tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

just to check before i commit, and hopefully save some time in the process,

is there any template scripts for forcing tvt side specific kits?

i have a mission with opfor and blufor, also a zeus independent, but i i would like the human teams opfor n blufor side only kit, actual military stuff must be team specific but then i would like to add civilian clothing as a bonus, i have been reading through the config file in vas, and it seems a long winded process to name individually each item each etc to each team box,

so does anyone know of any missions or have a init file i can work from?

After the 1.16 update and adding zeus to a mission, for some reason, we can no longer save loadouts. Also, when a player JIP any vest taken from the VAS disappears.

VAS config

//Allow player to respawn with his loadout? If true unit will respawn with all ammo from initial save! Set to false to disable this and rely on other scripts!
vas_onRespawn = true;
//Preload Weapon Config?
vas_preload = false;
//If limiting weapons its probably best to set this to true so people aren't loading custom loadouts with restricted gear.
vas_disableLoadSave = true;
//Amount of save/load slots
vas_customslots = 9; //9 is actually 10 slots, starts from 0 to whatever you set, so always remember when setting a number to minus by 1, i.e 12 will be 11.
//Disable 'VAS hasn't finished loading' Check !!! ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE THAT USE ACRE AND OTHER LARGE ADDONS !!!
vas_disableSafetyCheck = false;
/*
NOTES ON EDITING!
YOU MUST PUT VALID CLASS NAMES IN THE VARIABLES IN AN ARRAY FORMAT, NOT DOING SO WILL RESULT IN BREAKING THE SYSTEM!
PLACE THE CLASS NAMES OF GUNS/ITEMS/MAGAZINES/BACKPACKS/GOGGLES IN THE CORRECT ARRAYS! TO DISABLE A SELECTION I.E
GOGGLES vas_goggles = [""]; AND THAT WILL DISABLE THE ITEM SELECTION FOR WHATEVER VARIABLE YOU ARE WANTING TO DISABLE!

EXAMPLE
vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_ARCO_point_grip_F","arifle_Khaybar_Holo_mzls_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_F","Binocular"];
vas_magazines = ["30Rnd_65x39_case_mag","20Rnd_762x45_Mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green"];
vas_items = ["ItemMap","ItemGPS","NVGoggles"];
vas_backpacks = ["B_Bergen_sgg_Exp","B_AssaultPack_rgr_Medic"];
vas_goggles = [""];				

Example for side specific (TvT)
switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
		vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
		vas_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
		vas_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
		vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
		vas_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
		vas_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS
	};
};
*/

//If the arrays below are empty (as they are now) all weapons, magazines, items, backpacks and goggles will be available
//Want to limit VAS to specific weapons? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_weapons = [];
//Want to limit VAS to specific magazines? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_magazines = [];
//Want to limit VAS to specific items? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_items = [];
//Want to limit backpacks? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_backpacks = [];
//Want to limit goggles? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_glasses = [];

/*
NOTES ON EDITING:
THIS IS THE SAME AS THE ABOVE VARIABLES, YOU NEED TO KNOW THE CLASS NAME OF THE ITEM YOU ARE RESTRICTING. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN 
CONJUNCTION WITH THE ABOVE METHOD, THIs IS ONLY FOR RESTRICTING / LIMITING ITEMS FROM VAS AND NOTHING MORE

EXAMPLE
vas_r_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
vas_r_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS

Example for side specific (TvT)
switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
		vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
	};
};
*/

//Below are variables you can use to restrict certain items from being used.
//Remove Weapon
vas_r_weapons = [];
vas_r_backpacks = [];
//Magazines to remove from VAS
vas_r_magazines = [];
//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = [];
//Goggles to remove from VAS
vas_r_glasses = [];

After the 1.16 update and adding zeus to a mission, for some reason, we can no longer save loadouts. Also, when a player JIP any vest taken from the VAS disappears.

Well, not sure what I muked up but I overwrote all the scripts in the mission file and it's fixed. Odd, cuz it was working before and I hadn't changed anything.

Idea for a future update; Increase the size of the VAS Screen so more item text can be displayed.

For a lot of items the text gets cut off. It makes it quite hard to identify some items.

UPDATE: v2.5

Notes:

VAS can now display specific items/weapons/magazines/blah for each ammobox placed and configured. If no vars are detected then VAS acts as normal. A example crate on how to do this is provided with the example mission. Can be applied any number of ways just depends on your scripting knowledge.

The build also doesn't remove attachments by default, that was a configuration slip :P

Credits:

PR9INICHEK - Russian translations for later implmeneted localizations.

Changelog:

Added: VAS can now display specific items/weapons/magazines for each ammobox placed (more indept configuration).

Added: Version number in right side of title bar.

Added: New Russian localizations.

Added: Alphabetical sorting.

Changed: The quick magazines box now checks against the config for restricted / magazines.

Changed: Default save slots bumped from 10 to 15.

Changed: VASP now ends when it completes it's preloading process.

Fixed: Attachments restricted were showing in the quick attachments section.

