tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

player RemoveallEventHandlers "Respawn";
player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {[VAS_slot] spawn VAS_fnc_loadGear;}];

Can you please change the removing of all eventhandlers for respawn because you kill all respawn options with this code snippet and we get blackscreens after some time if we respawn.

If you don't trust me i hope you trust Xeno -> http://hx3.de/460929-beitrag695.html <-

That's not the latest version of VAS. It doesn't have that code. The code it should be displaying:

#include "macro.sqf"
/*
@version: 2.0
@file_name: fn_onRespawn.sqf
@file_author: TAW_Tonic
@file_edit: 9/24/2013
*/
VAS_slot = lbCurSel VAS_load_list;
if(VAS_slot == -1) exitWith {hint localize "STR_VAS_Prompt_onRespawnFail"};

if(isNil "VAS_Respawn_Handler") then
{
VAS_Respawn_Handler = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {[VAS_slot] spawn VAS_fnc_loadGear;}];
};

That's not the latest version of VAS. It doesn't have that code. The code it should be displaying:

#include "macro.sqf"
/*
@version: 2.0
@file_name: fn_onRespawn.sqf
@file_author: TAW_Tonic
@file_edit: 9/24/2013
*/
VAS_slot = lbCurSel VAS_load_list;
if(VAS_slot == -1) exitWith {hint localize "STR_VAS_Prompt_onRespawnFail"};

if(isNil "VAS_Respawn_Handler") then
{
VAS_Respawn_Handler = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {[VAS_slot] spawn VAS_fnc_loadGear;}];
};

ok, but i get still the blackscreen with Version 2.0 after 3-5 respawn. i tried it without VAS and have no problem with the respawn

ok, but i get still the blackscreen with Version 2.0 after 3-5 respawn. i tried it without VAS and have no problem with the respawn

It's simple, just don't use load on respawn.

It's simple, just don't use load on respawn.

I never use this because it dublicates the inventory...

I tried to test an other issue and get the black screen after the 3rd respawn. If this is not vas which killes the Domination respawn which "Mod" is it then?

I have no other Mods in the map as VAS and i don't touched the VAS box on this test i only use the "Save Gearlayout" from the normal Domination Box to bring up an error message after respawn. (http://hx3.de/461198-beitrag731.html)

So i don't get the message but i get a blackscreen with the message "You have selected a respawn position, stand by!" and then nothing. Something is destroying the respawn system and as i say i have no other mod then vas in the mission

Edit: Tried on vanilla mission and work without problem, no blackscreen.

Edited by Shona

Don't know what to tell you but I'd probably update VAS. If there is a black screen and you aren't using Load on respawn then it may be something conflicting between them (Domination is using a variable or something in VAS or it's not installed properly). Either way I don't really want to help out with VAS when it involves Domination as the restrictions put onto it by Xeno aren't something I like / support but I'm sure he has his reasons.

Also not to mention Domination is a very complex system that has been obscured by Xeno over the years to keep the unwanted people away so there is no telling what the problem could be whether it is a problem with the VAS integration or a bad edit of the mission its self.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Don't know what to tell you but I'd probably update VAS. If there is a black screen and you aren't using Load on respawn then it may be something conflicting between them (Domination is using a variable or something in VAS or it's not installed properly). Either way I don't really want to help out with VAS when it involves Domination as the restrictions put onto it by Xeno aren't something I like / support but I'm sure he has his reasons.

Also not to mention Domination is a very complex system that has been obscured by Xeno over the years to keep the unwanted people away so there is no telling what the problem could be whether it is a problem with the VAS integration or a bad edit of the mission its self.

VAS is defenetly installed, in a other way then you post but this is because the Domi uses also a cfgfunctions.hpp

I can use the VAS Box like it should and before the 2.0 Update i never had the blackscreen but i thought i would be better if you update so i posted it here.

I don't know before that you updatet this Codepart so it was a shock for me to see that after this change you made i get the blackscreen.

