Tuliq

[SCRIPT]Basic killticker

you need to add it to your npc init script as well...

so the npc who kills you also has executed it before...

To add kill detection to units created during mission, run the following command after creation:

yourunitName spawn tlq_killTicker;

What do you mean, after creation ?

Where I have to put this line ?

nice fucking script by the way !!!

I installed Your Killticker addon last night and It works just fine. I being from the Counter Strike and BF1942 (Desert Combat Mod) era not seeing some sort of counter or ticker on my A3 game screen made my missions look a little naked.  Now I don't have to wonder about whom killed who.  The installation instructions you included were clear and easy to follow.  I will use it on my A3 dedicated server when I finish building it. 

!Bravo & Very Well Done,

P.s, This killticker addon of Your's  should be an option included in Arma 4..

in arma4 i hope they add the function to give the used weapon for the kill as a value... now its the actual weapon of the killer...

when you shoot a rocket and change back to your sidearm you get the sidearm as used weapon which got an explosive shot ^^

also it doesnt work well with grenades etc

Make your zeus mission, then as an admin global execute %unitname% spawn tlq_killTicker; and it should handle the processing of script needs for the functions.

Hi all, sorry to.necro a thread but....

How would I write this so it handles newly spawned units from the spawnAI module

I did the x spawn kill ticker for each all units in the expression field of the module but I think its attaching the event handler to units that are supposed to already have it....ie I get 2,3,4 hints of kills done by the same unit on the same unit.

Thanks for any insights and sry again for the necro