Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

[Feature Request] 180 degree turn

Hello all,

Just got the alpha and really loving the new stances. And I have another suggestion to add into it, lets say we double tap 'S' key and our character turn 180 degree so that we can run away real quick, instead of turning the mouse.

Personally I think it's a good idea since ppl dont really 'turn' when trying to go 180. Instead they just pivot on their right/left leg and swing on the other leg and go 180. While we're at it, maybe add in 90 degree left/right also.

What do you guys think?

Double tabbing your "infantry move backwards" key would be good for this. But it should only be possible in an upright posture (not kneeling or lying).

Not seeing why this is needed on a PC. It makes sense for games on consoles due to their controls, but I can turn 360 with my mouse probably as fast as I could double-tap S. I haven't noticed Arma 3 restricting my turn speed when I'm moving (I can sprint up a spiral staircase), but I'll try to pay more attention for it when I play tonight.

Double tapping S and then having to press W to actually start running?

Useless feature imho. "Features" like this clutter the forum and the feedback tracker, distracting attention from real feature requests and bugs.

I'm sorry I'm not a good debater, it's just that what I've experience in-game and what I think IRL I/we humans could do faster. And plus maybe I'm getting old, since I'm getting motion sickness more easily in this Alpha than in ARMA 2

Could be some of the effects, too. I don't usually get motion sickness, but there have been a few games where some weird combination of factors made me queasy. Usually I can overcome it by messing with video options. Might be worth a shot messing with some of the post-processing effects and such.

This kind of thing was implemented into Grand Theft Auto IV and it completely ruined it on PC. It made it unpredictable and often uncontrollable.

The system they have in place right now is totally fine, I see no reason to change it.

I'm sorry, this is not about making it like GTA4 (change). It's just adding in, like you add in step lean left/right or the high/low crouch. I played GTA4 also and I agree that one was too troublesome

The only reason this is even in ANY game is because that game's primary platform uses a gamepad as controller. (Or maybe Hawken, but it limits the turn speed input to a capped acceleration)

The limited turn-speed you get with those silly thumbsticks is the only reason you would even need such a "180" button.

i don't see any need for it.

For the time the animation plays of you turning your body around. Probably could of just done the same with the mouse in that time.

I agree with most other people in this by saying 'not needed', it seems like this will be one of those things that just clutter the keyboard! As already pointed out, it would be faster using your mouse to do such an action.