Fixed: Error in expression < _this call VAS_fnc_quickAddDrag; > Error Type Script, expected Bool

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.5

Thank you very much for sending us the updated version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the up-date Tonic

Thx Tonic. Still great you keep up the support for your good script. Is it somehow possible to get an error message if you put s.t. in that dont fit in? Sometimes i dont look on the space if something changes, want to put a heavy item in my bagpack, leave the ammobox and after 10min. i see that i dont have the item. Also switches would be cool for addon stuff. We use e.g. xMedSys and its a pain :p to search for this stuff between 1000 of other. Of course it can be restricted but not everyone will make a perfect mission.

I love the updates and dedicated! This is seriously one of the best scripts in Arma in my opinion!

The only thing i would wish for is a much larger GUI, even on par with MCC :)

Great update but it seems I need to say this crap til In blue in the face (or should I just give up?_....MAKE THE UI WIDER so we can read the item descriptions that get cut off by your pokey left pane window.... It is that hard?

For the love of God!

Great update but it seems I need to say this crap til In blue in the face (or should I just give up?_....MAKE THE UI WIDER so we can read the item descriptions that get cut off by your pokey left pane window.... It is that hard?

For the love of God!

Smaller you say? OK.

At this point in time I am no where near willing to do a UI Change, I have hit a lazy point with this and doing a UI change takes time, I do all of my UI work from hand/scratch no fancy editor or any of that so it becomes quite a pain to change something around. If I ever do another update I will change the UI but truth be told I only did this update due to a request from Moricky and this one has been sitting on my PC for a week or so.

*Edit*

What the hell is under my name?! *Random*

For the love of God!

Nice.... way to encourage the author to continue working on this FREE script in his FREE time... FPDR

Smaller you say? OK.

At this point in time I am no where near willing to do a UI Change, I have hit a lazy point with this and doing a UI change takes time, I do all of my UI work from hand/scratch no fancy editor or any of that so it becomes quite a pain to change something around. If I ever do another update I will change the UI but truth be told I only did this update due to a request from Moricky and this one has been sitting on my PC for a week or so.

*Edit*

What the hell is under my name?! *Random*

Yeah I got an infraction for my tone. And in retrospect my post was a little harsh. Born out of frustration, I guess.

This is no "butter your popcorn" post but your mod is one of the most valuable mods in this gaming community. It opens up the game assets to the masses and provides a much needed, in-game gear save option. We use it each and everyday.

I understand that a UI re-size is more than likely a more complex process than it's not. I hope your next update (as you said) will incorporate my (and others) wish.

No offence intended in any way, shape or form.....but a least I got a response :)

Respect.

Zeotrope

Edited by Zeotrope
grammar

First of I have to say that I love VAS. I have one question and one request. The question is, is it possible to disable the alphabetical sorting as it splits up mod packs all over the lists. And my request, is there a way to add a dialog to say what add on pack an item is from. Running multiple weapons packs, it's hard to tell what weapon is from what pack.

First of I have to say that I love VAS. I have one question and one request. The question is, is it possible to disable the alphabetical sorting as it splits up mod packs all over the lists. And my request, is there a way to add a dialog to say what add on pack an item is from. Running multiple weapons packs, it's hard to tell what weapon is from what pack.

Ya I am running into that problem too. Last version sorted the mod packs into groups and it made it a lot easier. Hopefully there is a way :) I am not the best at scripting and stuff but I can take a look at the config, with tonics permission.. :)

Hey, I'm getting huge problems for some reason when I try to access VAS while using vanilla Arma3.

My main error is "No entry 'config.bin/VAS_Diag/controls/gundetailslist.ListScrollBar'

I did a lot of digging and the only fix I could find was to go into the common.hpp file and edit anything that said "scrollbar" to "listscrollbar", but that didn't work - only came up with more errors.

Also curious is, as I said, it only happens when playing vanilla. When I have my mods enabled, it is fine.

Cheers

Macca

Hey, I'm getting huge problems for some reason when I try to access VAS while using vanilla Arma3.

My main error is "No entry 'config.bin/VAS_Diag/controls/gundetailslist.ListScrollBar'

I did a lot of digging and the only fix I could find was to go into the common.hpp file and edit anything that said "scrollbar" to "listscrollbar", but that didn't work - only came up with more errors.

Also curious is, as I said, it only happens when playing vanilla. When I have my mods enabled, it is fine.

Cheers

Macca

Update to 2.4 or 2.5.

Edit* post removed. Unknown what caused temporary issue.

Edited by Zlin

Seems like Magazine config script is not working

Actually it's working in Magazine section.

what i mean is the

~"quick magazine section"~

didn't show anything even i place proper magazine script at config.

I wrote script at this line

//Want to limit VAS to specific weapons? Place the classnames in the array!

what should i do D:

Edited by kgino1045

Seems like Eric J, mk18mod1, Rh's M4 m16 's mag didn't show up. rest of em showed correctly. but i don't get it why i can't see vanila 556 mag D:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figured

Check Capital letter, that usually solve problem

i.e.

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",

Ok

"30rnd_556x45_STANAG",

No

Edited by kgino1045

I have issues with the use of extra load slots, i have them set to 30 slots and when the mission is loaded and VAS is accessed, only 10 slots are available, I've had this issue for a while. This is what my config looks like.

vas_onRespawn = true;

vas_preload = true;

vas_disableLoadSave = false;

vas_customslots = 29; //9 is actually 10 slots, starts from 0 to whatever you set, so always remember when setting a number to minus by 1, i.e 12 will be 11.

vas_disableSafetyCheck = false;