Sign in to follow this  
SmallBlackSheep

Upgrading Digital Deluxe to Supporter Edition possible?

Is it somehow possible to upgrade my Digital Deluxe edition to the Supporter Edition?

I know it's possible to upgrade your account in the Warframe Beta (because I spent quite a bit of money on that lol).

I'm asking because the game is much better than I expected and I'd like to opt in on the future DLCs and - of course - support the devs.

We're glad to hear you are positively surprised by the Alpha :) An upgrade is not currently possible, but we are looking at options and will let people know if they do become available.

We're glad to hear you are positively surprised by the Alpha :) An upgrade is not currently possible, but we are looking at options and will let people know if they do become available.

I'd like that!

I just refunded 2x SE's. (Day 1 troubles with transactions). And i got one Deluxe Edition activated.

x1 Supporter Edition upgrade please :D

glad to hear it, thank you!

I think BIS should consider this. BIS must have lost a lot of Supporter Ed buyers due to the release day snafus with most early buyers going to Steam and not having an option to buy the Supporter Ed.

Same here I was ready to buy the supporter Edition, but gave up after 8 hours... I have thought about just dropping the $92 and get it again, but I'd like to be able to transfer a copy to a friend then.

Nice to hear.

I, too, would upgrade from DD. I had intended on purchasing the supporter edition from the start, but after an hour of trying to purchase it and failing, I just went to Steam and bought it. It was kind of silly when my friend who I Steam gifted a copy to was playing before I was even able to buy the game. :P

Keep in mind, it sounds logistically difficult for BIS to simply do an in-place upgrade. Since you purchased a bundle of items under a single SKU# from the store that had a unique STEAM Key assigned too it, you can't merely return the previous SKU# and buy an upgraded SKU# without the system assigning a new STEAM Key automatically (The old key can not be revoked without the help of STEAM Merchant support services).... granting you 2 STEAM keys for the price of 1 (meaning BIS pays double the Steam Merchant Service Fees). The added bonuses such as ARMA: Cold War and ARMA: X are connected to your STEAM Key... they are automatically added to your STEAM Library when you activate your ArmA 3: Alpha Key.

I think that's the challenge BIS is trying to get around.

How to upgrade a players account with the additional product bonuses without having to assign a new STEAM Key. It's kinda of a logistical knot to untangle. I'm sure BIS would be happy to accept players paying them even more money for ArmA.... they just have to figure out how to let you do it without getting screwed over by it somewhere along the way.

Keep in mind, it sounds logistically difficult for BIS to simply do an in-place upgrade. Since you purchased a bundle of items under a single SKU# from the store that had a unique STEAM Key assigned too it, you can't merely return the previous SKU# and buy an upgraded SKU# without the system assigning a new STEAM Key automatically (The old key can not be revoked without the help of STEAM Merchant support services).... granting you 2 STEAM keys for the price of 1 (meaning BIS pays double the Steam Merchant Service Fees). The added bonuses such as ARMA: Cold War and ARMA: X are connected to your STEAM Key... they are automatically added to your STEAM Library when you activate your ArmA 3: Alpha Key.

I think that's the challenge BIS is trying to get around.

How to upgrade a players account with the additional product bonuses without having to assign a new STEAM Key. It's kinda of a logistical knot to untangle. I'm sure BIS would be happy to accept players paying them even more money for ArmA.... they just have to figure out how to let you do it without getting screwed over by it somewhere along the way.

They could just send the ArmA: X keys as well as the keys of the upcoming DLCs (when they are released) by e-mail and add them to your Bohemia Profile.

That was my thought too! I tried to buy the Supporter Edition on Release, couldnt buy it because bistore was not available... I decided to buy the digital deluxe editon then. ...Its not a lot of money when you consider the amount of hours of fun you can have with a game like that. ...and Its allways good to support a true Gamepublisher.

I bought Deluxe on Steam in a very quick decision, and I was thinking that was the Supporter edition.

I'd like to upgrade ASAP.

BTW, I got all titles since OFP1, but have been away from playing since ArmA I.

I'm in somewhat the same boat

I bought the regular Arma 3 Alpha on Steam and want to upgrade it to the Supporter Edition. Is it still not possible to do so?

Yes, I too had major release day issues on the BIS Store and was trying to purchase a Supporter's Edition. Ending up just getting the base game from Steam.

I would happily upgrade to Supporters edition (from Alpha not DDE) if given the option.

No, it's not possible

Read this

Well, that kinda blows.. :(

why not just release a download on steam that contains just the products in the additional product. That way you dont have to blow more money on another game, and you get the things you want.