tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Hopefully that explains it mate, but please do keep posting if any more errors pop up :)

Hi, Tonic. I have a strange problem with VAS. When I try to open VAS menu I always get message: "VAS hasn't finished loading yet". Even after a long time from mission start (actually, nothing changes during whole mission). I found that it caused by WaitUntil command in fn_MainInit.sqf:

_handle = [] execVM "VAS\KRON_Strings.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone _handle};

But what is most strange: VAS works fine for other players on server. In my mission I removed WaitUntil commands and add simple sleep 5; After those changes all works fine even for me. What can cause this problem?

Edited by DAP

is there an easy way to make it a class base ammo box?

What i mean is only AT can see AT rockets, Machine Gunners can only see Machine Guns

I have a question :)

When you save your loadout, where does it save it? A local file? if so where exactly?

We wanna be able to make x specific loadouts and distribute it to our members, but we dunno where its saved from the VAS exactly.

I have a question :)

When you save your loadout, where does it save it? A local file? if so where exactly?

We wanna be able to make x specific loadouts and distribute it to our members, but we dunno where its saved from the VAS exactly.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/profileNamespace

The variables are stored next to the user profile in a file named myUsername.vars.TakeOnHProfile (e.g. in the My Documents\Take On Helicopters folder).

Can i limit it to the faction that own the ammocrate ?

Example: i place a BLUEFOR ammocrate, it will only contain stuff belonging to Blue ?

Or limit it to contain the stuff of the players faction ?

example: i place a BLUEFOR ammocrate, but if a OPFOR player opens it, seeing only OPFOR stuff ?

Any reply will be much appreciated :)

Edited by kamaradski

Hi I have made a mission and tried to add your VAS system. However when I go to the box and click the option I recieve "Script VAS\open.sqf not found

" I copied all the descriptions and scripts from the test map to mine to see if it would work like that but it still wont. Any help would be great.

Hi I have made a mission and tried to add your VAS system. However when I go to the box and click the option I recieve "Script VAS\open.sqf not found

" I copied all the descriptions and scripts from the test map to mine to see if it would work like that but it still wont. Any help would be great.

Did you make sure that you copied everything from the description.ext?

So after I click on the items tab I get this error message:

Picture\a3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_v\tacve

stir_blk_ca.paa not found

with the only option on the dialog box as "Close" clicking close only closes the error message, the box is still open and usable; other than that the box seems to work just fine.

Thanks for any advice.

Did you make sure that you copied everything from the description.ext?

Thanks mate. Seems I was saving them in the wrong place. Need to stop skipping through descriptions when reading. Thanks.

Edited by KDK11

Tonic,

Thanks for updating VAS to run with the Beta. It's working fine here. I also noticed with Sniper loadouts that the Range Finder now is present and saves correctly. This was an issue for me in the previous version. Well done and thanks again for all your work!

Norris

Would it be possible to add this to a moving helicopter so that when units are on way to drop off point they could pick what gear etc they want in the heli?

Would it be possible to add this to a moving helicopter so that when units are on way to drop off point they could pick what gear etc they want in the heli?

You can attach it to anything.

I don't think you can attach it to the helicopter it's self and have other people able to access it while they're in it but what you could do is for each player:

player addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>","VAS\open.sqf","",0,false,false,"",' player in (crew helicopter) '];

Helicopter would be replaced with the name of the helicopter you have them loaded in.

I don't think you can attach it to the helicopter it's self and have other people able to access it while they're in it but what you could do is for each player:

player addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>","VAS\open.sqf","",0,false,false,"",' player in (crew helicopter) '];

Helicopter would be replaced with the name of the helicopter you have them loaded in.

Wow thanks mate it worked! Hats off to you, that just made my mission a lot better :)

You should be able to attach it to the helicopter itself for use from inside of it, I remember doing so for some mission or another with an older version.

You should be able to attach it to the helicopter itself for use from inside of it, I remember doing so for some mission or another with an older version.

It worked the way Tonic said too. I can access the box whilst sitting in the chopper. Once the chopper leaves I can't use it anymore. So I think that script binds it to the heli through the unit you put it in, by naming it the same as the heli's name. Or something like that lol I am new to this so that probably does not make sense

I recently began having the issue posted by TheWizard97 (post #297 of this thread). Newly created loadouts do not load with map, compass, gps, watch, radio, nvg's, and a variety of other things such as magazines and suppressors that were intentionally moved to either uniform, vest, or backpack. The SAVE and LOAD previews show all items accounted for, but actually loading the loadout gives me a random number of mags and no MISC equipment except a Medkit.

Does this make sense as far as description goes? I could try to re-word it if necessary.

I recently began having the issue posted by TheWizard97 (post #297 of this thread). Newly created loadouts do not load with map, compass, gps, watch, radio, nvg's, and a variety of other things such as magazines and suppressors that were intentionally moved to either uniform, vest, or backpack. The SAVE and LOAD previews show all items accounted for, but actually loading the loadout gives me a random number of mags and no MISC equipment except a Medkit.

Does this make sense as far as description goes? I could try to re-word it if necessary.

I've tried every possible load out saving layouts possible and everything i've ever saved with loads fine so I honestly don't know why people are having issues, the only thing that I can say that is causing issues is using modified versions of VAS because the build that I pushed I simply just can't reproduce these problems.

I promise I have not modified VAS at all.

I'll keep working on this and see what I can come up with. Maybe I can find out why it's doing this, at least, if I can't find the solution itself.

So I've set up a box and when I go to open it in game I get "script VAS/open.sqf not found" what am I doing wrong

So I've set up a box and when I go to open it in game I get "script VAS/open.sqf not found" what am I doing wrong

Did you call the information in your Description.ext and place the folder in the correct spot? I know, silly questions, but start at the basics and work your way to complicated.

Probably saving it in the wrong location mate. That's what I was doing wrong earlier on. Moved it to right location and it now works

Hi,

Awesome script !! is there anyway to make it immune from damage or respawn back if destroyed ? I don't want some kiddie blowing up the box and effectively messing the mission up for others.

Thanks

Edited by Furyk