tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

this allowdamage false;  

in the ammobox init

I promise I have not modified VAS at all.

I'll keep working on this and see what I can come up with. Maybe I can find out why it's doing this, at least, if I can't find the solution itself.

I have an idea to debug it on my end, could you send me your .vars file where that saved slot is that is causing the issue?

I was going through the feedback tracker and this may be a issue with just the engine as I think it is, which branch of the BETA are you running?

Ok so I had all this working fine on my mission. Once I try and play it in multiplayer it does not work. Any suggestions guys? I tried converting it to a PBO file using PBOviewer and moving it into my mpmissions folder and still does not work. I cant find anything that tells me what I am doing wrong. So if anyone has a fix to this problem please share :)

Edited by KDK11

Is it possible to move it around my screen as the magazine box that pops up when clicking on a weapon sits just of the screen?

I have an idea to debug it on my end, could you send me your .vars file where that saved slot is that is causing the issue?

I was going through the feedback tracker and this may be a issue with just the engine as I think it is, which branch of the BETA are you running?

My vars.Arma3Profile. I know for a fact that Slot 1 gives me issues. Others do, too, but I don't remember which ones.

I'm running the DEV build.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Additional information

My vars.Arma3Profile. I know for a fact that Slot 1 gives me issues. Others do, too, but I don't remember which ones.

I'm running the DEV build.

Figured it out, I knew there was a reason why I used waitUntil on fn_loadGear.sqf but I decided to listen to Naong's suggestion which turned out to be the problem.

To fix the issue edit the file: fn_loadGear.sqf

Find:

{[_x,true,nil,nil,nil] call VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach _items;
{[_x,true,nil,nil,true] call VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_uitems);
{[_x,true,nil,nil,true] call VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_vitems);
{[_x,true,true,nil,nil] call VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_bitems);
{[_x,true,nil,true,nil] call VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_primitems);
{[_x,true,nil,true,nil] call VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_secitems);
{[_x,true,nil,true,nil] call VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_handgunitems);  

Replace with

{_handle = [_x,true,nil,nil,nil] spawn VAS_fnc_handleItem; waitUntil {scriptDone _handle};} foreach _items;
{_handle = [_x,true,nil,nil,true] spawn VAS_fnc_handleItem; waitUntil {scriptDone _handle};} foreach (_uitems);
{_handle = [_x,true,nil,nil,true] spawn VAS_fnc_handleItem; waitUntil {scriptDone _handle};} foreach (_vitems);
{_handle = [_x,true,true,nil,nil] spawn VAS_fnc_handleItem; waitUntil {scriptDone _handle};} foreach (_bitems);
{[_x,true,nil,true,nil] spawn VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_primitems);
{[_x,true,nil,true,nil] spawn VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_secitems);
{[_x,true,nil,true,nil] spawn VAS_fnc_handleItem;} foreach (_handgunitems);

Will fix the issues that is happening with the loading of loadouts and missing contents, that code change is pretty much a revert of 1.3 fn_loadGear.sqf to 1.2

lol

That is definitely not an issue I would have ever figured out. Thank you much!

Edit: Tested thoroughly. Works brilliantly! Thanks again.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Update

Hi, Tonic. I have a strange problem with VAS. When I try to open VAS menu I always get message: "VAS hasn't finished loading yet". Even after a long time from mission start (actually, nothing changes during whole mission). I found that it caused by WaitUntil command in fn_MainInit.sqf:

But what is most strange: VAS works fine for other players on server. In my mission I removed WaitUntil commands and add simple sleep 5; After those changes all works fine even for me. What can cause this problem?

I get this too when I play sometimes. If I change classes it fixes it sometimes and sometimes it never works. I don't know how to fix it and everyone I talk to says that they don't have the problem. It must be something we are using that is not working with the script since we are just about the only 2 people in the world getting this problem... so if someone knows something PLEASE HELP because I am tearing my hair out here and nobody else knows what is going on. MOD AUTHOR PLEASE FIX THIS SOON.

