tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Don't have to worry about conflict with others,

because there are 50 people who install mod exactly same as mine,

but they are all good to use VAS.

Why am i ask here? cause nobody care about me.

they suggest some idea but it didn't work ):

The thing you worried about conflict with other mod which is mean

that i install VAS exactly.

did i install vas correctly? as i describe at the first complaining?

I'm sorry but.... WHAT?

I literally don't understand a thing you are trying to say, you are making no sense at all :\

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh shoot

Edited by kgino1045

If something in VAS is conflicting with other stuff then you need to be more specific rather then saying it doesn't work for blah and other things,

-> you don't have to think about that, because it doesn't

what i try to say

1. I did install VAS as you describe in readme.txt but it didn't work

2. it's only work at gear_test.straits

3. the thing that i want is make this(properly working VAS) happen in Insurgency mod

4. since i'm noob so don't know what is common knowledge to treat arma addon or mods stuffs like that

conclusion : what should i do?

is that clear to you now?

That was much clearer, can you explain the steps you are doing when trying to install it?

1. put scripts in D:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

2. making C:\Users\user\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\```````````````Missions\INSURGENCY-141-COOP-VAS.Stratis

3. put INSURGENCY-141-COOP-VAS.Stratis.pbo in to C:\Users\user\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\`````````````````\Missions\INSURGENCY-141-COOP-VAS.Stratis

4. put VAS, description.txt and stringtable in C:\Users\user\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\```````````````Missions\INSURGENCY-141-COOP-VAS.Stratis

5. start INSURGENCY-141-COOP-VAS.Stratis in multiplay

6. try to approach to box and click the loadout menu but it's say "vas never initialized something went wrong"

7. making new ammo or supply any box and put this addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf]; into int

8. approach to box that i made and try to find red text virtual ammo box but there were nothing

Sad ):

OK,

Seems like you aren't actually unpacking the insurgency pbo file, first you need to unpack it. You can use a tool like Eliteness to unpack the PBO. You can unpack it and have it save to that file path or be lazy such as myself and unpack it to your desktop (if you do it like me you'll have to drag the unpacked pbo/folder to that file path you listed above.

Once it's unpacked you'll have a lot of files I presume in that folder, given Insurgency is a released mission it will already have a Description.ext so you will need to copy:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Into the Insurgency Description.ext, if the Insurgency description.ext already has Class CfgFunctions in there then you will just paste #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp" into it. Once that's all done just drag the VAS folder in there along with the stringtable and do the ammoboxes and you should be good to go.

You didn't copy the stringtable.xml over to the mission directory. It needs to be put in there where your mission.sqm is

Can the string table stuff be moved into the VAS folder?

Can the string table stuff be moved into the VAS folder?

No, it has to go in the main missions directory where mission.sqm is.

Hi, thanks, i tried your script for the first time last night, just one bit of feed back, the whole dialog box seemed to small, or a better explanation would be I have to strain my eyes to see what I'm selecting.

Hi all,

Hi Tonic, don't know if every versions are impacted or not, but, I think there's a huge bug in your VAS, because when we use "Load on Respawn" VAS feature, we have a black screen before respawning, the only way to respawn is to disconnect/reconnect ...

We were looking for the cause of this issue since 1 month, and it appears to be the "Load on Respawn feature" of the VAS causing it.

Can you have a look to your code please?

Thanks in advance,

Gagi - Atchoom Team Leader

Hi all,

Hi Tonic, don't know if every versions are impacted or not, but, I think there's a huge bug in your VAS, because when we use "Load on Respawn" VAS feature, we have a black screen before respawning, the only way to respawn is to disconnect/reconnect ...

We were looking for the cause of this issue since 1 month, and it appears to be the "Load on Respawn feature" of the VAS causing it.

Can you have a look to your code please?

Thanks in advance,

Gagi - Atchoom Team Leader

Never heard of this bug, it may be due to other issues in your mission/scripting conflicts. The only issue I have with load on respawn is when you're using it in conjunction with BTC revive - every revive fills your inventory. Very very annoying.

Tonic, I haven't been monitoring this thread and nothing turned up on a quick thread search, but is it possible to have a larger UI version? It's hard to read some of the longer item/weapon/mag names and near impossible in some. Ideally, a resizable UI would be -perfect-.

Never heard of this bug, it may be due to other issues in your mission/scripting conflicts. The only issue I have with load on respawn is when you're using it in conjunction with BTC revive - every revive fills your inventory. Very very annoying.

Tonic, I haven't been monitoring this thread and nothing turned up on a quick thread search, but is it possible to have a larger UI version? It's hard to read some of the longer item/weapon/mag names and near impossible in some. Ideally, a resizable UI would be -perfect-.

If I make the UI bigger, it will be to big for people that use the UI size (Normal or Large). I designed it with UI size small.

Ah okay. What about another version (a large/XL)? Is it even possible to make it resizeable (a click and drag on the client end)?

Ok thanks it must be a compatibility issue with btc revive then

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

If something in VAS is conflicting with other stuff then you need to be more specific rather then saying it doesn't work for blah and other things, it's not very helpful.

I can fix whatever VAS may conflict with but I can't be bothered to fix other peoples stuff that conflicts with VAS.

Hi, is true that VAS conflicts with btc Revive?

Thanks for your drug !!!

Ok thanks it must be a compatibility issue with btc revive then

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Hi, is true that VAS conflicts with btc Revive?

Thanks for your drug !!!

Yes it may be true, most revive systems use the Respawn Eventhandler and so does VAS. Although technically the event handler shouldn't overwrite one before it, eventhandlers are suppose to add on top of each other but that's obviously bugged and has been for awhile since A2 (Or just bad misinformed documentation). When using revive systems it's best you just disable the Load on Respawn option as most revive systems on ARMA 3 automatically reload the character back with the gear he died with.

Ok so Im trying to use VAS with the latest MCC mission version and im getting this

vroxLje.jpg

any idea why?

Ok so Im trying to use VAS with the latest MCC mission version and im getting this

http://i.imgur.com/vroxLje.jpg

any idea why?

try this - there was an update and you need the stringtable.xml in the main mission folder. this has been mentioned many times.

try this - there was an update and you need the stringtable.xml in the main mission folder. this has been mentioned many times.

Wow I searched everything i could think of and all I need to do was go back a few pages... Thanks!

We are getting really long load times on our server - we do use a couple of weapon mods - but it was pretty long (3-5mins) before we added the mods. Any way to speed up the load? Sorry if its been asked before.

I'm curious... is there a reason why the MRCO is now considered 'restricted' by VAS?

OK,

Seems like you aren't actually unpacking the insurgency pbo file, first you need to unpack it. You can use a tool like Eliteness to unpack the PBO. You can unpack it and have it save to that file path or be lazy such as myself and unpack it to your desktop (if you do it like me you'll have to drag the unpacked pbo/folder to that file path you listed above.

Once it's unpacked you'll have a lot of files I presume in that folder, given Insurgency is a released mission it will already have a Description.ext so you will need to copy:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Into the Insurgency Description.ext, if the Insurgency description.ext already has Class CfgFunctions in there then you will just paste #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp" into it. Once that's all done just drag the VAS folder in there along with the stringtable and do the ammoboxes and you should be good to go.

thanks figures :)

I'm curious... is there a reason why the MRCO is now considered 'restricted' by VAS?

You may of got a old package somehow, have you tried downloading it from armaholic? Nether the less if it's your mission then you need to overlook the config.sqf and look at the vas_r_items and make sure it doesn't have anything in there just [] if you want everything. If it's another persons mission then they probably don't want MRCO's

I'm fairly certain I have the latest version, but I will definitely go check. It happens in both of my missions that use a standard VAS scripting, and I know I have not set any restriction; I'll get back to you.

Okay, the MRCO is working; not sure how that came about. I redownloaded the same version and it's fine now. Thanks.

Edit: in order to save a loadout with a laser designator battery, you need to add two of them and then save. When you load the loadout with the battery, it says it's going to give you the two, but it only gives you one. Essentially when you load a saved loadout it removes a designator battery. Is this a known issue?

The only way to make it act normal is by putting a battery in a backpack. Otherwise the above occurs.

And lastly, VAS refused to save any more than one 'goggle' item at a time. I've attempted putting 2 different sunglasses in a backpack, vest, and uniform slot and they refuse to load. They SAVE in the loadout, but they do not LOAD.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Okay, the MRCO is working; not sure how that came about. I redownloaded the same version and it's fine now. Thanks.

Edit: in order to save a loadout with a laser designator battery, you need to add two of them and then save. When you load the loadout with the battery, it says it's going to give you the two, but it only gives you one. Essentially when you load a saved loadout it removes a designator battery. Is this a known issue?

The only way to make it act normal is by putting a battery in a backpack. Otherwise the above occurs.

And lastly, VAS refused to save any more than one 'goggle' item at a time. I've attempted putting 2 different sunglasses in a backpack, vest, and uniform slot and they refuse to load. They SAVE in the loadout, but they do not LOAD.

1. The Laser battery thing is not known, they probably changed the way batteries work and possibly load directly into the designator its self, will look into.

2. Not known but was never tested / brought up although the solution may not be possible as 'Goggles' are not classified as a item and they are actually their own separate config entry under CfgGlasses as where most items are under CfgWeapons but I'm not saying that I can't take a look and possibly find a work around I'm just letting you know that there probably isn't going to be a work around and needs to be reported to BIS to make entries / goggles under CfgGlasses a item that can be added via additem/addItemCargo or commands similar to them to put goggles / glasses directly into a uniform/vest/backpack.

Another fun fact, that issue with glasses has been around since day one if you haven't noticed there isn't a way to put goggles in ammo boxes via script.

*** EDIT ***

Is it bad that I can't remember my own code outside a few files?

Regardless I have fixed the laser designator battery issue however as I thought there is no solution for the goggles at this time.

Edited by Tonic-_-