tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

We got it working, but seems like you have to do the weapons in a column, and not the way the documentation says! :)

No matter how I organize the classnames those weapons are still not removed from the VAS.

Hi guys,

Can someone direct me to where I can find the list of current class names used in VAS? I'm trying to restrict certain ammo and rifles but cant seem to locate these current class names. Thanks in advance.

Hollywood

No matter how I organize the classnames those weapons are still not removed from the VAS.

It seems to me that none of the changes I make in config.sqf make any difference at all. SP, hosted, or dedi. I can't enable respawn with loadout, can't change the number of save slots, can't restrict items, etc.

I like using VAS, the only issue is its just too small and pokey its hard to read or use, it would be nice if the interface was similar to MCC:

707ecfbe286a071daa847b66b8b39b2f_4.jpg

I've created a couple loadouts for my friends, but I don't know where they have been saved? I want to send them via email. I've checked My Documents Arma 3 folder, as well as main dir but no luck. :confused:

I'm with hollywoody on that.

I have a long list of restrictions on the VAS Config, but some items/weapons I can't filter (not only vanilla).

Can someone help me with a script that returns a list of CFGweapons classnames so that I can paste it into a text editor, analyze and choose what I want to restrict on VAS?

There is no doubt that the VAS adds so much to ARMA. I would even say it extends the lifetime of the game to the nth degree.

However one thing seems a little dated and as stated above, Pokey. It's the interface or more to the point, the size. C'mon guys. Most if not all play A3 on widescreen monitors. We need more horizontal text space. Our custom modification items are being cut-off.

Any chance we could get a larger (wider) interface? Or perhaps a scalable one?

Zeo

Has anyone been able to get VAS working with Dslyecxi's "Paper Doll" Gear Menu, and still be able to load your loadouts from the slots you created with vas?

Hey MDCCLXXVI,

Thanks Bro, but this is the classnames of the vanilla weapons/itens

What I realy want are the classnames of all weapons/configs loaded in my game (from BI and from the Addons).

just like VAS does.

I can see them on the config viwer on editor (CFGweapons) but I cant copy them to a textpad.

I hope someone can help me on this!

Thanks guys!

Hey, i'm new to level creation, I understood the first part of the initial post, but the part about stringtabel.mxl and everything after that meant nothing to me. please help. also how do i install this.

Edited by lazerguy

Lazerguy follow my tutorial:

Installing VAS:

1. Download and extract the vas zip

2. Vas needs a mission folder to be placed in so create a mission in the editor, save it then move all of Vas's files into that folder

you should have the following in that folder:

A.VAS folder

B. Description.ext with the following code in it:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
   #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

For the description.ext do the following:

Open a new notepad document, name it Description.ext

make sure the word is correct, and also make sure that it says Description.ext, and not description.ext.txt

C. stringtable.xml

3. In the editor, in your mission place an ammobox and in the initialization field of the box put:

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

==============

Go in the editor, hit preview, and go up to your ammobox and you should see the VAS word show listed in your action menu.

Hello Tonic,

Love the script, been using it with my groups since Alpha. Question though. We've got a big addon collection with a few weapons kits in it. We don't want to remove the weapons addons from the @mod collection as we use them elsewhere. However, the scenario I'm building is meant to be a vanilla-ish scenario.

Is there a place where I can comment out VAS from searching for the addon weapons and just use vanilla?

Hello Tonic,

Love the script, been using it with my groups since Alpha. Question though. We've got a big addon collection with a few weapons kits in it. We don't want to remove the weapons addons from the @mod collection as we use them elsewhere. However, the scenario I'm building is meant to be a vanilla-ish scenario.

Is there a place where I can comment out VAS from searching for the addon weapons and just use vanilla?

Dunno about commenting out from searching any addons, but you can include in the "VAS\config.sqf" which weapons and items you want to restrict from being displayed; the second set of options, after the first example, looks like it can be used to only display certain equipment, whereas the final set of options does the restricting.

First off the VAS has to be one of the greatest things in A3....secondly my question is is it in the VAS to enable or disable keeping your backpack when you pardrop or halo?

I see some servers Ive been in the have "load on" disabled..is this is the VAS or somewhere else in the mission file..I am editing a mission and want this enabled.

Thanks and great work!

JC

Diesel - the backpack on para drop is a separate script. The COB halo script has a built in feature that moves your backpack to the front and puts a parachute on your back, then when u land the parachute is removed and your backpack goes back on your back. There is another script on Armaholic that specifically does what you are saying but I can't recall the name of it.

I see some servers Ive been in the have "load on" disabled..is this is the VAS or somewhere else in the mission file..I am editing a mission and want this enabled.

Do you mean the load on respawn feature? It should be on by default, I think, but in the "VAS\config.sqf" right at the top is an option vas_onRespawn = true; - I suspect that setting this to false would prevent the load on respawn working, though I haven't tested it; so make sure it is true if you want it to function.

why can't i load 6.5mm suppressor in the saved my gear.....?

and i can't find suppressors in attachment.

Is there a way to create and use pre made loadouts, and user created loadouts together?

For example:

There would be total 30 slots. 20 of them premade and unchangeable, and 10 for player use.

Thanks for the replies I'll check into both replies..much appreciated.

why can't i load 6.5mm suppressor in the saved my gear.....?

and i can't find suppressors in attachment.

that's because something sneaked in a script that shouldn't by default

change in the file config.sqf the line

//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"];

to

//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = [];

you will find the file config.sqf inside the VAS folder