Sign in to follow this  
cabowabo4000

Will Arma 3 Have Better Medical Equipment Like ACE2?

When I first got Arma 2: Combined Operations i was excited i had finnaly found a realistic battle game, after playing for 40 hours I felt like something was missing. I searched the whole game; spawning ammo crates and searching forums but i just couldn't find out what was missing. I shortly gave up the search and played some multiplayer with my buds.

We were camping out in the woods when we heard an enemy UAZ. we quickly layed prone and threw on our night vision goggles. as we crawled my friend misfired and hit me in the leg. right when that happened i realized what was missing and was said it wasn't there.

Whats missing is proper medical equipment. I dont understand how when you get shot in the leg you use a FAK (First Aid Kit). When you break a leg you use a FAK, you get unconscious you use a FAK. Why cant it be like ACE were you need earplugs to not go death, goggles to avoid eye damage and splints and painkillers and bandages? Oh well just my idea :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I hope so, if not then CMS will. ;)

Yes, and a difficulty option for realistic handling of injuries: Realistic difficulty you can only stabilize injuries and you have to transport them to a save zone. (dragging/ carrying of injured and dead and loading them in vehicles)

This would open a whole new level in realistic game-play (until now never archived by a mod)

Hope they finally implement this...

I don't think something like this would be implented in Vanilla.

One can only hope, though!

BIS seems to think something like this will make the game overly complicated when in fact it just makes playing as medic fun.

Because in vanilla it's always - come to a wounded dude, hit magic button, done. Booooring.

In ACE2 it feels like you are actually playing a medic. Doing a diagnosis, applying needed stuff, sometimes more of it. There's also a slight chance it will do more harm than good.

BIS seems to think something like this will make the game overly complicated when in fact it just makes playing as medic fun.

Because in vanilla it's always - come to a wounded dude, hit magic button, done. Booooring.

It's also a matter of priority, and what they should implent and spend ressources on in time for release. They don't got unlimited funds, or time for that sake.

And something like this wouldn't be high on the priority list right now..

In ACE2 it feels like you are actually playing a medic. Doing a diagnosis, applying needed stuff, sometimes more of it. There's also a slight chance it will do more harm than good.

Tell me about it, the vanilla system makes me hate being a medic.

It's also a matter of priority, and what they should implent and spend ressources on in time for release. They don't got unlimited funds, or time for that sake.

And something like this wouldn't be high on the priority list right now..

True. But ACE wounding system is pretty much the only thing right now (apart from wind affecting bullets) that doesn't let you call vanilla ArmA a real, proper soldier sim. Otherwise ArmA3 got almost everything it takes to be one.

True. But ACE wounding system is pretty much the only thing right now (apart from wind affecting bullets) that doesn't let you call vanilla ArmA a real, proper soldier sim. Otherwise ArmA3 got almost everything it takes to be one.

The proper wounding system isn't implented yet (?) (Alpha), though. So we're not entirely sure about the A3 system yet.

So the best thing to do right now would be to file a report on the feedback site.

I agree one-button options are just plain boring. I don't play as a medic because it's just crap in vanilla. People would want a watered down version of ACE, wouldn't they? I could unconsciousness being the only real negative issue for public players. At least first aid kit is an improvement over scroll and infinite heal.

ACE2 in my opinion is not like being a medic, and that's from personal experience. It has no diagnostic element, if it has then it's VERY limited. It's a checklist system currently of "Bandage, morphine, epinephrine, first aid kit", rinse and repeat. I don't like it that way but it's a big improvement over vanilla. Then again it's not over the top, it's not confusing and makes it easier on general gameplay.

Agreed. It;s one of those features that just by being slightly "complex" it turns fun.

I too looking forward to slightly expanded treatment than we seen in A2. There's still some time so we'll see I guess

I would love to see a possibility to enable more complex medical system in the core game. I think that even the casual players would enjoy it a lot. It wouldn't have to be very demanding even if it had a diagnostic element (mods could go hardcore then), the UI of the medic could be done very intuitively in order to make it more accessible to everyone, but still maintaining it interesting for the people who have more knowledge of the medical side. For example, after performing cABCDE the UI could tell the player the results of it with visual hints and text. The character itself of the wounded player could also give the medic many hints, like moaning loudly/being quiet, speaking disorientedly, the frequency and heaviness of breathing and blood, burnt clothes and charred skin and other signs of damage in damaged body parts.

"There is a massive gunshot wound in the inner left thigh. He is bleeding badly from the inner left thigh. His blood pressure seems to be very low. He's breathing very heavily. He looks very pale."

There could even be an optional newbie mode that would tell the player what to do:

"He has a massive gunshot wound in the inner left thigh, and he's bleeding badly. He's suffering from shock because of the blood loss and the pain. Apply a tourniquet or bandage him immediately to prevent his condition from getting worse. After that, give him IV with morphine infusion in order to make him recover from the shock."

I'm having difficulties to understand why they have decided to keep the medical system "as is", if even DayZ Standalone is getting more complex medical system.

Edited by Ezcoo

Yes. Following will already help: There should be at least a bleeding and the ability of bandages for every soldier. But just the medic can "heal completely" (he also have to bandage first). After a revive a soldier needs a medic to get "healed completely". Otherwise he will bleeding out if no one help him by bandages. A second bleed out will end in death.

That's not very complex and reasonable as a standard for a game like Arma.