"VAS HASN'T FINISHED LOADING YET"

Also I am not a mod author or anything, I am just playing domination style coop games that use your mod. And it's extremely annoying to be the ONLY PERSON in the ENTIRE SERVER with this problem. I tried reinstalling my game even and it did nothing. Please tell me what to do.

Edited by magnum482

I'm having issues with saving and loading of custom slots. I got 10 FAKs (First Aid Kit) and 1 Medikit in my backpack a I save that slot. After loading up that slot again I get 20 FAKs and 2 Medikits. It doesn't matter if I clear my whole character of gear first or not. Only the medical supplies get duped. Also had 2 satchels in my backpack and after loading it back up there were still 2 satchels.

Edit: Also the "remove all" button doesn't work for me.

Edited by Sethenor

I'm having issues with saving and loading of custom slots. I got 10 FAKs (First Aid Kit) and 1 Medikit in my backpack a I save that slot. After loading up that slot again I get 20 FAKs and 2 Medikits. It doesn't matter if I clear my whole character of gear first or not. Only the medical supplies get duped. Also had 2 satchels in my backpack and after loading it back up there were still 2 satchels.

Edit: Also the "remove all" button doesn't work for me.

I had this issue, too, until I stopped using the Backpack intended for Medics. It comes pre-loaded with those items, so every time you load that slot it gives you want you added PLUS what the backpack has assigned. For example; the BLUFOR Combat Lifesaver has an Assault Pack (Green) that is pre-loaded with 1 Medkit and 10 IFAK's, but there's another Assault Pack (Green) that isn't pre-loaded with anything.

In my experience, the Remove All button doesn't work for individual items all the time (if at all), but it will work for a stack of items like magazines or frags.

System is very easy to use, to add this to your mission copy the gear folder from the scripts folder to your mission folder, edit description.ext and put:

When I download your VAS system I dont have a gear folder in the script folder?

Hey tonic,

thank you for this, I have one question though.

I was wondering, the saved loadouts must be saved somewhere on the disk, but I can't seem to find where.

I will find it very useful if I could construct a custom loadout using the Virtual Ammo Box

and then be able to take the code of that load out and place it directly on a soldier in the editor.

That would be a great feature for someone like me who is not very good in scripting loadouts for mission making.

Thank you again

and keep up the great work :)

I had this issue, too, until I stopped using the Backpack intended for Medics. It comes pre-loaded with those items, so every time you load that slot it gives you want you added PLUS what the backpack has assigned. For example; the BLUFOR Combat Lifesaver has an Assault Pack (Green) that is pre-loaded with 1 Medkit and 10 IFAK's, but there's another Assault Pack (Green) that isn't pre-loaded with anything.

In my experience, the Remove All button doesn't work for individual items all the time (if at all), but it will work for a stack of items like magazines or frags.

Ah, thanks for that info. That explains the problem I'm having with it.

As for the Remove All button. So it works for stacked items but not to clear your whole inventory at once (like I thought it would)?

I get this too when I play sometimes. If I change classes it fixes it sometimes and sometimes it never works. I don't know how to fix it and everyone I talk to says that they don't have the problem. It must be something we are using that is not working with the script since we are just about the only 2 people in the world getting this problem... so if someone knows something PLEASE HELP because I am tearing my hair out here and nobody else knows what is going on. MOD AUTHOR PLEASE FIX THIS SOON.

"VAS HASN'T FINISHED LOADING YET"

Also I am not a mod author or anything, I am just playing domination style coop games that use your mod. And it's extremely annoying to be the ONLY PERSON in the ENTIRE SERVER with this problem. I tried reinstalling my game even and it did nothing. Please tell me what to do.

I honestly don't know what is causing it, the only thing that I can think of is game issues but that would be stupid of me to say, it's kind of hard to debug stuff that I myself can't reproduce.

