Sign in to follow this  
thevisad

Arma 3 Restarter.exe server monitor

thanks for this BTW very handy before i got my hands on the dedi files :p

Not a problem!

I am making the newer version handle either Arma 2 or Arma 3, if it detects the beta (arma 2 ) or dedi server (arma 3) it will use that, otherwise it will fall back to the main exe. This way those who do not have the dedicated server will still be able to use this. One caveat will be the Headless Client, it may not work until I can identify the process of the HC vs the Server.

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

Updated top post with new file, it now supports Arma 2 and Arma 3. It will detect if there is a dedicated server present in the case of Arma 3 or the beta server in the case of Arma 2. If these do not exist it will fall back to the game exe and use the -server command to run a server. In the case of a -client switch being used, it will auto fall back to the proper game exe and run the headless client based on this. Please let me know if you guys run into any problems with the latest build.

So this can handle restarting the HC on a box running dedicated server? Thanks!!

Nice, I was wonder'n if you were going to do something like this! THANKS!!

The only problem i can forsee is the HC option, as they changed some security "things" that make it impossible to run an HC and your Client at the same time on the same PC with the same Steam account.. (As we have been doing it!)

You now have to purchase (BS!!!) another copy of the game to use the HeadlessClient...

Edited by Lordprimate

Is there an option to tell the restarter.exe to NOT use the Arma 2 beta patch?

I have just tried to use the new version. However I have hit a snag. It will not load the server.cfg, Each time it runs I get the dialog box saying Running arma3server.exe and all the files that should be with it. Like it did before, but everytime I go into the game to connect, my server has gone back to a generic server using the computers name. As if it has simply ignored the .cfg settings.

Can you give any insight to the problem?

BTW the server files name's and locations as well as the .cfg for your program are exactly the same as I used before, and it worked perfectly then.

I have notived, at with the new version you can't have any spacebars in your folder/cfg names anymore.

Our folder was called "Public Server 1" and we had to rename it to "PublicServer1". Maybe thats the problem for you?

I can confirm, that the new restarter.exe works fine, although some servers are trying to open the server again and again (even though it is already running)

and gonna spam me with steam warnings "App is already running"...

I thought that was always a problem?

That's why any time you had to use a space you had to put the entire command in " "

I have notived, at with the new version you can't have any spacebars in your folder/cfg names anymore.

Our folder was called "Public Server 1" and we had to rename it to "PublicServer1". Maybe thats the problem for you?

I can confirm, that the new restarter.exe works fine, although some servers are trying to open the server again and again (even though it is already running)

and gonna spam me with steam warnings "App is already running"...

Hmmm, I will check it when I get back, I am out in Den Hagg right now.

IMO as a general rule it is never wise to put spaces in anything 'path' related.

Will this be updated to work with the now released arma3server.exe on stabile branch, instead of using arma3.exe?

Will this be updated to work with the now released arma3server.exe on stabile branch, instead of using arma3.exe?

It currently already does this, if it identifies that the server is in place it will use that instead of the game exe.

Well, it doesn't pack the server exe for me. It keeps using the ArmA3.exe.

I tried renaming the arma3.exe so it doesn't find it, but then the application just doesn't start.

Is there a config to add or something I'm missing?

I suppose the "steamPort = ; steamQueryPort = ;" parameters are not working with the current restarter.exe?

These parameters are needed to run multiple servers with the DS on one machine.

Well, it doesn't pack the server exe for me. It keeps using the ArmA3.exe.

I tried renaming the arma3.exe so it doesn't find it, but then the application just doesn't start.

Is there a config to add or something I'm missing?

Having the exact same issue, it wont use the dedicated server files :/

I suppose the "steamPort = ; steamQueryPort = ;" parameters are not working with the current restarter.exe?

These parameters are needed to run multiple servers with the DS on one machine.

Good point, this should deff be added to the restarter.

Hello, I seem to be having trouble again...

I cannot get my HC to connect to a passworded server again... It keeps saying wrong password given but i know that its the right password. Can someone else confirm this I do believe it is a valid issue and not just my problem.

Please and Thank you!

I'm trying to use this tool with AiA mod.

I've to modify the modline with the quotes from

-mod=@bla;@blabla;

to

"-mod=@mods"

How can i do that?

I tried in the .ini file to put the quotes but it doesn't work...

Sorry to be a tool but has anyone done a real guide on how to use this, I have zero experience of MP and most of this goes straight over my head.

I under stand I need a basic.cfg file but don't know where or how to obtain one.

I also read about a registry file again with no pointer to where it can be found.

I'm only into edition so need a way to test MP scripting.

Can anyone help please.

Hello, there, I get to run the restarter when I connected to steam but it does not want when I cut it, it tries to restart steam. I have the steam_appid file placed in the root of my server. Do you have a solution to this problem? thank you in advance.

I noticed one thing... The server is starter with arma3.exe with option -server if used with an HC client ( server & HC in same restarter.ini ).

If I only put into restarter.ini only the server, it starts using arma3server.exe

This could be solved?