If someone cancel the revive time he should have a longer respawn time (to avoid respawn every time that will result in a worse teamplay).

i hope the BI doesn't implement any of what ACE has by default in Arma, Not that i don't like ACE, its just some times i want to actually "play" Arma for entertainment.

I think the mil-sim groups take this "GAME" waaaay to seriously, last time i checked Arma3 was being sold as a military sandbox not a simulator. Even VBS2 isn't sold as a simulator, its also a sandbox.

They want this: http://products.bisimulations.com/products/vbs2/overview They just dont want the price......

VBS2 is a comprehensive high fidelity virtual sandbox where individual or collective training can be conducted. Trainees are prepared for real-life challenges by being immersed in life-like virtual environments. Simulations are operated from the first person perspective on standard desktop computers, and example training outcomes may include learning new convoy drills, or understanding how to correctly lay out a vehicle checkpoint in a hostile village.

That sounds like 99% of all the things that those realism groups want; Either they don't know it or are too cheap to buy it, So instead they come here and complain that Arma isn't real enough.

In real life when you get shot in the head no amount of bandaging, morphine or gauze would stop your brains from pouring out.... well enough gauze might but that wouldn't make you any less dead.... if by some means you did not die and the medic did manage to stop the bleeding you would have to be transported out of the zone for medical attention..... then if you manage to survive you would be a turnip for a couple of months not minutes. No where close to the amount of time a person has to wait to be revived.

We can easily make the game ultra realistic in one simply step: hardware ban anyone that dies ever.... that way you only have 1 life, just like in real life.....

Either they don't know it or are too cheap to buy it, So instead they come here and complain that Arma isn't real enough.

Big difference between $45 and ~$600 after HASP key and shipping ya know. Not exactly realistic for a full unit to use for "play".

Besides there's plenty of CoDClones for people that just wanna shoot doods so they can go pay their $60 a year for those and leave ArmA for those of us what want more from a shooter. :)

i hope the BI doesn't implement any of what ACE has by default in Arma, Not that i don't like ACE, its just some times i want to actually "play" Arma for entertainment.

I think the mil-sim groups take this "GAME" waaaay to seriously, last time i checked Arma3 was being sold as a military sandbox not a simulator. Even VBS2 isn't sold as a simulator, its also a sandbox.

They want this: http://products.bisimulations.com/products/vbs2/overview They just dont want the price......

That sounds like 99% of all the things that those realism groups want; Either they don't know it or are too cheap to buy it, So instead they come here and complain that Arma isn't real enough.

In real life when you get shot in the head no amount of bandaging, morphine or gauze would stop your brains from pouring out.... well enough gauze might but that wouldn't make you any less dead.... if by some means you did not die and the medic did manage to stop the bleeding you would have to be transported out of the zone for medical attention..... then if you manage to survive you would be a turnip for a couple of months not minutes. No where close to the amount of time a person has to wait to be revived.

We can easily make the game ultra realistic in one simply step: hardware ban anyone that dies ever.... that way you only have 1 life, just like in real life.....

Arma wouldnt be half of what it is today if it werent for people taking it WAAAY too seriously.

its just some times i want to actually "play" Arma for entertainment.

See, there's the problem... "I WANT". It's the same with flatulence, your own always smells best.

Some people like the milsim stuff, and it's not like the series isn't somewhat (in)famous for this aspect.

*YOU* want. That's the key, isn't it ? There's always different ideas of what entertainment is. I play Arma for entertainment too (and yeah, I'm one of the mil-sim guys who take the game waaay to seriously).

Arma has always been about authentic (used to be realistic) simulation-type game play.

Even VBS2 isn't sold as a simulator, its also a sandbox.

Yeah, VBS isn't a simulator, that's why it's sold by BI Simulations, right ?

Yes, arma3 is a game. But you know there are different "types" of games right?

The arma series has always been about simulating realism aspects into the game, so how about people like you come here and complain that the game is too hard, too challenging or boring instead? And yeah VBS2 has all the stuff but theres not much difference between $45 and $600 either right?

Without those people that take the game "waaaaay to seriously" arma wouldnt be arma. It would be just another dumbed down FPS shooter like all the other ones out there. If you want to play a game for your type of entertainment, there are tons of alternative games out there for you, without you having to pay ~$600.

Sounds good for a DLC :cool:

its just some times i want to actually "play" Arma for entertainment.

*creates overly wacked scenario* *makes objective set off a bomb that blows up an entire city* *allows you to play as a bunch of crazy lunatics* Ok, there's the ARMA for entertainment. I'll leave all the features that ARMA has as what ARMA should be because it's ARMA, but I'll create some crazy scenario where you do crazy things and that shall be enough for entertainment. There is... an editor. It is fun, use it to your own amusement, but don't demand for dumbing down of the game.

Surely if they were to add a better medical system it would use modules like the old vanilla one, and indeed ACE uses.

That way people that want it can use it and xyberviri can rest easy knowing Arma is still a game and not a complex simulator.

Surely if they were to add a better medical system it would use modules like the old vanilla one, and indeed ACE uses.

That way people that want it can use it and xyberviri can rest easy knowing Arma is still a game and not a complex simulator.

One would think so ofcourse. Unfortunately one would think so.

I don't see how ACE's 2 medical feature is too hard to make,i know they have other priorities,but,post release maybe?

And for the people saying that they don't want a game with hard,challenging and fun mechanics: maybe ArmA isn't for you,if you are looking for a casual game,there's plenty out there to suit your needs.

Arma has a core fanbase,and since OFP,they want to see it evolve and turn into something greater,not only graphically,but gameplay wise.:whistle: