tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Beerkan, how did you run a search and replace on all files in your directory? That bit of knowledge would really cut down on trying to find each and every instance.

Beerkan, how did you run a search and replace on all files in your directory? That bit of knowledge would really cut down on trying to find each and every instance.

I would like to know that as well please :)

If you use Notepad++ you can use the function 'Find in files' and do it that way.

Open Notepad ++ Then Search then Find in Files. Add your code to search for eg: removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon add your replace code eg: removePrimaryWeaponItem point the directory to your mpmissions folder where your template is and replace all in files. It even auto saves for you :)

Sorry folks, missed these questions entirely. Yep I used Notepad++ feature, Find in files, and used Find What "removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon" and Replace with "removePrimaryWeaponItem" (EXCLUDING "" quotes).

Then clicked on the [...] Icon marked in red See below.

Find.jpg

Then browsed to

C:\Users\YourPCName\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\YourGamerName\MPMissions\

If you don't have

\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\

use

C:\Users\YourPCName\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\YourGamerName\MPMissions\

And chose replace in files. (But BE CAREFUL, there' no UNDO to this.)

See this

Find2.jpg

To download notepad ++ see here

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.3.3.html

And to install the AmrA3 plugin.

See ArmA-3-Notepad-Syntax-Highlighting

N.B. Sorry, didn't mean to kidnap thread. Any questions on Notepad++ should be addressed in the Notepad++ thread above.

Now.. back to VAS topic.

Edited by Beerkan

I don't know if the script maker is aware of this, but these are some new script commands and some renamed commands that will be comming into the beta, one of which might break the script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147365-ArmA-3-Notepad-Syntax-Highlighting&p=2417363&viewfull=1#post2417363

Otherwise, great script! Indespensible!

That is what has been discussed the last three pages, IE new scripting commands, that have broken VAS.. And the author already stated he is waiting until the beta to post an update to deal with that exact issue..

Further testing of the latest development build also showed more issues with the current system, these are not so much game breaking such as the command renaming but for those that are OCD about their saved loadouts it may annoy you. Previously the command assignedItems returned headgear & goggles, it now no longer returns those. Now you have to fetch those manually. Here are some file changes that I have applied from my testing. These are just file changes for people to apply them their selves, this will all be included with the next update of VAS when the beta is released.

fn_fetchPlayerGear.sqf

fn_saveGear.sqf

fn_handleItem.sqf <-- Nothing has changed in this other then what we've been discussing. This is just for people that don't know how to fix the issue in it.

These two file changes also make a difference in the way VAS reacts when adding a weapon/item/magazine/whatever and saving of a loadout. No more glitchyness of 'Oh switch to MX Rifle, ok i did but why is my pistol still out?' Note these files are only for the latest development build and are not intended for the stable build, i'm just posting these for people that like to keep VAS fully functioning in the development build. I try to keep VAS working for both stable & development and stable is the biggest priority so as I said don't expect a VAS update till the beta or next stable build (which won't be happening because the beta is literally a week away).

Downloading now. Thanks for the quick response, what did you change?

you had old VAS stuff in there and calling it the old way and removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon was renamed to: removePrimaryWeaponItem let me know when you finish downloading

Great, thanks. I'm really new to this and I'm trying to cobble stuff together by taking apart other missions and the wiki but it isn't all that clear at times.

With the Beta around the corner, could I ask you Tonic to kindly upgrade the commands that will be changed for the Beta (check DEV branch changelog) so we could try all the new stuff?

Thanks, Pero

With the Beta around the corner, could I ask you Tonic to kindly upgrade the commands that will be changed for the Beta (check DEV branch changelog) so we could try all the new stuff?

Thanks, Pero

+1, VAS does not work with beta. We have to wait. <- nvm, It works OK.

Edited by PawelKPL

Development build just updated to Beta, and it's working for me. Granted, I've made the corrections Tonic posted.

The development changelog also shows a new command for pistol items. Could this mean I may be able to save my X300 to my 1911 directly without having to attach it after every respawn? *fingers crossed*

hey,Is there a chance to increase the loadout slots to like 20? 10 isnt enough for me :(

hey,Is there a chance to increase the loadout slots to like 20? 10 isnt enough for me :(

Open config.sqf inside the VAS folder for your mission and change vas_customslots from 9 to 19.

Open config.sqf inside the VAS folder for your mission and change vas_customslots from 9 to 19.

Thanks,1 more question - where do the loadouts save? so i can backup them :)

Ive done the things Tonic says to change but when i run it, it gives me a message that says "VAS never initialized. Something went wrong?" This shows up as an alarm message.

where do the loadouts save? so i can backup them :)

I believe they are found within the folder for whichever profile was used to create the loadout. They're contained in a file called, "yourprofilename.vars.Arma3Profile"

Ive done the things Tonic says to change but when i run it, it gives me a message that says "VAS never initialized. Something went wrong?" This shows up as an alarm message.

Try again by updating a fresh install of the scripts. I can't imagine what would have gone wrong except something was misplaced or misspelled.

Can anyone confirm that this is working with the dev build? I have made all the changes described, but am still getting error.

'...s player) select2!= "") then

player |#|removePrimaryWeaponitem ((PrimaryWeaponitem...'

Error missing ;

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\VAS\functions\fn_handleItem.sqf , line254