Sign in to follow this  
thevisad

Arma 3 Restarter.exe server monitor

This restarter.exe (same as in the DayZ hive) has been modified to allow usage with Arma 3. I have given some examples of the usage of it in the INI file and included a txt file as well. All three are required to run multiple Arma 3 servers. This will allow you to run a server without steam causing an issue and kicking the server since it's already running. The restarter now supports Arma 2 and Arma 3. It will detect if there is a dedicated server present in the case of Arma 3 or the beta server in the case of Arma 2. If these do not exist it will fall back to the game exe and use the -server command to run a server. In the case of a -client switch being used, it will auto fall back to the proper game exe and run the headless client based on this.

A included a required registry fix for Arma 3 crashing as well. When Arma 3 crashes this pops up the "This app has crashed" dialog box. This will prevent the restarter tool from properly restarting the server as needed. Run this registry file and it will remove this allowing the application to crash completely and retarter to work its magic.

Included in the package is a steam_app.txt file. This file is required to be able to run multiple servers at the same time. Without this you can only run 1 server.

13sXO?do=download

Download Here : http://abighole.hngamers.com/1llXN

Server/Client supported config options

noSound ( automatic setting )

nosplash ( automatic setting )

maxMem ( max system memory to use )

exThreads ( base 0 number of threads )

cpuCount ( number of cpus in machine )

name ( profile name )

profiles ( profile path )

cfg ( basic config path\filename )

config ( config path\filename )

mod ( @Gigha )

world ( stratis, your world, etc)

ip (ip address)

port (port number)

netlog (true\false)

server ( client\server )

filepatching ( true\false ) NOTE true enables switch -noFilePatching

initthis ( init on loading )

Client Supported Options

connectip ( servers ip )

connectport (servers port )

password ( servers password )

Server Supported Options

rankingfile ( ranking file path\filename )

Sample Config File

[Global]

[hngamers_1_stratis]

name=Reality

profiles=hngamers_1.stratis

config=hngamers_1.stratis\config.cfg

cfg=hngamers_1.stratis\basic.cfg

world=stratis

port=2326

cpuCount=2

exThreads=7

netlog=true

server=server

filepatching=false

rankingfile=hngamers_1.stratis\ranking.log

[hngamers_2_stratis]

name=RealityHC

profiles=hngamers_2.stratis

cpuCount=2

exThreads=7

netlog=false

server=client

connectip=127.0.0.1

connectport=2326

password=whatever

Edited by thevisad
Updated OP with new settings

Is it possible to use this w/o using a profile?

You will use a profile regardless if your doing it via this method or without specifying it. This just keeps the profile in its place for this specific server, allowing you to modify how the profile works without a global change. That being said, you can simply remove the line for the profile and it will use the default location.

That being said, you can simply remove the line for the profile and it will use the default location.

Alright I was just wondering if I remove the profile line if it wouldn't work anymore. Thank You for clarifying.

does this also resolve the issue which only allows the useage of 1 MpMissions folder

does this also resolve the issue which only allows the useage of 1 MpMissions folder

It still uses the normal MpMissions folder, it just allows you to run multiple with their own profiles.

There's some guide/faq for the customization of Restarter.ini ?

OK done, but cfg files are called the opposite

Edited by ramius86

Using the regfile along with my batch. Works pretty good yet! Thank you!

You should tell everyone to Backup their whole Registry first by Exporting it before applying that global regfix. It turns off Error Messaging for every process. :)

Using the regfile along with my batch. Works pretty good yet! Thank you!

You should tell everyone to Backup their whole Registry first by Exporting it before applying that global regfix. It turns off Error Messaging for every process. :)

Ill put in a reg file that deletes the key that it inserts so that they can go back to the pre modded version.

Ill put in a reg file that deletes the key that it inserts so that they can go back to the pre modded version.

Thats a good idea aswell!

I would like to use this to run an arm3 server without buying another copy. Can someone explain to me where I put the files and How do i use it?

@SpecterM - extract all of the files in this archive to the root of your Arma folder. Import the registry file, edit the restarter.ini to suit your needs and start the restarter.exe. Inside the ini file are examples already for a 3 server setup. Duplicate/rename the folders in it to set it up, I am using the same folder structure wise for the HNGamers servers which are running 5 instances now.

@SpecterM - extract all of the files in this archive to the root of your Arma folder. Import the registry file, edit the restarter.ini to suit your needs and start the restarter.exe. Inside the ini file are examples already for a 3 server setup. Duplicate/rename the folders in it to set it up, I am using the same folder structure wise for the HNGamers servers which are running 5 instances now.

Thank you for the help. I imported the registry ok. I also renamed my server.cfg to match your format config.cfg. I am not aware of any more configs. I still get this error.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz223/SpecterM/Untitled_zpsa08b755d.jpg (112 kB)

Thank you for the help. I imported the registry ok. I also renamed my server.cfg to match your format config.cfg. I am not aware of any more configs. I still get this error.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz223/SpecterM/Untitled_zpsa08b755d.jpg (112 kB)

That typically means your missing your cfg or something is wrong in it.

here is screen shot of mine configs, maybe this will help out/

http://puu.sh/2ha7S

http://puu.sh/2hacd

got it, im a noob needed the basic.cfg

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I dont see any server control section in the map screen. Is there no way to control the server right now?

That typically means your missing your cfg or something is wrong in it.

here is screen shot of mine configs, maybe this will help out/

http://puu.sh/2ha7S

http://puu.sh/2hacd

Getting an issue, I have tried for hours to get this to work, I ran the DontShowErrorUI.reg also just like you said.

Any help would be awesome, if you or anyone has skype available add me ChadBratton

Here is my issue

http://i.imgur.com/QZVQzSA.png

QZVQzSA.png

Getting an issue, I have tried for hours to get this to work, I ran the DontShowErrorUI.reg also just like you said.

Any help would be awesome, if you or anyone has skype available add me ChadBratton

Here is my issue

First thing I notice is that your steam is running, which should not be the case. Make sure you have the steam_app.txt file in the root of your folder. Don't mod the number inside of it. Second [hngamers_1.stratis] should be [hngamers_1_stratis]

Thanks for this, has it been implemented?

Updated the main post with the updated link, this contains a revert option to remove the error handling registry key.

I have fixed the issue where I was logged into steam.

I am now faced with a new issue.

The port is not being used by another server. I have tried multiple different ports. I blacked out the IP for the photo.

B2myeaO.png