tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

hey - VAS is a great tool :)

I'm new to the arma world, and got sucked into mission creating and scripting. The problem is, there are still some things that I don't quite get with syncing MP stuff. I was hoping you could help me.

In the mission I'm working on, you can call for ammo drops in the field. It's kind of generic, I spawn an MH9 far away, create a waypoint near the player who called it, a scripted waypoint to spawn the box and add the action for VAS to it, and a waypoint to fly away. It works great, except for the fact that the action only gets attached for the person who called the box.

I'm thinking I probably could have used the recently removed setvehicleinit stuff to propagate the added action to all players, but now that isn't an option. Is there a way to do this easily?

[edit]

I was able to achieve this by making a small function to add the action inside of init.sqf, then passing the netid of the ammobox to the function on the clients with BIS_fnc_MP - if anyone else is stuck doing something like this let me know and I'll be glad to help!

Edited by k0rd

a request if you don't mine.

can we have a menu that is as big as the default? its really tiny, and i really like looking at the picture rather then having to read small letters.

"vas_gear" Change is a good thing. Now I have a "clean" profile for each mission. The problem is that you still in the next round which can load "enemy" weapons profile. and that is not good.

Would not it be a possibility that "vas_gear ....." To create a random variable? Then I should start each mission have a "clean" profile for both sides. And in the mission might be saved.

Perhaps the ability to disable this in the config.

greetings Thunder

p.s. or the possibility to save an "empty" profile when mission end or someone changes sides

Or if you wanted to isolate stuff to your mission the only other well as far as sessions go is missionNamespace rather then profileNamespace but once they leave and come back it's gone.

Still finishing the final touches for the release of 1.0

sounds great, when is the 1.0 ? :)

Edited by [J4F] Thunder666
new Idea :)

Thunder666;2390022']Would not it be a possibility that "vas_gear ....." To create a random variable? Then I should start each mission have a "clean" profile for both sides.

p.s. or the possibility to save an "empty" profile when mission end or someone changes sides

For the end of mission you could script in a vas_gear clearing one either win or lose.

If they change sides you could put in an onplayerdisconnected check and clear their saved loadouts then. -assuming they need to dc to change sides, i am not sure how far back you need to go to get the disconnected message.

not tested but in theory should work.

HI,

I know i can set

vas_disableLoadSave = true

to stop Loading load-outs , but is there any way to just do that on 1 crate as I have a COOP with 3 playable OPFOR and i need to just stop it of the OPFOR crate , but allow it for Blufor

Thanks

OK resolved this in the end if anyone is interested no need to create 2 separate VAS folders

switch (playerSide) do
{
   case west:
   {
vas_disableLoadSave = false; 
   };

case east:
   {
vas_disableLoadSave = true;     
 };
};

Hi,

I will have the new release ready hopefully sometime today, the new version will include a complete rewrite to make things much cleaner and what not, as any good system released I suppose the first handful of versions are just testing phases and the final few are always the cleaned up versions. It has taken a bit of time to get this done because I have been in the hospital but I am feeling better and hope to get the new version out by today.

The new version will contain:

-Cleaned up back end

- Fixed all initial bugs with saving/loading of load outs

- Ability to switch VAS load/save function from profileNamespace to missionNamespace to prevent people loading gear not allowed (somewhat).

- Ability to double click on a magazine from the gun info window to easily add magazines without going through the giant magazine list

- Filter ability on items to filter Uniforms/vests/goggles/attachments/misc items

- Filter ability on weapons to filter Rifles/Scoped Weapons/Heavy Weapons/Launchers (for those using AiA and a small prep for final release of A3).

I can't really solve the main issues / requests people are wanting such as limiting it to boxes and what not because that will only complicate the system more and that is why I leave it to the mission makers to utilize their knowledge to modify it to their needs and leave the default/less complicated route to people just wanting to throw it in there and use it.

Well, from the bits and bobs of fiddling I could get done today here is a general idea of how the filter will work.. I thought about just making them buttons but that's excessive clutter on the UI and in the code.. Sure would be nice if you could change the text of current buttons...

progress1m.jpg

Well, from the bits and bobs of fiddling I could get done today here is a general idea of how the filter will work.. I thought about just making them buttons but that's excessive clutter on the UI and in the code.. Sure would be nice if you could change the text of current buttons...

