Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Virtual Ammobox System

Version: 2.95
By Tonic

Screen shot
zrCBep8.png

Github:

https://github.com/Tonnilson/Virtual-Ammobox-System

Please don't ask me for my permission to do whatever you want with whatever I have created, I really don't care. You want to upload it to steam workshop, go ahead and do it, want to include it in a community pack? full send, want to maintain? Knock yourself out. I dropped out of the arma scene a very long time ago and I really don't care what is done with my stuff, I don't even care if I am credited, just do what you want. I am just putting this here for the few that respect the creative work of others, I don't want to waste your time of being considerate and asking because odds are I will never see it or respond. I randomly remembered that ARMA existed and figured this was appropriate.

JbBufj8.png

Usage:

Place a ammo box down on the map and in initialization field put:

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

In your description.ext put:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

You will also need to drag the stringtable.xml in the root part of your mission where mission.sqm & init.sqf are located.

Notes:

If you want to help translate VAS into your language take a look at the stringtable.xml and contact me with a translation of the strings and it will be included in the next update of VAS.

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) is permitted to be used in any mission so there is no need to ask for my permission. If you are modify VAS and have changes that you feel should be included in the release version then shoot me the changes and i'll take a look.

Even though VAS is being localized for various other languages it doesn't mean that VAS will show in your language because the game engine currently doesn't enable the use of selecting your language and is English by default. This will fix its self when BIS finishes their own localization (hopefully during beta but probably after release). In the mean time if you want VAS to show in your language then edit the <Original> fields of the stringtable.xml and it will work.

VASP:

The Virtual Ammobox System Preloader (VASP) is a simple mission / utility for those that are having long load times while using addons such as ACRE. All you need to do is drag the

VAS_Preloader.Stratis.pbo to either your missions directory or MPMissions directory and whenever you are fixing to get into a large Co-Op mission or whatever with ACRE/Other large

addons just play the VAS_Preloader mission first and let it preload information for VAS, once it's completed you will have a hint and you're ready to go. Long load times should

no longer be a problem.

It is a simplistic concept and it's the best work-around that I can provide.

Known Issue(s)/Bug(s):

None that I know of.

Change log:

v2.95:

Changed: UI ihas been made larger.

Changed: Transfer Loadout has been shifted from BIS_fnc_MP to remoteExec.

Changed: General code optimizations.

Added: "Remove All" button now hides when not on Items or Magazines tab to avoid confusion on what it does.

Added: Main interface now refreshes when closing out of the Load Manager window

v2.92:

m0nkey on armaholic submitted fixes no idea what they were but probably dialog references

v2.6

Changed: forceAddUniform now added in so you can freely wear any uniform without being 'naked'.

Changed: TFAR radio patch from Robalo to properly remove TFAR radios from being added.

Changed: Exit condition for VAS preloading in the config builder.

v2.5

Added: VAS can now display specific items/weapons/magazines for each ammobox placed (more indept configuration).

Added: Version number in right side of title bar.

Added: New Russian localizations.

Added: Alphabetical sorting.

Changed: The quick magazines box now checks against the config for restricted / magazines.

Changed: Default save slots bumped from 10 to 15.

Changed: VASP now ends when it completes it's preloading process.

Fixed: Attachments restricted were showing in the quick attachments section.

Fixed: Error in expression < _this call VAS_fnc_quickAddDrag; > Error Type Script, expected Bool

v2.4

Added: The new attachment list box checks against the config for restricted attachments.

Added: French Translations for new prompts & Other localizations added in earlier builds (need more).

Changed: Listbox scrollbar resources changed (looks slightly different).

Fixed: Auto-scroll issue with scrollbars (Related to above change).

v2.3

Added: Ability to add items to specific containers (Drag from Virtual ammobox to the container icon).

Added: Listbox of compatible attachments.

Changed: Updated various resources for the new A3 1.10 patch (I think it's 1.10?)

Fixed: Couldn't remove a weapon that was stored in the backpack.

Fixed: Missing semicolon (;) error.

Legacy Change log:

v2.2

Fixed: Load on Respawn feature was not working.

Changed: Magazines now load into their saved containers for loadouts.

Added: VASP (Virtual Ammobox System Preloader), read notes about it!

v2.1

Added: Support for new compatibleItems class structure (Thanks to Robalo).

Added: Ability to transfer saved loadouts to other players in MP (They must accept).

Added: Visual indicator of Uniform/vest/backpack load with tooltip showing % in being full. (ToDo make it drag & drop).

Added: Config option to disable the 'Vas hasn't finished loading' check. It's a config option for those that use a LOT of addons.

Changed: VAS_fnc_handleItem can now put items in exact container from a save (Except Magazines, they're broken in stable).

Fixed: Using quick magazine adding no longer breaks filter displays.

Fixed: Localization error on 'restricted item'.

