rybo32

[MP] Stratis Life

About: Stratis Life is a mission I'm creating that is heavily inspired by the LIFE mods in ArmA 2, but it's very incomplete. This is being made from scratch, and due to this might have some interesting bugs in it.

Author: Rybo

Type: ArmA 3 LIFE Roleplay

Mission Version: 0.0.1

Currently, Stratis Life is in a very early alpha of version 0.0.1. It has several important mission features, and a lot of bugs to fix.

Features:

Currency System

Car Shops

Blufor

Civilians

Known bugs:

ATM and Car Shops take time to load in

Player sometimes plays a swimming animation upon spawning

Map focuses on Game Logic Area at player debrief map before spawning

GUI's throw errors due to mis-documentation of GUI functions/Changes from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3

Also keep in mind, I'm far from perfect, so feel free to suggest things for my code in the comments, or even report bugs.

Also notice, the GUI's currently being used are temporary.

TODO:

Add weapon shops

Add drug processing

Add weapon factory

Add vehicle factory

Add proper cop base

Add opfor faction

Add indie faction

Make car shop code more efficient and effective

Create car shop spawn zones for car shops for more effective spawning of cars

Create delay on car shops to stop spamming of cars

Improve GUI's

Add weapon holstering

Add base building elements

Add stunning

Add jail

Add hostile relationship between civilians and blufor

Hotkeys:

1 - Player Info

More than likely I'm going to be submitting daily builds of this to fix bugs and add content.

Sorry for the current lack of screenshots, but I'm too tired to do so right now.

Builds:

Alpha 0.0.1

Disclaimer: Not everything in Alpha 0.0.1 alpha was tested with multiple players in the game

I will continue updating this until a LIFE mod from ArmA 2 is ported to ArmA 3, or if a better LIFE mod is created, that is actively being updated.

I will be gone 4-10 hours due to sleep, after that time period, I will begin fixing bugs and adding content for the next daily build.

As a suggestion you should setup an array for the classnames and prices of your items.

if((player getVariable "Money") >= 5000) then
	{
		player setVariable["Money",(player getVariable "Money") - 5000];
		player globalChat "YOU HAVE BOUGHT A HUNTER FOR $5000, IT WILL SPAWN NEXT TO YOU SHORTLY.";
		closeDialog 0;
		execVM "carDialog.sqf";
		"B_Hunter_F" createVehicle (position player);
	};

As something like that wont be very practical when the full game is released. Something like the masterarray from A2 life missions.

I cant even play this mission file... whats up with that? it doesnt appear to play or edit...

Just to let you guys know the Takistan Life Revolution (Trotsky, Micovery, Droo_k6) team has finished porting the life mission over from A2 and we are currently testing it and smoothing out some bugs. This was the version that was originally from Saharani Life. I will let everyone know when its ready to play and we will most likely keep out mission file open for anyone to use however we ask that you do not change the credits and history tabs. Please keep working on a ground up build though because it would probably turn out to be better than the ported version :D

We will most likely be posting our progress on our website - http://www.takistanliferevolution.com

Edited by CptCubano

Just to let you guys know the Takistan Life Revolution (Trotsky, Micovery, Droo_k6) team has finished porting the life mission over from A2 and we are currently testing it and smoothing out some bugs. This was the version that was originally from Saharani Life. I will let everyone know when its ready to play and we will most likely keep out mission file open for anyone to use however we ask that you do not change the credits and history tabs. Please keep working on a ground up build though because it would probably turn out to be better than the ported version :D

We will most likely be posting our progress on our website - http://www.takistanliferevolution.com

Any Idea when this might release for play? And due to the fact that arma 3 is still alpha how much of the core elements of TLR do you have ported into amra3's version? such as bank, atm, stores, gear Jail? what cause I find no info on your website about it But i'm very intrested.

Try to rename it.

StratisLife.Stratis_.pbo should be StratisLife.Stratis.pbo

Try to rename it.

StratisLife.Stratis_.pbo should be StratisLife.Stratis.pbo

I got it to work by extracting it to a folder from the .pbo. Its very stripped down its essentially stratis with random spawn and 1 car able to be bought. Waiting on a better one. This guy said he'd update daily and has yet to do anything else.

Nice to see someone working on a NEW life mission instead of simply porting the ancient one. And @ zooloo, coming on someone else's development thread and bragging about how you're making "a life mission too" and that it's "going to be better" is absolutely pathetic.

Well that's very nice of you to release it to the public, something seldom in the A2 world (and I predict, in the one to come).

But at the moment I think development of an RPG/porting is very hasty. Especially with the limited features available in the Alpha.

Nice to see someone working on a NEW life mission instead of simply porting the ancient one. And @ zooloo, coming on someone else's development thread and bragging about how you're making "a life mission too" and that it's "going to be better" is absolutely pathetic.

Yea I think that a new mission from the ground up will turn out alot better than the ported versions. Also it will be awhile before we put the Stratis Life map up. All of the banks/licenses/buying everything and gangs still work but there are still alot of bugs - especially with clothing. Add to that the lack of content such as vehicles and weapons it will take some time before its open to the public.

Yea I think that a new mission from the ground up will turn out alot better than the ported versions. Also it will be awhile before we put the Stratis Life map up. All of the banks/licenses/buying everything and gangs still work but there are still alot of bugs - especially with clothing. Add to that the lack of content such as vehicles and weapons it will take some time before its open to the public.

I figured it would be a while. Probably should have waited to buy arma3, its pretty boring at the moment. Most of the user gen missions are broken or are to quick and boring. Servers lag to much to actually play on as well.

I figured it would be a while. Probably should have waited to buy arma3, its pretty boring at the moment. Most of the user gen missions are broken or are to quick and boring. Servers lag to much to actually play on as well.

buying later would have cost you more, so.

Most people don't realize they actually just preordered the game (with a discount) but with the ability to play it as it develops. Or do you just prefer to preorder and wait 6 months until the game is released?

Most people don't realize they actually just preordered the game (with a discount) but with the ability to play it as it develops. Or do you just prefer to preorder and wait 6 months until the game is released?

I personally don't mind either way. I mean I've played plenty of preorder alpha's and such, and have also waited my fair share of preorders out as well. I just feels like a lot of user gen missions have broken AI. so half the time the AI isnt not shooting back and its just a one sided battle.

good job. im happy to see a ground up build already. ive been a fan of life rp style games since i started playing arma2. something that i would love to see added to the todo list would be a car mod/tunning shop.

take a look at http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149027-Primer-for-new-vehicle-simulation the model for cars has improved alot.

maybe you could buy better tires or replace your engine/transmision......im not sure if its straightforward to implement. maybe have multiple configs it could load from or change a cars values individualy.

im not to sure how it could be accomplished but i think it is something that would be cool to implement into the life

You could try adding a car paint shop - I've noticed that if you place a pickup on the map every time you start the game it is a different texture. There might be a way to have a default texture in the car shop and then have a paint shop somewhere else where you can select different textures for a price. Clothes shops would be awesome but the clothes are acting really weird in MP.

Cleaned up some of the nonsense from the early replies.

For hostile relationship between civilians and blufor; add redfor soldier with highest rank and set probability of presence to o% and group him with civilians that you would like to be hostile towards.

I am sorry, but this mission in really bad. Using lot of loops already at the only beginning is the worst idea. Lot of, hm... no. LOT OF SCRIPT ERRORS, and again - thats the only beginning! When i looked at the scripts and started this mission, i was like "Did that guy even test it once?", cause bugs and stuff are everywhere.

Edited by Placebo

Removed the second part of your reply as it's tantamount to flamebaiting, it's not appropriate for you to tell someone what they should or should not do.

Stratis Life is a mission I'm creating that is heavily inspired by the LIFE mods in ArmA 2, but it's very incomplete.

For those of us who didn't play Arma 2, could you explain what a "LIFE mod" is, please?

I saw this in the single-player missions, but I don't have a clue what you're trying to do.

Thanks.