tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

I suggest this would be worth a look. Its just a text file with the ext extension.

I really suggest you do some reading on the basics of scripting as this kind of setup is reasonably basic. Some of the other ones can get pretty involved for the beginner.

there is a heap of info here

I would suggest googling for MR Murrays Editing guide as it is very helpful and explains a lot of the basic editing stuff.

How does one open and write in an .ext file?

A standard text editor (Notepad++ is quite good).

A standard text editor (Notepad++ is quite good).

Thanks man that thing is nice.

As for the other response and the links to the wiki...I really did not find anything pertinent in the wiki page, but thanks for the info nonetheless.

Great addon mate :)

Got one problem though.

No matter what i do the radio wont load into a saved loadout.

I can pull it just fine from the box, and use it, but when i save the loadout and load it up, an error pops up and i dont get the radio.

Am i doing something wrong or does it have issues?

Great addon mate :)

Got one problem though.

No matter what i do the radio wont load into a saved loadout.

I can pull it just fine from the box, and use it, but when i save the loadout and load it up, an error pops up and i dont get the radio.

Am i doing something wrong or does it have issues?

I don't understand, the regular ItemRadio saves and loads just fine, if you are using ACRE I have added support to remove ACRE from VAS for various reasons and reasons which I can't be bothered to make support for given the complexity of ACRE.

I don't understand, the regular ItemRadio saves and loads just fine, if you are using ACRE I have added support to remove ACRE from VAS for various reasons and reasons which I can't be bothered to make support for given the complexity of ACRE.

Ok, ive tryed it with the 343 radio, is that ACRE specific or? Im not sure mate.

So I have changed the description in the mission folder or even added one when none was present. Now it seems to kill my mission before it opens. Any youtube videos out there? I know I am missing a basic step.

try this in the description.ext

respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 10;

#include "gear\common.hpp"
#include "gear\menu.hpp"

that might fix the issues.

Hell yes! Thanks everyone! VAS system in effect and working and it rocks!

Tonic I know I bugged you in the past about limiting items per side.(So blufor can't use opfor items and vice versa)

Just wondering if there are still plans for that.

//Also. I noticed the instructions to restrict certain items is gone from the first post.

Never mind. I poked around for the last part.

Just want to update.

After some testing, I have figured out how to limit specific gear,items etc to the players side/faction

In the Config.sqf, you want to section the code by a condition pertaining to the players side

if (playerside == west) then
{

//If the arrays below are empty (as they are now) all weapons, magazines, items, backpacks and goggles will be available
//Want to limit VAS to specific weapons? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_weapons = ["hgun_Rook40_snds_F","hgun_Rook40_F","arifle_SDAR_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_ACO_point_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_ACO_point_mzls_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_ACOg_point_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_ACOg_point_mzls_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_F","LMG_Mk200_F","arifle_Khaybar_ACO_point_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_ACO_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_ACO_flash_mzls_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_ACO_point_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_ACOg_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_ACOg_flash_mzls_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_ACOg_point_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_Holo_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_Holo_mzls_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_Holo_point_F","arifle_Khaybar_C_Nstalker_point_mzls_F","arifle_Khaybar_F","arifle_Khaybar_GL_ACO_point_F","arifle_Khaybar_GL_ACO_point_mzls_F","arifle_Khaybar_GL_ACOg_point_F","arifle_Khaybar_GL_ACOg_point_mzls_F","arifle_Khaybar_GL_F","arifle_Khaybar_Holo_mzls_F"];
//Want to limit VAS to specific magazines? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_magazines = ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer","20Rnd_556x45_UW_mag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","200Rnd_65x39_cased_Box","200Rnd_65x39_cased_Box_Tracer"];
//Want to limit VAS to specific items? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_items = ["H_HelmetO_ocamo","H_MilCap_ocamo","H_PilotHelmetHeli_O","U_OI_CombatUniform_ocamo","U_OI_PilotCoveralls","U_OI_Wetsuit"];
//Want to limit backpacks? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_backpacks = [];
//Want to limit goggles? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_goggles = [];

};

This will limit only said items to your side/faction to use. Just make sure you get every class-name of every item you want the specific side/faction to use.

Its a pain in the christmas-hams but its worth it if you are using VAS for a very specific mission/playstyle.

I am currently still testing and tweaking this on my sever so im not sure what errors this causes but when I last tested, it worked great.

I hope this helps all who are interested.

Edited by BloodxGusher

Hello Tonic-_-. I've got an issue when i load a saved Loadout without a Backpack in the Profile:

Bad vehicle type.

What can cause this? It must be in the "fnc_load_gear" part.

Hello Tonic-_-. I've got an issue when i load a saved Loadout without a Backpack in the Profile:

Bad vehicle type.

What can cause this? It must be in the "fnc_load_gear" part.

Yep I see the problem, Apparently the checks I originally had were removed, probably due to me being lazy but will have the issue fixed. In the mean time it should be a minor problem and just annoying once per mission.

This line works for me:

if (_backpack != "") then { player addBackPack _backpack; clearAllItemsFromBackpack player; };

replaced the line with: player addbackpack _backpack;

Hey,

First, great mod, really nice in MP missions to be able have a clean UI and save & load loadouts like this, with various roles. Congratulation.

I noticed a slight design flaw however in the latest version between the changes to the config.sqf (with the items limitations) and the Save/Load system. From what I could see, the Save/Load system works across all servers with VAS boxes and bypasses completely the restriction in place in the config.sqf.

As an example, I'm trying to only put some of the R3F weapons, but remove all scopes and what not from that addon. The problem is that anyone can just go on another server, save a loadout with whatever they want from the R3F weapons, and load it on mine. Also works as is with the ACRE radios btw, you can save them and load them even if they are not in VAS list.

I'll probably end up doing it myself with some variation of your new ACRE filter or just a vas_ variable check on the load, but just wanted to post a note here since, as mods will start to stack up, you'll probably be asked for options to turn off mods completely.

You could try to customize the load function and delete every Item you don't want on your server to be removed from the Soldier.

For example, put every weapon you don't want in an Array and look at the end of the function with a foreach if the soldier got one, and remove it. It's maybe not very elegant but it should work.

Having an Issue:

I followed the simple instructions and cannot get it working for me.

When I approach the Cargo Crate that I attached this to, it doesn't show the "Virtual Ammobox" text and when I hit space it gives me an error cannot find "open.sqf". I duplicated the folder file structure in the example that came with it and still nothing. I also cannot run the example.

FYI: I am using the Arma 3 dev build, is this the issue?

Having an Issue:

I followed the simple instructions and cannot get it working for me.

When I approach the Cargo Crate that I attached this to, it doesn't show the "Virtual Ammobox" text and when I hit space it gives me an error cannot find "open.sqf". I duplicated the folder file structure in the example that came with it and still nothing. I also cannot run the example.

FYI: I am using the Arma 3 dev build, is this the issue?

If it says it can't find open.sqf then you didn't put the files in the right location, this seems to be the most common issue. I am not one for teaching or telling people how to setup their missions for VAS and what not, hopefully soon I can get my friend Lucky44 to create a video on how to setup VAS in your mission. But it has nothing to do with thei DEV build. VAS will always work unless they remove a command that VAS uses (and i've tested on the DEV build so I know it works).

In the mean time, I have an update pending for VAS which will be quite nice but I am waiting till the release of the new stable build that will introduce compileFinal.

The update will fix most of the issues and introduce some new features.

Thanks for the response Tonic.

I am setting this up in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions"

A video would be greatly appreciated. I am one of those "special" kind of people that needs visuals.

Thanks for the response Tonic.

I am setting this up in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions"

A video would be greatly appreciated. I am one of those "special" kind of people that needs visuals.

Well I can tell you for sure that is the wrong location.

All missions are saved to Documents\Arma 3 Alpha or if you are using a different profile Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles

HI,

I know i can set

vas_disableLoadSave = true

to stop Loading load-outs , but is there any way to just do that on 1 crate as I have a COOP with 3 playable OPFOR and i need to just stop it of the OPFOR crate , but allow it for Blufor

Thanks

Thunder666;2387445']hi' date='

is there a Possibility to clear all saved Loadouts at Missions or Server start ?

thx in advance[/quote']

The loadouts are loaded and saved using "profileNameSpace getVariable" and "profileNameSpace getVariable". This allows for scripts to save things in each users <username>.vars.Arma3AlphaProfile file (usually located in your profile folder) and therefore makes VAS work across all servers using the same version (ie: same variable name to save and load from).

If you want to make YOUR vas variable (ie: map specific for example), you need to change the "vas_gear_blablabla_%1" variable to something like "vas_gear_mymissionname_%1" in all the files of VAS.

Now, you need to think long and hard when you do this because EVERYTIME you give a different name, a new set of variables will be stored when people save loadout. It's not big deal because it's just a small file and anyone can delete it without problems if they want to, but 1) you need your own unique name and 2) you need to remember which name you used because it might mess things up later otherwise.

to stop Loading load-outs , but is there any way to just do that on 1 crate as I have a COOP with 3 playable OPFOR and i need to just stop it of the OPFOR crate , but allow it for Blufor

Easiest and messiest way would be to make 2 entirely different VAS folders, each with all the scripts. One you call "VASBLUFOR" and the other one "VASOPFOR". Then you change the path in each box init field depending on which box it is :)

Or if you wanted to isolate stuff to your mission the only other well as far as sessions go is missionNamespace rather then profileNamespace but once they leave and come back it's gone.

Still finishing the final touches for the release of 1.0

Or if you wanted to isolate stuff to your mission the only other well as far as sessions go is missionNamespace rather then profileNamespace but once they leave and come back it's gone.

Still finishing the final touches for the release of 1.0

Can't wait for it and at the same time dread it since I'll have to redo all the customization :)