Sign in to follow this  
g_rider

Everyone gets a trophy syndrome has come to ARMA

Bis did you change the difficulty settings so that everyone can feel like a Veteran with their 3rd person camera and digital cross hairs?

I can only find useless servers full of Generation zero's TK'ing anyone in sight, with 3rd person on, cross hairs on, and enemies being shown on the map turned on. Mind you I selected only Veteran servers. Couldn't find any non Justin Bieber servers (expert) with players on them.

What happened? This new ARMA is so dumbed down. I'm affraid to try an inverted loop in a helo using only my keyboard as it would probably make me cry.

A saddened 12 year veteran of the series....

Just remind you, Arma3 hasn't even reach Beta yet...

I still remember what Arma1 Beta looks like, quite a nightmare...

I think the point is being missed that ArmA will support almost any kind of gameplay style - whether its one you enjoy or not. The point is, it CAN support the gamestyle you want.

In this regard, it's never been any different.

Also - and I hate to be this guy - it seems a lot of people are simply using ArmA3 as a released game and expecting their expectations to be met. The game is in alpha, which means there shouldn't be much feedback on the matter of external gameplay and the state of server options for games. If you wish for a moan, all well & good, but I don't think there will be much sympathy for your observations ;)

Meant with love & respect ;)

Also - and I hate to be this guy - it seems a lot of people are simply using ArmA3 as a released game and expecting their expectations to be met. The game is in alpha, which means there shouldn't be much feedback on the matter of external gameplay and the state of server options for games. If you wish for a moan, all well & good, but I don't think there will be much sympathy for your observations ;)

Meant with love & respect ;)

This is exactly my point. This is why (sadly), i decided to put it in my signature. Because people can't wrap it around their heads (not even 12 year veterans of the franchise.)

It would help a lot if you could filter servers by difficulty.

It didn't help me as I did do that via the "play with six app" and I got what used to be cadet mode labeled as now the new Veteran mode.

Others: I notice not one of you replied on the issues that I raised. This is exactly what we mean by Gen Zero. You add up to nothing.

So if it is all about development then why is ARMA II CO now Vet mode with 3rd on and cross hairs on? It didn't used to be that way as a default. I've been away for some time now but this game is nothing about realistic military sandbox anymore but now more about TK'ing everyone at a spawn or a game mode predicated from the same adolescence impulse called wasteland or dayz.

Even worse is that the helos are full arcade now. They were never at Sims quality but they've been dumbed down quite a lot. The problem for some is that if you haven't been around that long you wouldn't know these things. And that is the point isn't it. Nobody that actually won a trophy would accept competing today and see everyone gets one. But the Gen zeros think its just fine and like their cadet trophy labeled Veteran.

This wasn't the case before the "Everyone gets a Trophy Syndrome" landed here...

It didn't help me as I did do that via the "play with six app" and I got what used to be cadet mode labeled as now the new Veteran mode.

Others: I notice not one of you replied on the issues that I raised. This is exactly what we mean by Gen Zero. You add up to nothing.

So if it is all about development then why is ARMA II CO now Vet mode with 3rd on and cross hairs on? It didn't used to be that way as a default. I've been away for some time now but this game is nothing about realistic military sandbox anymore but now more about TK'ing everyone at a spawn or a game mode predicated from the same adolescence impulse called wasteland or dayz.

Even worse is that the helos are full arcade now. They were never at Sims quality but they've been dumbed down quite a lot. The problem for some is that if you haven't been around that long you wouldn't know these things. And that is the point isn't it. Nobody that actually won a trophy would accept competing today and see everyone gets one. But the Gen zeros think its just fine and like their cadet trophy labeled Veteran.

This wasn't the case before the "Everyone gets a Trophy Syndrome" landed here...

