tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Finally! After spending about 20 minutes talking with Dwarden to help recover my BIS account I finally got it back, but here is a release!

UPDATE: 1.4

Notes:

This isn't the version I was hoping to release but due to some changes in CfgFunctions from the newest patch I was kind of forced to release this, but I did include some fixes so it wasn't a complete waste of an update!

Change log:

Changed: 'forced' was changed to 'preInit' in CfgFunctions.

Fixed: Fixed issue with gear on loadouts sometimes missing.

Changed: Some changes to the initialization process to try and fix 'VAS hasn't finished loading yet.'.

Added: If restricted items are listed in the config.sqf upon loading a loadout that item will not be added.

Download Mirror(s):

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v1.4

Armaholic - Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v1.4

Additionally if the BIS forums are down I will always keep updates on Armaholic & my website.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Thanks Tonic!

Your virtual ammo box quickly became a must-have ingredient for all our lan wars!

]hi. dig your work.

FYI am getting this error in VAS 1.4.

Error in expression <= [_entity,_displayName,_picture,_scope,_type,_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles>
 Error position: <_type,_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _type
File ***edited file location out****\VAS\functions\fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf, line 109

]hi. dig your work.

FYI am getting this error in VAS 1.4.

Error in expression <= [_entity,_displayName,_picture,_scope,_type,_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles>
 Error position: <_type,_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _type
File ***edited file location out****\VAS\functions\fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf, line 109

If you are using the DEV build ignore those errors, it should still function but any undeclared variable will throw an error.

I guess the DEV runs with the -debug set.... is there a way to turn if off in DEV for the general public ?

anyway.. I noticed all the errors where coming from file fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf.

To fix I had to add some initialisation lines at the very start of the file fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf.

eg.

_acc_p = "";

_acc_o = "";

_acc_m = "";

_vas_type = "";

_vas_scope = 0;

_vas_itemInfo = 0;

_vas_magazines =0;

_muzzles=[];

The varibles with "_vas" infront are renamed due to my guess would be reserved variable names were being used. So you have to replace the local variable _type with _vas_type.. etc. .. no.. I am not a scripter.... just trial and error.. I hope this helps... You can't do all the work.. :)

Edited by gonk

I guess the DEV runs with the -debug set.... is there a way to turn if off in DEV for the general public ?

anyway.. I noticed all the errors where coming from file fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf.

To fix I had to add some initialisation lines at the very start of the file fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf.

eg.

_acc_p = "";

_acc_o = "";

_acc_m = "";

_vas_type = "";

_vas_scope = 0;

_vas_itemInfo = 0;

_vas_magazines =0;

_muzzles=[];

The varibles with "_vas" infront are renamed due to my guess would be reserved variable names were being used. So you have to replace the local variable _type with _vas_type.. etc. .. no.. I am not a scripter.... just trial and error.. I hope this helps... You can't do all the work.. :)

Settings those variables can cause VAS to break and not handle gear properly.

And those variables aren't reserved.

Hey my friend is trying to get VAS to work with insurgency for his new server. Is there any missions with vas built in that work? We tried some and it hasn't worked yet. Or is there a simple way for us to easily put VAS into a insurgency mission without it?

until the mission maker updates his mission to use VAS 1.4 then it wont work.I have made an updated version of sk69's armory using the new VAS but it wasn't easy especially as i had no prior knowledge of messing with scripts in arma.You need pbo manager to turn a mission to usable files.Then you need arma tools for the program cpbo so you can change the mission back to a pbo once you have updated vas to 1.4.You may have to edit various files in the mission as well to tell it where to look for VAS and so on.

Tonic-_-, thank you for your VAS. Fully adapted in my missions.

I have a question, I recently run into this http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Function#Return_Value.

My question relates to the last entry of five of your function files:

fn_accType.sqf

fn_fetchCfg.sqf

fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf

fn_fetchPlayerGear.sqf

and

filter.sqf

Should the last entry have a semicolon ";"? It is just a question. It might be just fine.

Thanks for your continuous support :)

hi there,

is it possible to add more save slots? i would have liked more than 10 slots

greets

Brandstifter

EDIT

ive found it :yay:

in VAS in config.sqf

that was easy

Edited by Brandstifter

hi guys , I tried to modify the PVP mode manhunt 4vs1 from armaholic adding the VAS instead of all those boxes.

we play as indipendent side and look like there is a problem that If I pick from VAS a uniform different from the Indipendet ones , the other players see me in underwear O___O from my point of view all its ok I see me with a wesuit or rangemaster or whatever but my team see me in underwear

I modified the mission and I' am the one hosting too

do they need to have the VAS too ?

here the file of my mission ready for the editor , if someone can take a look would be a great favour :)

link : http://www.mediafire.com/?3se338wj3lq7002

Unless it's scripted otherwise, you cannot wear the uniform of another faction. In other words, BLUE can only wear BLUE uniforms, GREEN can only wear GREEN uniforms, and RED can only wear RED uniforms.

Unless it's scripted otherwise, you cannot wear the uniform of another faction. In other words, BLUE can only wear BLUE uniforms, GREEN can only wear GREEN uniforms, and RED can only wear RED uniforms.

ah I understand , so from my PC I see all ok but then the uniform maybe go in conflict because not corresponding to my side and they see me in undie

well , do you know a way to fix this and make me able to wear whatever VAS uniform I want without problems ?

or is VAS meant to be used by blufor only ?

ah I understand , so from my PC I see all ok but then the uniform maybe go in conflict because not corresponding to my side and they see me in undie

well , do you know a way to fix this and make me able to wear whatever VAS uniform I want without problems ?

or is VAS meant to be used by blufor only ?

The unit you place down has to be the same side as the side of the uniform. i.e. if I play as opfor I can use any of the opfor uniforms.

Vests and helmets aren't restricted in the same way, from what I recall.

All of those issues aren't even related to VAS though, those are engine problems that the development team needs to address. Seems like they fix these issues and then they add a few more types of uniforms they all break again.

Technically the statement about uniforms having to be 'scripted in' to make them sync is false. What is VAS? A script so clearly it's just an issue with the item syncing across the network for other players.

i get "vas hasn't finished loading yet" on every server i join. i have to change my role about 5 times just for it to work.

Any idea's on a possible fix? is there anything i can do

oh too bad :( ok so I'll have to wait a fix by the Devs or some kind of script which allow all uniforms for all sides

however the VAS is great and works fine , keep up the good work !

EDIT :

what if I put Civilians ? are they able to wear other side uniforms too ?

OK i fixed it. all i did was right click on my arma 3 profiles foldier and removed the "read only" blue square and bam it works now ! notta problem

OK i fixed it. all i did was right click on my arma 3 profiles foldier and removed the "read only" blue square and bam it works now ! notta problem

That doesn't have anything to do with VAS. Likely what you're running into is servers running outdated versions of VAS. If they're not running v1.4 for Beta 0.72+ you're going to have all sorts of problems. I've never understood people who own servers not keeping up with these things... Local hosts with a lot of clients can take awhile sometimes I've noticed, but nothing more than a minute usually.

I saw something strange happen with VAS tonight while testing a mission. I have made it so there is a custom selection of weapons and magazines in the box by editing the config file, but somebody I was playing with somehow got the M320 LRR sniper rifle out of it even though it's not one of the weapons I selected. After playing it I checked the config file and the menu in game again and it was not there. Have you heard of this happening or have any idea why?

I saw something strange happen with VAS tonight while testing a mission. I have made it so there is a custom selection of weapons and magazines in the box by editing the config file, but somebody I was playing with somehow got the M320 LRR sniper rifle out of it even though it's not one of the weapons I selected. After playing it I checked the config file and the menu in game again and it was not there. Have you heard of this happening or have any idea why?

Restricting stuff in the config file only prevents you from seeing it in the VAS selection. If a player already has a saved profile with a 'restricted' item, they can load it and have the weapons and stuff that you don't want them to have. I believe that you can set the VAS to not allow any saved profiles on the server except for what is created during the session, but I couldn't tell you how to turn it on because I've never used it.

Is there a way you could do something like copy to clipboard?

I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff...but how the hell do i use this? :confused: I've used the VAS on a lot of different servers, and absolutely loved it, saved everything...just didn't save my weapons attachments that i had in a backpack. I'm pretty new to the whole mission editing stuff, and I'm enjoying learning about this stuff. Did my own scripting yesterday! (scary for me!!!) So, if you could just lay it out for me in the most dumbed down terms, that would be peachy. Like I said, I know nothing about scripting or any of that stuff......I just want to play my game, MY way XD thanks!