Domination is a complex system but easier to understand as your mod. I work now since end 2011 with Domi and have never such a Problem with a Mod and the Respawnsystem of Domination.

Is there anyway to stop uniforms being added to VAS? im making a TvT game mode with VAS and the problem im having is both sides taking the same armies uniform

You can try adding in VAS_r_Items in the config:

VAS_r_items = ["Uniform_Base"];

Not entirely sure if I added that support yet. Pretty sure I did.

If you are utilizing it for PVP it's probably best to just setup a custom set with VAS_x (x being weapons,magazines,items,etc) and using a switch statement of the player side i.e

switch(playerSide) do
{
//Blufor
case west:
{
	VAS_weapons = ["arifle_MX_GL_F"];
	//Follow the same for VAS_items, etc
};

//Opfor
case east:
{
	VAS_weapons = ["arifle_Katiba_F"];
	//Same...
};
};

within the config.sqf file. There are example posts somewhere in this massive thread in using it to setup presets for sides.

@Tonic

Xeno wrotes me he don't know what you mean with "involves Domination as the restrictions put onto it by Xeno aren't something I like" because Domina is the most modded Arma mission.

Also the problem is defenetly not Domination there is something in VAS which kills the respawns. I know you changed it but there is something which breaks it still.

Other thing is can i disable the "Load on Respawn" in the Code to look if this is the problem? Or is it to complex to comment the lines out?

If I was to do a exporter/importer it would still require VAS to load it because I tend to keep it in my format, technically it would require the full set of VAS just VAS_fnc_handleItem and what that requires which is VAS_fnc_fetchCfgDetails and VAS_fnc_accType. Another thing is copyToClipboard only works if you are host/server, it does not work in MP if you aren't the host / server.

The exporter/importer wouldn't necessarily have to be MP, SP would do the justice aswell. Exported loudouts could be then posted/shared within the clan and before MP session player could just go to SP, import the loudout, save it to VAS profile and then load it in MP (if allowed).

I have to say, it is quite annoying having both you and the BTC Revive guy acknowledge that there is a problem with both mods conflicting but noone offering to do anything about it.

"Just don't use X mod". What a solution.

Can you describe the issue in detail? When using mods that "display" something other

than vanilla in-the-game stuff, you will likely have a conflict if more than one is used

as they are trying to use duplicate (define.hpp?) files. Can you list the exact error?

I have VAS, DAP, and a SCUBA mod that were all in conflict. I dropped BTC though.

I have to say, it is quite annoying having both you and the BTC Revive guy acknowledge that there is a problem with both mods conflicting but noone offering to do anything about it.

"Just don't use X mod". What a solution.

We always use vas and revive and got no problems. Watchs bug was resolved while ago... It's only some mission's error or maybe you dont use all the updated scripts

BTC Revive guy acknowledge that there is a problem with both mods conflicting but noone offering to do anything about it.

LOL

Where?

I'm using VAS in all my missions with all my scripts, that's funny :rolleyes:

There was a guy a few pages back who posted the issue with the watches spawning after revive and you just posted your smug emote and left it at that.

Maybe because people dont follow updates and write into the topic only when they got problem ? Maybe they need to check to have the latest updated version before say that things don't work, don't you?

I'm sorry, isn't that what a thread like this is for? otherwise how would the creator know anything is wrong with his work? Unless he posts threads about his work so he can get pats on the back from anonymous people around the world, like some big circle jerk.

Yes, I am fully updated in both VAS and BTC Revive.

Maybe i've to remember to you that WE work for free and WE don't have any contracts to solve YOUR problem.

Your manners don't help at all.

Sorry Tonic for the intrusion, it's my last post on your topic.