Fixed: Disabling 'Load on respawn' didn't actually disable it.

v2.0

Fixed: Map,Compass,etc wouldn't show in VAS.

Changed: Load on respawn shouldn't conflict with any other 'respawn' EVH.

Changed: Some German translations so they fit, thanks to MemphisBelle.

Added: More things to be localized. New translations needed.

Added: More translations for VAS in Russian,Czech and Spanish.

v1.9

Fixed: Some weapons wouldn't display in 'Your Current Gear'.

Changed: Added some additional code changes to fix & prevent 'VAS hasn't finished loading'

Changed: All Items (Vests/uniforms/headgear/attachments/misc) will display even if a class has the same name.

Changed: Some other things but forgot what they were but must of been important!

Added: Portuguese localization / Translation (Thanks to Ficc on BIS forums!)

v1.8

Fixed: Saved loadouts with a laser designator wouldn't load the battery.

Fixed: Saved loadouts wouldn't load UAV Terminals

Fixed: Glasses / Goggles can now be saved in uniforms/vests/backpacks.

Fixed: Some backpacks came with items already in them.

Changed: Updated German translations.

Changed: Initialization method in CfgFunctions changed to postInit to try and fix initialization issues.

Changed: fn_handleItem.sqf adjusted to support all NVG types.

v1.7

Fixed: Couldn't remove bincoulars.

Changed: Integrated needed parts of Kronzky STR Library into VAS, fixing compability issues, read notes.

Added: French & Polish translations (read notes).

Changed: Tidied up some of the code in the backend.

v1.6

Fixed: Couldn't add binoculars

Added: Localization support for VAS.

v1.5

Fixed: 3463463462346 Errors caused by the latest and greatest beta changes.

Fixed: Restricted gear sometimes still made it into a load out upon loading it.

v1.4

Changed: 'forced' was changed to 'preInit' in CfgFunctions.

Fixed: Fixed issue with gear on loadouts sometimes missing.

Changed: Some changes to the initialization process to try and fix 'VAS hasn't finished loading yet.'.

Added: If restricted items are listed in the config.sqf upon loading a loadout that item will not be added.

v1.3

Fixed: Broken Commands that were changed to something else from Alpha->Beta transition

Changed: Backend stuff that was used to fetch magazines from the gun, changed to new commands added in.

Changed: Some functions changed to the call method instead of spawn.

Added: Full support of adding attachments to the all weapon types (Weapons on you that support the item).

v1.2

Changed: Tweaks to VAS_fnc_handleItem for better handling in future.

Changed: Tweaks to VAS_fnc_fetchCfgDetails (Should display Ghillie suits till BIS fixes the config entries).

Changed: Tweaks to VAS_fnc_buildConfig for future use, Range finder and other binocs should show as a weapon.

Changed: Tweaks to UI Experience, should no longer flash when adding/removing items.

Added: Ability to remove all magazines of a type or items of a type.

Added: Double clicking on a weapon/item/whatever adds it.

Added: Double clicking on a weapon/item/whatever removes it.

Changed: Tweaks to the save/load display, items are now grouped and show in quantity thanks to naong.

Changed: Tweaks to load option to prevent excessive magazines being added when spamming Load.

v1.1

Fixed: VAS couldn't add the range finder or any other 'binocular' based item besides the actual binoculars.

Changed: Converted VAS's function initialization to CfgFunctions (VAS now initializes when mission is started, thanks to Tyrghen on Armaholic for the tip).

Changed: VAS's file path changed from gear to VAS to make it stand out more (Read notes about the new Description.ext when adding VAS 1.1 to your mission).

Changed: Highlighted selections should no longer flash between black and white (now less annoying and easier to read).

Changed: When setting disableLoadSave to true VAS now changes over to missionNamespace so saves are only persistent in the missionNamespace.

Changed: Tweaks to VAS_fnc_handleItem for loading of saved loadouts (enabling it to save gps's,uniforms/vests within the uniform/vest).

Added: New configuration parameter vas_customslots allowing mission maker to enable the amount of saved slots (was actually in 1.0).

v1.0

Changed: Recoded the entire backend

Fixed: When saving a loadout with a weapon in the backpack, it wouldn't be loaded.

Fixed: When saving a loadout with a gun that had a GL it would load in with a missing magazine.

Added: Confirmation to deleting a saved loadout.

Added: When selecting a loadout through the save menu the saved loadouts name is now loaded in the text field.

Added: When selecting a weapon you can now double click on the magazine on the left information window to quickly add the magazine.

Added: Filter functionality to Weapons / Items

Credits & Thanks:

Kronzky - For his string function library

SaMatra - For help with UI Resources and Russian Translation

Dslyecxi - For his Paper doll giving insight on how to detect item types.

Tyrghen on Armaholic - For giving me the tip about CfgFunctions

naong - For his code tweaks to the Load / Save display.

Coding from armaholic - Translation of VAS from English->German

El nabot from Armaholic - Translation of VAS from English->French

czesiek77 from Armaholic - Translation of VAS from English->Polish

Ficc from BIS Forums - Translation of VAS from English->Portuguese

ramius86 on BIS Forums - Translation of VAS from English->Italian

RabsRincon on Armaholic - Translation of VAS from English->Spanish

Bakarda on BIS/Armaholic - Translation of VAS from English->Czech

MemphisBelle on BIS Forums - Translation Tweaks for German to fit.

Robalo on BIS Forums - Giving code changes to help support new compatibleItems class structure and other various code changes

PR9INICHEK - Russian translations for later implmeneted localizations.

Download:

https://github.com/Tonnilson/Virtual-Ammobox-System/releases

Armaholic - Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

• Like 2

Good bye forums

Edited by Tonic-_-

Posted this on Armaholic release thread

If your MP mission uses an ammo crate fill script remove it now and use this instead.

Dynamic War Sandbox mission using fill scripts on ammo box = avg 15-20 server FPS

Dynamic War Sandbox mission using VAS on ammo box = avg 40-45 server FPS

I use BTC revive which handles re-spawning with gear for me..

Currently the Save & Load gear option is not in this release, it was a experimental feature I am working on but the issue is so many people use various Save & Load gear options out there and BTC Revive includes one as well that it makes it kind of hard to make a feature that won't conflict with others.

Will be finished in next version.

I just removed the save/load buttons from the gui to prevent confusion for my players, BTC revive system works just fine so no need for another system on top of that.

Thanks for your time and effort with this though Tonic, have yet to try it in a MP environment but looks promising in my initial testing.

If I had 1 bit of constructive criticism to add though I would have preferred to not have to change my interface size to normal from small but I found it hard to read some of the text comfortably and I sit at a desk to play - I wonder how people with smaller screens or sit further away will fare. I use a 20" monitor @ 1920x1080 if you were wondering btw.

I just removed the save/load buttons from the gui to prevent confusion for my players, BTC revive system works just fine so no need for another system on top of that.

Thanks for your time and effort with this though Tonic, have yet to try it in a MP environment but looks promising in my initial testing.

If I had 1 bit of constructive criticism to add though I would have preferred to not have to change my interface size to normal from small but I found it hard to read some of the text comfortably and I sit at a desk to play - I wonder how people with smaller screens or sit further away will fare. I use a 20" monitor @ 1920x1080 if you were wondering btw.

I use a 25" Monitor @ 1920x1080 @ Small interface

I can agree that the text for guns/items/magazines/goggles/backpacks is small and will look into making it more readable in the next update. I am actually not to thrilled with the font selections in A3 and they do seem to be an eye sore unless they are quite large. None the less hope you enjoy :)

Very nice work, Tonic. Thanks for the extra effort to get the VAS out when the ammo crates proved unready.

One note: the ReadMe says:

..to add this to your mission copy the gear folder & data folder from the scripts folder to your mission folder...

But there is no data folder! ;)

I am actually not to thrilled with the font selections in A3 and they do seem to be an eye sore unless they are quite large.

Agreed. And yeah, I had to put on my old-man reading glasses to use this. Guess I can't fault you for my aging though (can I?)

What about opening backpacks and adding/removing weapons and items from them? Is that in your plans? Would be a nice feature.

But there is no data folder! ;)

Think that was for the previous version.

I don't know how hard it would be to do but having the right magazines added when you select a weapon would be great !!

Thanks for this :p

Hi

Thanks for a Great script. I don't seem to be able to save a game when using it. The save option is greyed out. Any ideas? Cheers

Agreed. And yeah, I had to put on my old-man reading glasses to use this. Guess I can't fault you for my aging though (can I?)

What about opening backpacks and adding/removing weapons and items from them? Is that in your plans? Would be a nice feature.

Items are automatically assigned to uniform, vest and backpacks, weapons are not. I have an idea how to add weapons to a backpack and will look into doing it for the next version.

Love the Script, What a great piece of work, very handy! For some reason this works fine when I host a game, but it wont work on a dedicated machine which we play on, any idea why?

EDIT: Sorry guys, problem solved, the problem was I am stupid lol.

Edited by ringoray

Love the Script, What a great piece of work, very handy! For some reason this works fine when I host a game, but it wont work on a dedicated machine which we play on, any idea why?

Not quite sure how to answer that question, Could you explain a bit more on the issue and how you are applying the addaction and what other script(s) you may be using?

The reason I ask is because I use this on a dedicated machine and receive no issues so there must be other scripts causing issues or the method that you are applying it.

lag appears to be non existent with this so that's great, but we need BIS to fix the underlying issues and weapon models not updating.

a few extra votes HERE and HERE might help get this higher up priority..

tried this in a larger MP session this evening - no desync, no lag, no disconnections - great stuff..

Good bye forums

Edited by Tonic-_-