I could try to create fail safes but other then that I am clueless -_-

Hey tonic,

thank you for this, I have one question though.

I was wondering, the saved loadouts must be saved somewhere on the disk, but I can't seem to find where.

I will find it very useful if I could construct a custom loadout using the Virtual Ammo Box

and then be able to take the code of that load out and place it directly on a soldier in the editor.

That would be a great feature for someone like me who is not very good in scripting loadouts for mission making.

Thank you again

and keep up the great work :)

They save to the profileNamespace and profileNamespace saves to: *.vars.Arma3Profile or something similar depending on your profile setup (if you use default or custom) and that file is located either in Documents\Arma 3 or Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Profilename

The format that I use to save stuff in the way VAS saves/loads is located in fn_saveGear.sqf or fn_loadGear.sqf

Ah, thanks for that info. That explains the problem I'm having with it.

As for the Remove All button. So it works for stacked items but not to clear your whole inventory at once (like I thought it would)?

Remove all is only to remove stack of items/magazines not the entire thing.

Completely clearing a character isn't that long of a process to do just remove weapons then uniform/vest/backpack and your charater is pretty much 'naked'.

System is very easy to use, to add this to your mission copy the gear folder from the scripts folder to your mission folder, edit description.ext and put:

When I download your VAS system I dont have a gear folder in the script folder?

The folder is called "VAS" and it will have everything it needs inside of it except a description.ext, but it doesn't go in there anyway.

The folder is called "VAS" and it will have everything it needs inside of it except a description.ext, but it doesn't go in there anyway.

so where does it go? I copied that from my last post from the readme!

so where does it go? I copied that from my last post from the readme!

It's just that folder now called VAS instead of gear - everything else is correct. description.ext goes into your mission folder. So you have an archive in which there is a folder called VAS. In this VAS folder you have scripts folder. And in this scripts folder you have another VAS folder - this second VAS folder you have to put into your mission folder along with descripton.ext.

Edited by MAXZY

It says your file has been deleted or moved, KDK11. I'll take a look at it if your problem hasn't already been solved.

Since the Beta went live I can't use VAB and Urban Patrol Script on the same mission.

"...,"_p","_out"] 
_in=_this select 0; 
_flg=|#|toupper(_this select 1); 
fl=[_flg] call...; 
Error toupper: Type Number, expected String 
File: C:\...\VAS\KRON_strings.sqf, line 306

It shows the above error when the mission starts. VAB works fine as far as I can tell, but UPS doesn't. Anyone have any ideas abnout what the problem is?

It says your file has been deleted or moved, KDK11. I'll take a look at it if your problem hasn't already been solved.

I deleted VAS from my mission. But I will be making missions using this eventually. I thank you for your willingness to help me. So maybe in future when I need help you may have helped someone else with it :)

Since the Beta went live I can't use VAB and Urban Patrol Script on the same mission.

"...,"_p","_out"] 
_in=_this select 0; 
_flg=|#|toupper(_this select 1); 
fl=[_flg] call...; 
Error toupper: Type Number, expected String 
File: C:\...\VAS\KRON_strings.sqf, line 306

It shows the above error when the mission starts. VAB works fine as far as I can tell, but UPS doesn't. Anyone have any ideas abnout what the problem is?

the problem is that UPS and VAS both use KRON_getArg as a variable and the one from VAS overwrites the one in UPS so just open up UPS.sqf and replace KRON_getArg with KRON_getArg2 or something

Can i limit it to the faction that own the ammocrate ?

Example: i place a BLUEFOR ammocrate, it will only contain stuff belonging to Blue ?

Or limit it to contain the stuff of the players faction ?

example: i place a BLUEFOR ammocrate, but if a OPFOR player opens it, seeing only OPFOR stuff ?

Any reply will be much appreciated :)

I'd be really interested to know if anyone had a solution to this one as well