Sign in to follow this  
teweedo

How to remove auto-AIM ?

But again you make it sounds like I expect something special when in fact I do expect what most shooters crosshair, including A2, are already doing.

Well, have fun hitting things you don't want to hit and sometimes dying because of it. I'll use this new crosshair behavior to not fire at rocks and tree branches, plzkthx. Basically, you're asking for the devs to add (or disable, rather) a feature that will gimp you! That's why everyone's dumbfounded at why you'd want this... but whatever floats your boat!

Well, have fun hitting things you don't want to hit and sometimes dying because of it. I'll use this new crosshair behavior to not fire at rocks and tree branches, plzkthx. Basically, you're asking for the devs to add (or disable, rather) a feature that will gimp you! That's why everyone's dumbfounded at why you'd want this... but whatever floats your boat!

Don't worry, I will be perfectly fine like I have always been without it before. It is even quite the contrary since I am specifically asking to disable what "gimps" me already but thanks for your concern.

Have a good day, sir.

I think half the issue in this thread is the title. It implies that you (teweedo) don't understand what the crosshair is doing (I know you do, but we all know how many people actually bother reading a whole thread before replying).

The other issue is that some of the replies (like mine) weren't necessarily to the OP, but are relevant to anyone reading this who has the misconception we all thought you had. There will be players new to Arma who've never had to deal with bullets coming from their gun, rather than the centre of their screen. The worry that I had was that there would be a bunch of people who'd get the 'smart' crosshair (for want of a better word) removed and replaced with a screen-centre crosshair, and then that would lead to a whole lot of "Teh aiming in arma suXX0rs" threads and youtubes as new people post 'evidence' that the Arma engine is 'broken', because all their bullets are pinging off obstacles they didn't expect them to.

Of course, I see the attraction of screen-centre crosshairs. I'd be happy to see them added as an option, but would hate to see the current ones removed.

I think half the issue in this thread is the title. It implies that you (teweedo) don't understand what the crosshair is doing (I know you do, but we all know how many people actually bother reading a whole thread before replying).

The other issue is that some of the replies (like mine) weren't necessarily to the OP, but are relevant to anyone reading this who has the misconception we all thought you had. There will be players new to Arma who've never had to deal with bullets coming from their gun, rather than the centre of their screen. The worry that I had was that there would be a bunch of people who'd get the 'smart' crosshair (for want of a better word) removed and replaced with a screen-centre crosshair, and then that would lead to a whole lot of "Teh aiming in arma suXX0rs" threads and youtubes as new people post 'evidence' that the Arma engine is 'broken', because all their bullets are pinging off obstacles they didn't expect them to.

Of course, I see the attraction of screen-centre crosshairs. I'd be happy to see them added as an option, but would hate to see the current ones removed.

Indeed. You are 100% correct.

This feature would be wonderful if it was an addition to the regular crosshair, like a double crosshair or a colour change as someone suggested but I'd be fine with the option to have "Intelligent crosshair/Normal crosshair" switch.

I will also change the title which is very inappropriate and will edit out my opening post to makes things clear.

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

Alright, I've changed the title and edited the topic but it seems like in the thread list the title won't change, it keep saying the same as before. I may need to make a new one. I will also eventually make a feedback report so people can vote about it.

Also I'd like an indicator while I'm aiming down sight. In real life I'd see that my muzzle is behind an object as well.

In real life I'd see that my muzzle is behind an object as well.

Well, to be fair, it can be kinda awkward and difficult to know if your barrel actually clears the obstacle in real life when you're not standing right next to it. The best example is when you're something like 10 feet behind a corner and you're popping out sidestepping for a few shots. It really just depends on how much experience you have and how well you know your optics setup.

Also I'd like an indicator while I'm aiming down sight. In real life I'd see that my muzzle is behind an object as well.

You see in ArmA3 what you see IRL dude.

Better learn to adapt to an "inconvenience" of having sights above the muzzle. ArmA is not a carebear central.

Better learn to adapt to an "inconvenience" of having sights above the muzzle. ArmA is not a carebear central.

jesus what the hell is your problem? again with the condescending bullshit?! yes we know you're the greatest arma player of all time, you've been playing for 20 years now, you know everything, the game is perfect the way it is, no need for changes, everybody else is wrong...

you don't see everything you see in real life. this is a game dude, when will you realize that? In real life, if I'm sitting behind a rock or a tree, even if I'm aiming down sight, I can see if my muzzle is blocked by that same rock. I can open an eye, or leave it open in the first place, but I can see that my muzzle is actual behind the cover and not beside or above it. In game, I can't. And for that an indicator would be nice, just like the crosshair behaves now, only also available while aiming down sight.

Edited by phoboss

Remove it or make it optional simple as that. As for the fans of the feature, some people also like Brussels sprouts, doesn't mean every one has to like it too.

Offering an option to choose between static and dynamic crosshair should be simple. There is already a lot of hud - customization in this game, why not apply it to crosshairs as well?

Really? That's funny because when I was in the Army I don't once recall having an issue where I didn't know my barrel was pointing inside a rock yet in arma, that isn't the case.

Soooooo I know this post is old af but if you want to remove it is a option called "Adaptive Crosshair" It is in the game selection in the options menu