tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Basically, this lets you select any weapon you like in a convenient, easy to use menu. It does require the mission to have it built in, I believe, so that rules out campaign missions or any missions which don't include it. But, if you want to test everything in the editor, just dump down a man, a bunch of vehicles and an ammo / supply box of some sort and add this script to the ammo box and you're good to go. You'll need to save the mission first as you need to add all the scripts to the mission folder.

Excellent news, thanks.

Ok thanks for the info.

While I am fiddling with this has anyone had any issues with the transfer loadout option to another player? It never did receive actual MP testing but I have always assumed it has worked...

Besides that I finally got around to making it so you can drag things to specific containers (Uniform/Vest/Backpack).

We've had no issues with the transferring of loud outs to other players, seems to work perfectly!

transferring the loadout works great - just as advertised. very useful system.

looking forward to the drag and drop implementation. - will be very useful.

Edited by KevsnoTrev

OK, Thanks for the replies. I have always wondered about that one...

Well here is what I have for today's update which today should be the day they push the new patch..

Added: Ability to add items to specific containers (Drag from Virtual ammobox to the container icon).

Changed: Updated various resources for the new A3 1.10 patch (I think it's 1.10?)

Fixed: Couldn't remove a weapon that was stored in the backpack.

Fixed: Missing semicolon ( ; ) error.

Trying to squeeze in the ability to see all available attachments for a specific weapon but it's giving me a headache trying to support the new compatibleItems class structure.

I am wondering if the LAST code line on the following files should NOT have a semicolon?

fn_accType

fn_fetchCfg

fn_fetchCfgDetails

fn_fetchPlayerGear

fn_filters

As far as I can tell it works both ways, with the semicolon or without but I am not sure if the existence of the semicolon breaks something else later on. Just wondering.

Thank you for you Support. VAS is a great addition to Arma :)

I am wondering if the LAST code line on the following files should NOT have a semicolon?

fn_accType

fn_fetchCfg

fn_fetchCfgDetails

fn_fetchPlayerGear

fn_filters

As far as I can tell it works both ways, with the semicolon or without but I am not sure if the existence of the semicolon breaks something else later on. Just wondering.

Thank you for you Support. VAS is a great addition to Arma :)

The missing semicolon error is related to the GUI and not the scripts.

I am referring to a different topic. The last line of code on those files DOES have the semicolon. I am wondering if it should NOT have it since the last line of code is a return value.

Note: Like you have it on the fn_filter.sqf .

PS: I included that file by mistake in the post above.

Edited by KadinX

UPDATE: v2.3

Notes:

THIS IS MEANT FOR THE DEV-BUILD / UPCOMING ARMA 3 1.10 PATCH

Compatible Attachments: This should be fully compatible with the old attachment config & new one. It took a lot of keyboard facepalms but I think I got it in an overly complicated way, please supply feedback on it.

Change log:

Added: Ability to add items to specific containers (Drag from Virtual ammobox to the container icon).

Added: Listbox of compatible attachments.

Changed: Updated various resources for the new A3 1.10 patch (I think it's 1.10?)

Fixed: Couldn't remove a weapon that was stored in the backpack.

Fixed: Missing semicolon (;) error.

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.3

Thanks again for always informing us about your updated work :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.3

required_addons.png

Arma 3 Development Branch

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Version 2.3 works beautifully in Dev-Build :). No errors in .rpt either.

Thank you!!

Tonic, in the 1.10 stable update some people dont see the compatible attachments but they see the window (this was on a MP DS server on Takistan if that helps at all).

His screenshot: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/886382807351643131/282DD872A62194A1D95CC69D5D94F634C0DABB88/

My screenshot: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3405020898957672330/5C0739AB9722CE4B47A96FE9F83F357525DDFD30/

Tonic, in the 1.10 stable update some people dont see the compatible attachments but they see the window (this was on a MP DS server on Takistan if that helps at all).

His screenshot: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/886382807351643131/282DD872A62194A1D95CC69D5D94F634C0DABB88/

My screenshot: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3405020898957672330/5C0739AB9722CE4B47A96FE9F83F357525DDFD30/

Full list of addons and maybe performance? I banged my head at least 10 times lastnight half asleep trying to make it work for all types of attachments. As for LondonLad if you update to 2.3 it's actually fixed (Should be). It's recommended to update VAS to 2.3 for 1.10 ARMA 3 Version otherwise gui errors will pop up.