Very cool script, thanks. :) For single-player it would be great if it would allow also to change gear for team-mates. Could I edit the script to work for team-members too in my mission (WLA)? I would keep the look the same, just add dialog box to choose team-mate before opening the VAS for the selected unit. Wouldnt stole any credit. ;)

Just a thought, but is there any way to make this an addon? I know that it would make it easier for me in some respects, but I'd still be needing to make exclusion lists (vas_r_weapons, etc). Was thinking the config.sqf would still need to be present in the pbo and I could just repack it with my modified version. My crew and I make content and missions for our own private consumption, so even though installing VAS is pretty simple already, it would make it even easier. This way I could also include my exclusion list and distribute the pbo, and I wouldn't have to worry about my guys swapping out the config.sqf, because they can be lazy sometimes.

I don't know how sqf and init files work in a pbo, otherwise I'd have done this myself already.

Like I said, just a thought.

Very cool script, thanks. :) For single-player it would be great if it would allow also to change gear for team-mates. Could I edit the script to work for team-members too in my mission (WLA)? I would keep the look the same, just add dialog box to choose team-mate before opening the VAS for the selected unit. Wouldnt stole any credit. ;)

Knock yourself out.

There was a guy a few pages back who posted the issue with the watches spawning after revive and you just posted your smug emote and left it at that.

I'm pretty sure I already stated that this is caused by a function within the revive system as it is using another persons code to load gear and if I remember correctly Giallustio already stated that it is fixed. VAS uses nothing in the sense of ItemWatch for that problem to happen. If you are having a issue then the most likely cause is you utilizing the load on respawn feature with a revive system. It has been stated so many times and even listed in the config.sqf that if you are using a revive system or other script that loads gear upon respawn that you should not use the load on respawn feature. If the problem still persists even after disabling that then I have absolutely no idea what to tell you. I am fairly confident in my scripting abilities to make something as compatible as possible with another script / mission. Around 99% commonly reported issues are all user error if not acknowledged by me as a bug and I have used and played in missions using various types of revive / respawn systems and I have never experienced the problem in which you are having.

I really do hate being a broken record but if it the problem persists and I can't reproduce it and a large amount of other users can't reproduce it then I call user error and the only suggestion I can give is to make sure all of your scripts are up-to-date, make sure they are all implemented properly and if it still persists after that and it's not on a DEV-BUILD of the game then my final suggestion is don't use the system.

Just a thought, but is there any way to make this an addon? I know that it would make it easier for me in some respects, but I'd still be needing to make exclusion lists (vas_r_weapons, etc). Was thinking the config.sqf would still need to be present in the pbo and I could just repack it with my modified version. My crew and I make content and missions for our own private consumption, so even though installing VAS is pretty simple already, it would make it even easier. This way I could also include my exclusion list and distribute the pbo, and I wouldn't have to worry about my guys swapping out the config.sqf, because they can be lazy sometimes.

I don't know how sqf and init files work in a pbo, otherwise I'd have done this myself already.

Like I said, just a thought.

My thoughts have already been expressed in a earlier post about a page or two back. I have no intentions of making an addon version.

Thanks, very kind. :) Got it working and just uploading Whole Lotta Altis updated with it.

@Linkage

I posted right after you to describe the exact error message. I debugged and fixed

all conflicts with multiple mods. What is the error? We will try and help you if we can.

There is nothing "wrong" with the work. Its just a conflict. Its like saying something

is wrong with the roads because there are accidents. Some mods/scripts can't occupy

the same game at the same time without some adjustment. Its the nature of coding.

I have two suggestions for future updates, take them or leave them.

1) It would be nice to see a third person view of your character when picking gear. This way, you can see clothing and gear attachments visually without having to look through the items and guess.

2) Add an indication of the current weight. The stock inventory screen in Arma 3 just shows a vague bar that fills up as you increase in weight. I would bet there are probably functions in the game that can tell you exact weights or at least encumberance levels. That would be nice to see in the interface. Either have the exact values and an indication of how much is "too much", or, at least replicate the bar that is displayed in the main inventory. This way people don't have to go back and forth between the two to see how much more stuff they can carry.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :)