tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Thankyou KesnoTrev. If you can post the script you use to load the first slot I think I could use that to make what I want or at least use it as it is if you give your permission. The credit goes to you of course.

Is it possible to globally restrict items in the VAS on the server? eg. I want to restrict some items from VAS, but don't want to have to de-pbo every mission the server uses just to do that.

I am not sure how active Tonic is right now

Not for this. I've came to the point where if it ain't broke I won't touch it. Although what I have noticed is it has been almost an entire year since the release of VAS.

Not for this.

Fair call

Although what I have noticed is it has been almost an entire year since the release of VAS.

congrats Man, I don't think there are many missions out there that don't use VAS: Its a game changer.

I still remember the first MP i played back in the alpha where we had to have the game host drop gear on the ground for us due to the ammo boxes not working for clients. Wow the memories....

@Noventta - credit goes to Giallustio of =BTC= and Tonic for VAS.

I won't claim credit for something that is not mine. even a very small change.

Is it possible to call the fn_loadGear.sqf for a certain slot number without using the VAS menu?

Edited by Noventta
Made it clear

This has probably been asked before, but have you considered adding an option to view your character model in 3rd person, so you can see what your gear looks like?

Otherwise, great scripts man, we use it all the time!

This has probably been asked before, but have you considered adding an option to view your character model in 3rd person, so you can see what your gear looks like?

Otherwise, great scripts man, we use it all the time!

Just hit Enter to switch between 1st & 3rd at any time.

Just hit Enter to switch between 1st & 3rd at any time.

....... Yes, but then you view your chr from behind, altho you can rotate your head - still, I'd like to be able to properly see the characters from the front, or better yet, using the mouse to pan around.

Hold L Alt + Mouse to pan around

Also you can Use Dyslexi's Character Creator with VAS to see up-close & Multi-View.

Hold L Alt + Mouse to pan around

Also you can Use Dyslexi's Character Creator with VAS to see up-close & Multi-View.

And I just said I know you can rotate your head, but that still doesn't give a very good view of the front. Something similar to the Dyslexi thing would be nice.

@Mangled if you look at the default config it has an example;

switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
		vas_r_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
		vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
		vas_r_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
		vas_r_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
		vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
		vas_r_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS
	};
};

Now for my issue;

I am having an issue of my own though, I asked on the armaholic forums but that pages doesnt seem to be as active as this one. If using it to allow only certain items per case with the variables "vas_weapons" ect. then it works great other than if you highlight a weapon it pops up on the left with the list of attachments and mags that can be used for that weapon not following the allowed "vas_items" and "vas_magazine" arrays. the button however is no issue, its only the left popup list that fails to follow the arrays.

any ideas how to fix this?

thanks,

ChillaSteve

Is there suppose to be 2 cases for west side?

I'm having a strange issue, no suppressors are showing up in any VAS enabled objects.

Check the config file they might be in the blacklisted array.

Check the config file they might be in the blacklisted array.

Yup they were, i was confused because i was using the config straight from the VAS download, seems they are blacklisted by default, Thanks for the tip.

just wondering how to add more then 10 save slots I've joined servers with 20+ save slots and its helpful to have many loadouts

just wondering how to add more then 10 save slots I've joined servers with 20+ save slots and its helpful to have many loadouts

It's in config.sqf, right near the top - look out for the comment about picking the number correctly.

yeah i tried that ( one less 9 is really 10) but still wont load the extra slots in my mission....

yeah i tried that ( one less 9 is really 10) but still wont load the extra slots in my mission....

Did you have MCC activated when you tested your changes? Since MCC has its own version of VAS it seems like that version and its config takes precedence over the script in your mission folder. I could be wrong, but it does seem like that to me.

Hey, Tonic,

Just wanted to say cheers again for your work. Truly outstanding.

I now have 10 presets for any possible task at hand and spend less than 10 seconds gearing up in every mission.

Magnificient job!

Did you have MCC activated when you tested your changes? Since MCC has its own version of VAS it seems like that version and its config takes precedence over the script in your mission folder. I could be wrong, but it does seem like that to me.

perfect it works thank you I've also added it to my MCC so they work together

Edited by Raptor0331

Hi.

My clan is using the Nato SF and Spetznas weapons back by Massi, and its really clogging our VAS.

I've tried using the limiting on the weapons, but I am only able to limit the vanilla weapons. Do you know a way to also remove this mods weapons? Thanks

Is there already a function to organise the AI inventory for each AI soldier ? If not then I'd like to request it.

At the moment, unless I'm missing a way. I have fill multiple backpacks with ammo, drop them and then order the AI soldier to pick it up.

vas_r_weapons not working anymore? I have been for the past 2-4 hours trying to remove some modded weapons and it's not working, even the vanilla ones doesn't want to be removed from VAS.

vas_r_weapons not working anymore? I have been for the past 2-4 hours trying to remove some modded weapons and it's not working, even the vanilla ones doesn't want to be removed from VAS.

We got it working, but seems like you have to do the weapons in a column, and not the way the documentation says! :)