tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

I've installed the new version, and it looks great. Random question though. I've noticed if you pull up a weapon, you can now see the attachments available on the left side. Where is it parsing that list from? I've got my VAS setup to only show certain items/weapons, yet all accessories show up in that scroll menu, even if they're not listed in my config.

The item does say, "This is restricted..." if you try to add it, but I'd rather people just don't see them in the first place. :)

@meatball from post #839

Another version may be inbound as I remembered one key detail I forgot to do and that was make the new attachment feature dependent on the config.sqf settings. At the moment it won't matter if you limit attachments as it will still show :\

Hi there,

is there a way to include the ammobox into the official campaign missions somehow? (or is there another way to customize the mission loadouts for the campaign?) I would really like to replay it like that :)

Thanks in advance,

Dani

Hey Tonic,

Let me preface this with the fact that I think VAS is one of the greatest additions to the ARMA community in years. I, however, am having an issue with excluding weapons from the ammo box list. I don't know if it's the weapons mod or if it's something I'm doing wrong in the config for VAS with the class names but for about 4 hours last night I tried to get VAS to eliminate a number of weapon variants aside from the basic weapon available (From the NATO SF & Spetz pack) and it just didn't seem to ever want to recognize the class names. I'm including a screenshot of the class names and the config side by side but want to make the note that, since the shot was taken, I went in and deleted all spaces between the "class_names" and their respective commas.

Is this something I'm doing wrong? I'll admit I'm new to tinkering with the scripts but the config notes were so straight forward and helpful so I tried to copy the format. Here's the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/FV3ehnY.jpg

a little advice

never do scripting with windows notepad !

it can mess up scripts due wordwrap or wrong formating

download http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ or something similar

for notepad++ you can download here a syntax highlighter for Arma2/3 scripts http://killzonekid.com/arma-2-arma-3-hybrid-syntax-highlighter-for-notepad/

Hi there,

is there a way to include the ammobox into the official campaign missions somehow? (or is there another way to customize the mission loadouts for the campaign?) I would really like to replay it like that :)

Thanks in advance,

Dani

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but you could set a check to add the addaction to all ammo boxes at the start of a mission. But you'd have to turn it into an adding to function in the campaign, and I have zero knowledge of how to do that.

Is it possible to have multiple, but different VAS boxes per server? Changing the config / scripts doesn't work. Is that tied to the central stringtable.xml? Is it possible to change that?

Where is it parsing that list from?

Probably from the compatibleItems arrays in the config. It's the easiest way to render the appropriate items in any case.

Edited by Iceman77

UPDATE: v2.4

Notes:

Compatible Attachments: Added in the functionality for limiting the attachments but not fully tested with every addon pack. Please supply feedback!

New stringtable.xml remember to overwrite the old one with it!

Change log:

Added: The new attachment list box checks against the config for restricted attachments.

Added: French Translations for new prompts & Other localizations added in earlier builds (need more).

Changed: Listbox scrollbar resources changed (looks slightly different).

Fixed: Auto-scroll issue with scrollbars (Related to above change).

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.4

Thanks for sending us the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Added: The new attachment list box checks against the config for restricted attachments.

Hmm, maybe it's just me, but it still does not appear to limit attachments based on what's in the config.sqf. I have a random guess too. In my case, I'm not limiting items by putting them in the restriction arrays (bottom sets), I'm limiting what's in the crates by putting everything I want in the crate in the limit arrays (top sets). Are you just looking at the restriction arrays to determine what to pull out?

Tonic, is the Dev branch still a requirement? Says on the ArmAholic link/news; I'm a bit confused.

Tonic, is the Dev branch still a requirement? Says on the ArmAholic link/news; I'm a bit confused.

It's not.

is it possible to port VAS from one profile to another? I have created a second profile so I can use the first one for breaking point and all the loadouts are gone in the second profile

updated to latest VAS (2.3 I think) should fix it.

All it is is changing the entry from ScrollBar to ListScrollBar

thanks for the info but im on the 2.4 and its still doing it also sometimes the layout don't save when I die.

UPDATE: v2.4

Notes:

Compatible Attachments: Added in the functionality for limiting the attachments but not fully tested with every addon pack. Please supply feedback!

New stringtable.xml remember to overwrite the old one with it!

Change log:

Added: French Translations for new prompts & Other localizations added in earlier builds (need more).

Changed: Listbox scrollbar resources changed (looks slightly different).

Fixed: Auto-scroll issue with scrollbars (Related to above change).

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.4

That issue has been fixed since 2.3 if you are having problems then you have not updated to the latest VAS.

thanks for the reply and yes I do have the 2.4 installed it works great other then a few times the loadout don't save, the error seems to have stopped from my post yesterday, thanks for this great addon to arma 3 could you plz tell me what file this is in? ScrollBar to ListScrollBar as I have a few others with the same error.

Edited by zipman

Hi Tonic,

Is it possible to get x2 VAS but with different "config.sqf" ... ?

Like this maybe but i get always a error when i choose my mission in editor :/

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
#include "VAS_2\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
       #include "VAS_2\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Thx for help and 'bravo' for your work ;)

MK-L you will have to update the VAS_2 files to change the location in the function.hpp and vas_2\functions\fn_mainInit.sqf to update the location of config.sqf

what was the error? was it related to this? was it due to conflicts as you are defining the same dialog info and functions twice?

the other option is to use an if () then {} check and have different results inside the config.sqf. You shouldn't need to make two folders.

Tonic may have another option though.

hi

how do you load a custom saved equipment loadout layout on to another AI unit of your squad (that's to replace he's default vanilla equipment loadout) ?

when i instruct any of my AI squad mate to approach the VAS box, i press its F(number) > 6 and select 'virtual ammo box', he approaches the vas ammo crate and the VAS menu pops up, but when i select a loadout layout it would load it only on myself (player) and not on the AI unit that i have instructed to do so, that even if i'm far from the virtual ammo box 'trigger activation area'

thanks

As far as I know, VAS doesn't work with AI.

for real? that is very unfortunate, because i play a lot SP 'DUWS' mod, and when it requires to make long range 'expeditions' with your squad, the fact that vanilla units loadouts are lame and cheap makes your AI moan 'out of ammo' very soon. the resupply on the field has a certain cost and also it is not always possible to exfiltrate with helitaxi to reach back the FOB for resupply.. etc

for that purpose, i wanted my ai squad to carry the equipment i would have had set up through VAS, with backpacks full of magazines, medkits, and weapon attachments. etc

is there another way to do this ?

Edited by Lightningstrike

Somebody know to use VAS in every mission in campaign mode? I want to have it in my menu, i downloaded a mission that VAS appear in red.

Thank you goodbye.