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6449/progress1m.jpg

Keep up the good work, this is must have, makes life so much easier an less time spent farting around on ammo boxes. BI should implimant this in final 8)-

the filters look fine, not a deal breaker having so much info on there, but the biggest gain is the ability to add ammo from the magazines window. Nice addition IMHO

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6449/progress1m.jpg

You can, using ctrlSetText.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Command_Group:_GUI_Control

CtrlSetText doesn't work on Buttons.

I think i'll stick with what I have now though as buttons would add to the clutter. Eventually when I figure something out I may just end up having the interface exactly like the default Inventory menu.

Edited by Tonic-_-

CtrlSetText doesn't work on Buttons.

I think i'll stick with what I have now though as buttons would add to the clutter. Eventually when I figure something out I may just end up having the interface exactly like the default Inventory menu.

Hm...odd, it works just fine when I mess around with my own UI things.

I looked into it and it seems that it works differently for buttons of type 16:

((findDisplay IDD) displayCtrl IDC) ctrlSetText "Text";

In case you wanted to use it for something else.

By the way, would it be possible to add a confirmation text to deleting one's loadout?

By the way, would it be possible to add a confirmation text to deleting one's loadout?

By that you mean throwing a final prompt asking if you really want to delete it? If so then yes I could.

Right now I am still rewriting the system but I tend to make it where you get a prompt for adding specific items such as the attachments for weapons asking if you want to add them to you or add to your inventory. Obviously if you were to click add to you it would remove the previous item i.e Vest, uniform, headgear and possibly gun (but only if you have a backpack because there isn't specific commands to add specifically to your vest).

By that you mean throwing a final prompt asking if you really want to delete it? If so then yes I could.

Yes, and thank you.

One more request: Would it be possible to make the entire frame movable? Would help to be able to check behind it every so often without having to close it.

Edited by Kaelies

Just wanted to say thank you for VAS, your work is much appreciated!

Hi Everyone!

It seems i got problem to set up correctly the VAS system, after i've copied the folder "gear" in my mission folder i put on the floor an AMMO crate in the editor, then i paste the following command in the init:

"this addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "gear\open.sqf];"

Then this one in the description:

#include "gear\common.hpp"

#include "gear\menu.hpp"

So i click on preview to check if everything it's ok... Yeee yeee it will work! :cool:

:butbut: NEVER... :butbut:

I always got this error when i click on "Virtual Ammobox System" while aiming at the Ammo crate -> "Resource VAS_Diag not found"

Can you help me set this things up? Thank you and sorry for my bad english! :j:

hi,

what do you think when will be the next release available(only a Question) ? Cant wait for it :) and the Boyz crying 2.. when we can save again when we can save again...".

greetings

Hi Tonic and thank you for you great work !

All of my team use your scripts and like it so much !

But for my personally work (Im the editor for my team), i'm stuck because there is no option to "remove weapon" in "config.sqf" file.

There are just for ammunition, objects, and backpack ... :(

In our mission, I want to remove all enemy weapons, objects (helm, etc...), backpack.

Your version :

//Below are variables you can use to restrict certain items from being used.
//Magazines to remove from VAS
vas_r_magazines = [];
//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = [];
//Goggles to remove from VAS
vas_r_goggles = [];

A friend in my team, help me and create that for you :

config.sqf file

launch_RPG32_F is for exemple :)

//Weapons to remove from VAS ed. [RFF] Ozi
vas_r_weapons = ["launch_RPG32_F"];

vas_r_magazines = [];
vas_r_items = [];
vas_r_goggles = [];

and in "fonction.sqf" :

line 537

Your :

if(!_match && _str != "ACRE") then

Modified by [RFF] Ozi

line 537

if(!(_classname in  vas_r_weapons) && !_match && _str != "ACRE") then

Hoping that this can help you to add it to a future update :)

[RFF] MkL

[RFF] Ozi

Edited by Mk-L

i have seen this in action in the domination mission and its a nice piece of work! :)

Thunder666;2394886']hi' date='

what do you think when will be the next release available(only a Question) ? Cant wait for it :) and the Boyz crying 2.. when we can save again when we can save again...".

greetings[/quote']

I'm actually waiting for the next stable build as it has a command I am interested in for cosmetic purposes and some other things.

Hi Tonic and thank you for you great work !

All of my team use your scripts and like it so much !