You seem to be loving the "generation zero" tag. But lease stop using it, as it makes you and your posts decrease in quality. (The irony lays in the "rant" this thread is. It adds up to nothing)

OT:

About the helis, it's NOT finished. The TOH flight model isn't even it yet. You're still not aware about being in an Alpha? Maybe you're the gen zero.

See:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146949-TOH-flight-model-if-when-how&p=2305626&viewfull=1#post2305626

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146949-TOH-flight-model-if-when-how&p=2305558&viewfull=1#post2305558

You also complain about public games. Yes, because TKing at spawn was never a problem there before.

Please don't call me gen zero, kind sir.

Edited by Winfernal

This thread is all irony. "I can't play the game the way I wish therefore everyone else is dumb". My own message from this thread.

A more constructive post, one that reflects so-called veteran status, would be one that has suggestions relevant to an alpha status. Yelling that we haven't addressed your concerns specifically and so our replies are "generation zero"-like, well, the outcome is rather obvious :) They're not addressed because they're irrelevant.

If you have concerns over core gameplay, that do NOT involve how someone else plays against you, make them properly as befitting an Alpha observation.

There are not many good servers yet because most serious players are still playing properly only in ArmA2 due to ArmA3's limited content.

When ArmA2 came out there were a lot of run'n'gun gametype servers at first too. But as clans and serious communities moved into ArmA2 it became fine.

There are not many good servers yet because most serious players are still playing properly only in ArmA2 due to ArmA3's limited content.

When ArmA2 came out there were a lot of run'n'gun gametype servers at first too. But as clans and serious communities moved into ArmA2 it became fine.

This is actually a good point. Most "veteran" ArmA players, the ones interested in the sort of gameplay the OP is apparently interested in, are doing the Alpha testing thing, not the jump into a game thing.

it takes most people about 3-6 months to realize that public arma is garbage, and you need to join a private community instead

not sure why a 12yr vet wouldn't know this already

This thread is all irony. "I can't play the game the way I wish therefore everyone else is dumb". My own message from this thread.

A more constructive post, one that reflects so-called veteran status, would be one that has suggestions relevant to an alpha status. Yelling that we haven't addressed your concerns specifically and so our replies are "generation zero"-like, well, the outcome is rather obvious :) They're not addressed because they're irrelevant.

If you have concerns over core gameplay, that do NOT involve how someone else plays against you, make them properly as befitting an Alpha observation.

Difficulty was changed in ARMA II as well. How does that fact fit into you summation? Well it doesn't, does it? When I was last playing if you selected vet the default had no 3rd person, no cross hairs, no enemies on map. So your point is invalid.

The real tragedy is you and the others. You're making my point. But don't fret too much you're not alone. You've accepted the dumbing down and are in fact succumbing to the topics syndrome not just by being affected by it but actually advocating for, while denying it is happening.

Yes read that again.

Read it again.

A genius said: It doesn't matter how smart you are unless you stop and think.

So the answer could be yes if you've chimed in this thread that was directed to Bis you've effectively just raised your hand to identify yourself that you unwilling have succumbed to trophy syndrome.

This was really directed to Bis, so no thank you on your advice especially since it's just your projections onto me that you're really criticizing.

*shrug* makes no difference to me, you're complaining about how some other people like to play, all the settings are settable, I can't really see any other solution other than maybe you'd like to make suggestions on what default settings are available to what difficulty setting. That would at least make the thread useful.

Generally, if I'm able to change the thing I'm unhappy with ingame, then it's good. It sounds to me like your problem is with people, not the game.

it takes most people about 3-6 months to realize that public arma is garbage, and you need to join a private community instead

not sure why a 12yr vet wouldn't know this already

I have. Joined up with SOCOM, 15th MEU, UO, Tacticalgamer many many others as a welcomed guest (When I last clean out my Teamspeak ARMA folder it had 40+ servers in it). As of last year I couldn't get any consistent games with them like I used too with Veteran mode enabled (especially with the old default settings). And that is the point. Bis isn't trying to keep this a military sandbox like they used to. Were you here in the days when all this dumbing down was being done by OFP and they mocked them for doing it?

I'll ask you. When was that last time you've been on a server with no 3rd person, no cross hairs, no map icons of enemy with an authentic military mission in play? How often is that? It was close to a norm at once upon a time. Now I can't find it even when sorting for it by the veteran column on the play with six app.

Making your own missions is always best when you want to play things how you want to play them. Make the mission, invite the type of person you want to play with, and have some fun. Works for me!!;)

Jesus christ, so many threads of people complaining about optional settings. Can't you guys just make one thread for all this crap?

I have. Joined up with SOCOM, 15th MEU, UO, Tacticalgamer many many others as a welcomed guest (When I last clean out my Teamspeak ARMA folder it had 40+ servers in it). As of last year I couldn't get any consistent games with them like I used too with Veteran mode enabled (especially with the old default settings). And that is the point. Bis isn't trying to keep this a military sandbox like they used to. Were you here in the days when all this dumbing down was being done by OFP and they mocked them for doing it?

I'll ask you. When was that last time you've been on a server with no 3rd person, no cross hairs, no map icons of enemy with an authentic military mission in play? How often is that? It was close to a norm at once upon a time. Now I can't find it even when sorting for it by the veteran column on the play with six app.

It is sandbox. You play how YOU want to play, you don't dictate other servers/players to follow your rules.

Make your own server with those settings turned off then, instead of pointless rants of the forums about optional settings and unfinished features. You're also talking like you've seen the full potential of ArmA 3, when it's not even released yet and barely finished the first week of alpha.

People that are serious about the franchise, and wants it improved, are testing/giving feedback. Instead of jumping around on servers this early, trying to find games. I'd imagine that a 12 year veteran like yourself would do the same.

Take your name-calling and rants some place else, until you've grasped the concept of participating in an alpha, and the fact of everyone not having the same playstyle as you.

Edited by Winfernal

It is sandbox. You play how YOU want to play, you don't dictate other servers/players to follow your rules.

Make your own server with those settings turned off then, instead of pointless rants of the forums about optional settings and unfinished features. You're also talking like you've seen the full potential of ArmA 3, when it's not even released yet and barely finished the first week of alpha.

People that are serious about the franchise, and wants it improved, are testing/giving feedback. Instead of jumping around on servers this early, trying to find games. I'd imagine that a 12 year veteran like yourself would do the same.

Take your name-calling and rants some place else, until you've grasped the concept of participating in an alpha, and the fact of everyone not having the same playstyle as you.

Well a Gen Y would ask me how much do you think they've dumbed down the series. Since you didn't do that and have done the above I'll make you an honorary Gen Zero.

Grats.

Well a Gen Y would ask me how much do you think they've dumbed down the series. Since you didn't do that and have done the above I'll make you an honorary Gen Zero.

Grats.

I just love this way of argumenting. Are you stuck?

Unless you're going to come up with some real arguments that is not ranting, and examples on what you would want to have changed, and atleast link to a feedback vote, don't make threads in the future.

I have some issues with ArmA3 regarding realism vs. ArmA2 (see my sig) although maybe those are just bugs. But dumbed down? No.

I have some issues with ArmA3 regarding realism vs. ArmA2 (see my sig) although maybe those are just bugs. But dumbed down? No.

I disagree.

Bis has Dayz on steam for ARMA while dumbing down the difficulty levels.

ACE and other military addons that could have been promoted haven't been.

12 years and still without a Squad? Cool story bro.

ArmA II was just the same on launch.

Bis has Dayz on steam for ARMA while dumbing down the difficulty levels.

I wouldn't consider 3rd PV on Vet to be "DUMBED DOWN". The "Elite" difficulty is now truly elite.

Rent your own server, choose your own difficulty settings, pick missions, start a squad - if you think you're not sheep & want to be a wolf.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin