Sign in to follow this  
thechaos

Grenade launchers and foregrips are attachments too

On topic. If BIS are able to make underslung attachments working as real attachments, they would've done it. Still will if they figure out how to.

Could be problems with animation switching, or the fact that you're trying to add another weapon to your rifle.

So deactivate 4th slot for weapons with UGL and leave it open for other weapons. They can switch animations between different weapons and 9 stances but can not switch hand position? I just don't see how it's possible

Edited by IsaacWraith

It's right - grenades form UGL and even RPG don't explode on close range in real life.
Real grenades are made that way. 40mm rounds need travel speed to build up enough force/pressure to arm themselfs.

I knew someone will say this. I know about arming distance. My point was if you get hit directly by 40mm you would probably have a grenade jammed in your stomach. ;) In game it should be compensated as death/injury, depending on where you get hit. Right now you get hit in the head and your like; nope, nothing. :)

I knew someone will say this. I know about arming distance. My point was if you get hit directly by 40mm you would probably have a grenade jammed in your stomach. ;) In game it should be compensated as death/injury, depending on where you get hit. Right now you get hit in the head and your like; nope, nothing. :)

Yes it's funny, but I think that using UGL like stun gun is strange decision :)

Yes it's funny, but I think that using UGL like stun gun is strange decision :)

well if they use PhysX in the new engine "VR4" i think global physical laws will exist in all characters and objects

+1 for detachable GLs, foregrips and bipods and whatever items you can mount on the rail under your barrel. Even tough there is a huge variaty of how you can mount or dismount a specific attachment on a specific rifle, most GLs can be and actually are mounted within seconds.

But somehow I got the feeling, that ARMA Devs did think about the above mentioned fact, and it has a certain reason why that feature is not yet implemented or "worked around" :)

I asked about this and I believe it was Vespa that said they were having problems getting it to work.

Hopefully this will change for final release (or even post release/expansion pack)

Hopefully this will change for final release (or even post release/expansion pack)

I hope so.

ill be happy if we can bring it down to 2 versions of guns in the create:

with ugl and with bottom rail

i see the problem not with the animations, because we can have multible reload animations, but with the mempoints for the ugl

Well, we have 160 votes for UGL, 144 for foregrip and 116 for bipod now.

Not bad :)

It's probably this way due to an engine limitation or 'too much trouble than its worth' rather than BI not being aware of the fact you can detach them in reality.
Pretty much what Vespa said past year, no plans to go past the existing number of attachment points.

I think that attachments that are screwed on should have a set timer for detachment on the weapon for realism sake, idk if tools should be implemented to make it more complicated though.