tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Love this mod , is there a way I can get it to work on Altis though???

pretty sure it would work with any map, just download the latest version and follow the install instructions to have it in any mission

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

This is a cry for help from any friendly script wizard out there.....I admit defeat.

After 62 pages of reading (wow) and staying up all night (partner wasnt pleased) I am stumped.

I love VAS, it is a must for Dom game types but try as I might I just cannot figure out what is conflicting/why it wont work, when I am trying to set up for my own private game.

This is what I have done so far.

Downloaded and successfully tested VAS v1.9a in the test mission.

Located and downloaded Xeno's Domimation 2.99l (Stratis) and 2.99m (Altis)

Unpbo'd -Stratis- moved it to mission folder. Loaded it in editor and placed a number of supply crates with appropriate script in init field. Placed a few jets for good measure.

Saved the mission and copied the mission.sqm into the unpbo -Stratis- file.

Amended pre existing description.txt

Copied string table into mission directory (as "stringtable (2)")

Repacked after every amendment.

I added the following to the description text:

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

This causes a crash as cfgfunctions is already defined.

I then retried:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

This gets me in the game (complete with crates and jets) however it then states that cfgfunction.hpp was never called.

I have tried amending the pre existing cfcgfunctions.hpp in the mission file to include the text from the cfcgfunctions.hpp in VAS

I have then tried every other possible change I could think off.

Please could anyone give me some guidance. :ill:

is the

class CfgFunctions

mentioned twice in the description.ext?

pretty sure it would work with any map, just download the latest version and follow the install instructions to have it in any mission

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

is the

class CfgFunctions

mentioned twice in the description.ext?

Tried that but whenever I click on the red writing ingame i get the error SCRIPT VAS\open.sqf not found. It works fine in the test mission.

I start a new mission on altis create an ammo box add in the initialising and description fields. Only get error.

I couldn't see it and tried to find it with Ctrl F. I will have another look this evening.

A lot of public servers seem to have no issue in getting this working, I am quite a noob at scripting though. Hopefully if this can be resolved it may help a few others out there trying to what I am doing.

Many thanks for responding.

:banghead: double checked and yes #include "cfgfunctions.hpp" is already in the description.txt.

As alternative to

class CfgFunctions

{

};

I tried just using #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp" but this doesnt work. I tried leaving the line out altogether and just copy and pasting the entry from VAS/cfgfunctions into "mission"/cfgfunctions but this got the no call response in game.

As I said im not too good at understanding script on a scale of maybe 2/10. There are a lot of other classes already defined in the existing "mission"/cfgfunctions. Why does it not like this one?

How has everyone else got round this on the public servers?!!

J2Ninja,

You don't have to take one out to make it work, just put the #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp" ​at the top of the CfgFunctions you already have.

ninja if you still are having issues post your mission file in a dropbox link and I'd be happy to check it for you.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers KevnoTrev

I tried this and also tried a few variations, it make sense that its the cfgfunction in the mission file that need editing but I still cant get it. Its no problem reading script, I am out of my depth writing it!

Ive drop boxed Dark6-6 and will keep soldiering on trying to get it to work (90+ deleted files and counting).

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) 2.0 will be released later today fixing the remaining issues with the system and finish the localization of everything. New translations will be needed for the newly added bits and bobs, If anyone is seeing this I'll try to have the stringtable.xml in advance before release and get as many translations in before the 2.0 release.

*Edit*

Here is the new stringtable.xml:

http://pastie.org/pastes/8352464/text?key=kaxqjnontwhvmfmi4zcspg

Look for STR_VAS_restricted (I point this one out because it's sort of hidden). The rest of the new bits are towards the bottom.

Also for the guy that wanted the Korean Translation, I didn't realize that the Korean language is there but in the box version of ARMA 3 so you can append yours to it as well.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Hey tonic, I have updated the german strings in the stringtable. The definitions have used more place on the buttons than the buttonsize is offering, that results in "Gear" and "Gear" for the save and the load button (in German language of course...Gear is just an example).

So I´ve edited and changed the definitions that they do fit now to the buttonsize...may be you can/want to use this in your next update...

http://www.cstc-v160thsoar.com/files/ArmA/VAS/stringtable.7z

UPDATE: v2.0

Notes:

An update was applied to the stringtable.xml so be sure to drag that into your mission!

Change log:

Fixed: Map,Compass,etc wouldn't show in VAS.

Changed: Load on respawn shouldn't conflict with any other 'respawn' EVH.

Changed: Some German translations so they fit, thanks to MemphisBelle.

Added: More things to be localized. New translations needed.

Added: More translations for VAS in Russian,Czech and Spanish.

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.0

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is there any way to improve the load time for this script? Tonight I connected to my server with 33 ms and waiting for 15 minutes with the "VAS hasn't finished loading yet" message every time I tried to get a loadout. When a mission first loads it takes seconds to get into the box, but it seems if the mission goes on for few minutes the box never 'loads'.

It is beyond frustrating to deal with this sort of issue - or to listen to late comers to a mission complain about it. Is there some way to seperate the functions of the box into 'saved loadouts' and the gear menu? That may fix the load times for some of us since I've got my loads saved and just want to get access to them, not the rest of the box.

Edited by 7th_Serf

Good update

It's really shame that engine dosen't support korean D: (then what the hell is going on? Our country sell Korean Arma 3 right now D:)

probably something is wrong in comunication between B.I and distributor D:

Oh and I have one question

Is it possible to make a more count of loadout's number

I mean save, and load. we have only 10 loadout to load our loadout.

Can anybody tell me how to add in a VAS box using BIS_fnc_MP? I'm really new to scripting. I have a function built but it's not working.

My function in init.sqf is:

fnc_VAS = 
       { 

private["_actName","_object"]; 
       _object = objectFromNetID (_this select 0); 

if(isNull _object) exitWith {}; 

_object addaction ["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>","VAS\open.sqf"]; 

};  

and then I call it from my code like this:

[[(netid _box)],"fnc_VAS",nil,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;  

It doesn't pop an error but it also doesn't work. Any help?

Sorry, ever since 1.9 when you "improved" the VAS hasn't finished loading, it's been worse. What is the cause of this?

Edited by SpectreRSG

Never mind figured :)

Sorry Tonic :(

Edited by kgino1045

Latest VAS is absolutly f*** up with half of our Team-members who can't load it is it possible to have more information about what optimisation you have made on it then we'll try to fix it with our mod-makers ? Plz help Tonic

LONG LOAD TIMES - VAS hasn't finished loading

A few things that we have done on our dedicated server that produces consistent VAS results.

Player #1 and #2

Player #1 logs in and starts a mission.

Player #1 instantly gets VAS menu.

player #2 now joins the server and receives not finished loading.

player #2 Gets option after 3-13 mins.

Next Test.

Player #2 login in server and loads mission.

Player #2 gets VAS menu instantly.

Player #1 joins the server.

Player #1 is now delayed and unable to get VAS menu for minutes.

The two most glaring things that we have noticed are:

First player on a newly loaded mission, gets the VAS menu instantly.

All subsequent players are delayed.

Most long wait times seem to be AMD users.

Most Intel i5/i7 users wait 3 mins while the AMD users wait upwards to 25 mins.

I know none of this is solid information but we have been beating our heads against the wall to solve this and are about to do without the SAVE/LOAD option as it is so inconsistent that it is actually easier to just use the old method and be done with it. Please do not misunderstand what i am saying here, VAS is an excellent mod but because it is acting so flaky, it is causing severe administrative activity.

Anyone have any same experiences or solutions to this/these issues?

how do i limit the items quantity inside the vas? for example, one rifle and just 3 magazines for it?