Another version may be inbound as I remembered one key detail I forgot to do and that was make the new attachment feature dependent on the config.sqf settings. At the moment it won't matter if you limit attachments as it will still show :\

Edited by Tonic-_-

It seemed to work for everyone else. I'll get back to you Tonic after I sit him down and see if its his client.

Tonic I'm getting the same bug as SpectreRSG.

The mod that seems to be causing the trouble is MCC Sandbox (addon edition).

Other than not being able to see attachments, I can't drag items into the containers. All it does is post a hint saying this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219420704

I'm using 2.3 of VAS instead of the one included with MCC but that could be conflicting. I'll run with errors on and report back anything else I find.

Quick edit, also I noticed the lefthand menu constantly scrolling slowly after clicking on a button in the middle, for example: I click on "Magazines" and the Magazine window populates and then slowly starts scrolling.

Tonic I'm getting the same bug as SpectreRSG.

The mod that seems to be causing the trouble is MCC Sandbox (addon edition).

Other than not being able to see attachments, I can't drag items into the containers. All it does is post a hint saying this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219420704

I'm using 2.3 of VAS instead of the one included with MCC but that could be conflicting. I'll run with errors on and report back anything else I find.

Quick edit, also I noticed the lefthand menu constantly scrolling slowly after clicking on a button in the middle, for example: I click on "Magazines" and the Magazine window populates and then slowly starts scrolling.

MCC explains the issues however that hint does not make sense as that was apart of the debugging however looking at my files it's no longer there, could of possibly packaged it wrong. Try VAS 2.3 by its self without MCC and let me know, i'm going to take a look at the package and see if I fudged it.

*Edit*

That hint must be coming from MCC along with the attachment issue however I did make one small mistake but it's nothing..

As far as the scrollbar I was noticing that but I have no idea what the cause is. It appears something with the new patch has done something else with scroll bars so I have no idea..

Edited by Tonic-_-

Yeah it's definitely bugging out with the scroll bars. Before updating to 2.3 I noticed some popup errors about scroll bars so it's definitely the new patch.

But without MCC it runs fine from what I can tell.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Yeah it's definitely bugging out with the scroll bars. Before updating to 2.3 I noticed some popup errors about scroll bars so it's definitely the new patch.

But without MCC it runs fine from what I can tell.

Yeah it's definitely bugging out with the scroll bars.

I think it's because the latest update changed scrollBars names to ie; listScrollBar

can confirm in non-dev build, the stable update with v2.3 throws off the missing ";" error in the .rpt

Big shot, are you sure you have updated to VAS 2.3. This error is fixed and it should not appear in either Dev-Build or Stable.

yep, im sure im using v2.3...just downloaded and installed it into my mission last nite...just checked some of the installed file dates now to be sure.

Ran the mission again but this time i didnt get the error, hmf...will test more later on and report back if it reappears here.

Edited by BigShot

Could the delay in VAS loading be specific to AMD processors? The team I play with has a total of 7 members. 5 of the 7 are running intel processors and do not experience a delay in VAS loading. The other 2 run AMD processors and both experience delays with VAS loading. Is this just a coincidence?

Hey Tonic,

Let me preface this with the fact that I think VAS is one of the greatest additions to the ARMA community in years. I, however, am having an issue with excluding weapons from the ammo box list. I don't know if it's the weapons mod or if it's something I'm doing wrong in the config for VAS with the class names but for about 4 hours last night I tried to get VAS to eliminate a number of weapon variants aside from the basic weapon available (From the NATO SF & Spetz pack) and it just didn't seem to ever want to recognize the class names. I'm including a screenshot of the class names and the config side by side but want to make the note that, since the shot was taken, I went in and deleted all spaces between the "class_names" and their respective commas.

Is this something I'm doing wrong? I'll admit I'm new to tinkering with the scripts but the config notes were so straight forward and helpful so I tried to copy the format. Here's the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/FV3ehnY.jpg