text in the VAS will be in latin. So, you need to copy that stringtable.xml file into the root of the mission, which happens to be where you will find mission.sqm and init.sqf as well.

I am no expert, this is only what I have observed and what I have read up on.

HTH>

• Like 1

Thanks for your help M0nkey,

Unfortunately the information provided makes no sense at all to me (sorry but I was looking for instructions rather than an explanation).

So far, trying to use this VAS system has left me with nothing but a headache - I can't even add some APDS ammo to an ammo box - so, instead of wasting any more time on it - I will give it a miss and see if one of the other systems is a little easier to work with.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

If you guys can help me out that would be great. New Arma player but really enjoy it. Playing the dynamic warfare and its fun. The issue im having with it is that i can find all the weapons. Like the svd dragunov or any form of an ak. and aswell as the texture of all of them on the virtual ammobox are black lol If you can help me that would be great. Thank you 

Hi Guys,

Ive added the VAS system to a mission im creating as i think its the best of its type however i keep encountering a problem with certain buttons not displaying correctly.  Everything works as it should.  I can load and save my gear.  Its just annoying as i don't know how to solve this problem.  Very new to Arma editing and everything seems to take me hours what other people can do in a few minutes lol.

vasprob_zpscow9f56p.png

NEVERMIND. Problem solved. A brain Cell was needed.

Edited by Dagger80

Ok from reading other posts its something to do with a stringtable.xml  file but i haven't a clue what it means or what i need to do :(

stringtable.xml is the file included with the download. It needs to be placed in the main directory of the mission where init.sqf and /vas/ are located, without it you won't see text as that is the localization file. If you already have a pre-existing stringtable.xml that is not related to VAS then you'll have to merge the two together.

stringtable.xml is the file included with the download. It needs to be placed in the main directory of the mission where init.sqf and /vas/ are located, without it you won't see text as that is the localization file. If you already have a pre-existing stringtable.xml that is not related to VAS then you'll have to merge the two together.

Hi thanks for the reply. The file I downloaded from Armaholic didn't have a stringable. Xml file. But I managed to solve the problem by copying another stringable file from another mission using VAS.

i ran into some issues here..

first i had the same problem as Normal Norm had, with menues blanking out, i couldnt get it to work.. so i left it for awhile.

when i loaded it up a while later then it just worked. soo.. i started adding and removing inventory.

weapons i removed some, items and backpacks i added the few i wanted,and it works perfectly. but magazines... i tried removing the ones i dont want, that doesnt do anything.

then i tried adding the ones i want, that removes everything.. even if i just add 1 magazine. removing 1 mag also does nothing.

then i read here about the stringtable.. there wasnt one in my download. so i copied it out af another mission.

then i tried again... still the same. is this related to the stringtable? or am i just incredibly stupid here?

i also tried restarting my computer.. but that didnt work this time.   :386:

*Edit

i also tried the same in my other mission, where i got the stringtable from.... same result there

Here's a fully working VAS download link.

VAS.ZIP

N.B. Has an English Only stringtable.xml.

thanks for the link, but is seems this has the same problem.

i cant add or remove any magazines, everything else works fine.

i guess its just outdated?

read the config.sqf within the script, its all explained in there.

everything works fine exept add\remove magazines.