Sign in to follow this  
Feint

Arma3: Take On Helicopters

I take it that, since OA AND ArmA 3 Alpha were both updated today, the patch or part of it has rolled out?

Seems to be. Does anybody know how to get this new patch for OA on Steam? I was able to update ArmA III to this new build, but OA hasn't been updated, so this conversion stuff is MIA for me.

I don't have the Hind for TOH, but I would guess it would work about the same as the AH-6 (weapons worked).

Probably wouldnt work, you couldn't get the full version of A2 DLCs to work in ToH either due to their file protection.

I would like to ask if Dwarden could confirm or deny the Hinds being officially compatable with A3 at some point, as with all the other A2 DLCs.

I have a few things that I have implemented from TOH as well..

Will post later when I'm back on home pc...

Basically it is going to help non models become sort of modders....

I'll se if I can write a small script so you guys can see the changes...

if you will write down how to get TOH expert model working in arma 3 i'm buying it now and stop using demo (lite)

hello everyone

1.) are the 4 instruments(altitude, airspeed indicator, attitude indicator, vertical velocity indicator with torque and a compass) from tkoh, which are at the bottom of the screen, also available in arma 3-helicopters ?????????

2.) if you put the tkoh-helicopter into arma 3 these 4 instruments won`t work (due to the video of Feint).

is it planned to fix this problem ?????????

greetings from austria ;)

hello everyone

1.) are the 4 instruments(altitude, airspeed indicator, attitude indicator, vertical velocity indicator with torque and a compass) from tkoh, which are at the bottom of the screen, also available in arma 3-helicopters ?????????

2.) if you put the tkoh-helicopter into arma 3 these 4 instruments won`t work (due to the video of Feint).

is it planned to fix this problem ?????????

greetings from austria ;)

1) Negative. As you noticed in the video, these instruments don't work, unfortunately.

2) Negative, but you're welcome to try. If you want to try, take a look at the configs of the helicopters for A3 and TKOH. You'll see the items present in TKOH configs that are missing from A3. You could play around with copying and pasting items from TKOH into A3 and redoing the configs to take advantage of the copied files, but it might be difficult to get all of the bugs out. It would be a good learning exercise, but I'd personally wait to see what BI plans to do with the flight model of A3 helicopters. Originally, they stated that the flight model from TKOH was going to be present in A3. I don't know if that plan has changed or if it is still a go. Time will tell.

Thanks for the questions. Good luck and greetings from the USA!

How did you do this mate? I tried making a folder called @TOH and inside AddOns then put the .pbos into there but I cant find them in the editor

Never mind I done it. No sound for helis but sound for planes. Although when going into first person in the cargo plane you dont get a cockpit view.

Edited by KDK11

if i remember well the president one and the civil NH90's interiors are present in A3 . Is it possible to assemble in new choppers with TOH textures?

Hi, I know it's an old topic, but I only recently discovered this.

Is there any updates in the past few years?

I have Take On as well, but directly port on terrain caused many graphic glitches such as disappearing buildings