But for my personally work (Im the editor for my team), i'm stuck because there is no option to "remove weapon" in "config.sqf" file.

There are just for ammunition, objects, and backpack ... :(

In our mission, I want to remove all enemy weapons, objects (helm, etc...), backpack.

Your version :

vas_r_magazines = [];
vas_r_items = [];
vas_r_goggles = [];

A friend in my team, help me and create that for you :

config.sqf file

launch_RPG32_F is for exemple :)

//Weapons to remove from VAS ed. [RFF] Ozi
vas_r_weapons = ["launch_RPG32_F"];

vas_r_magazines = [];
vas_r_items = [];
vas_r_goggles = [];

and in "fonction.sqf" :

line 537

Your :

if(!_match && _str != "ACRE") then

Modified by [RFF] Ozi

line 537

if(!(_classname in  vas_r_weapons) && !_match && _str != "ACRE") then

Hoping that this can help you to add it to a future update :)

[RFF] MkL

[RFF] Ozi

I tried that originally, but to get rid of just an entire weapon class i.e MXM you have to have every classname in it. In the next version I actually got around to finding a solution to block specific guns along side specific weapon classes like MX GL, etc.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Update: v1.0

Notes:

VAS's backend has completely changed, VAS 1.0 marks the future progress of VAS, all previous change logs are considered legacy and obsolete. This version was aimed to fix all issues with the previous versions and introduce a few new

features and also prepare it for the BETA / Final version of ARMA 3. I want to thank everyone for their feedback! The functions: VAS_fnc_handleItem and VAS_fnc_fetchCfgDetails are encouraged to be used outside of VAS, I found them to be quite

handy in just VAS and will prove to be handy outside of VAS! As I said v1.0 is completely recoded so all previous bugs were fixed to my knowledge but new or old existing bugs could still be within the system, please report them!

Known Issue(s):

Wasn't tested but can guess the effect, if a weapon i.e Pistol is stored inside a uniform or vest when saved upon loading that save it could overwrite the Weapon of that type on you, so be sure not to store weapons on you outside the backpack, this can't be fixed till BIS introduces the ability to store weapons/items specifically in a uniform/vest through scripting commands.

Change Log:

Changed: Recoded the entire backend

Fixed: When saving a loadout with a weapon in the backpack, it wouldn't be loaded.

Fixed: When saving a loadout with a gun that had a GL it would load in with a missing magazine.

Added: Confirmation to deleting a saved loadout.

Added: When selecting a loadout through the save menu the saved loadouts name is now loaded in the text field.

Added: When selecting a weapon you can now double click on the magazine on the left information window to quickly add the magazine.

Added: Filter functionality to Weapons / Items

Download:

Armafiles.info - VAS v1.0

Edited by Tonic-_-

Update: v1.0

Notes:

VAS's backend has completely changed, VAS 1.0 marks the future progress of VAS, all previous change logs are considered legacy and obsolete. This version was aimed to fix all issues with the previous versions and introduce a few new

features and also prepare it for the BETA / Final version of ARMA 3. I want to thank everyone for their feedback! The functions: VAS_fnc_handleItem and VAS_fnc_fetchCfgDetails are encouraged to be used outside of VAS, I found them to be quite

handy in just VAS and will prove to be handy outside of VAS! As I said v1.0 is completely recoded so all previous bugs were fixed to my knowledge but new or old existing bugs could still be within the system, please report them!

Known Issue(s):

Wasn't tested but can guess the effect, if a weapon i.e Pistol is stored inside a uniform or vest when saved upon loading that save it could overwrite the Weapon of that type on you, so be sure not to store weapons on you outside the backpack, this can't be fixed till BIS introduces the ability to store weapons/items specifically in a uniform/vest through scripting commands.

Change Log:

Changed: Recoded the entire backend

Fixed: When saving a loadout with a weapon in the backpack, it wouldn't be loaded.

Fixed: When saving a loadout with a gun that had a GL it would load in with a missing magazine.

Added: Confirmation to deleting a saved loadout.

Added: When selecting a loadout through the save menu the saved loadouts name is now loaded in the text field.

Added: When selecting a weapon you can now double click on the magazine on the left information window to quickly add the magazine.

Added: Filter functionality to Weapons / Items

Download:

Armafiles.info - VAS v1.0

Link doesn't work for me Tonic.