Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

Internet going down when Playing ARMA 2

This always seemed to happen once in awhile in ARMA 2 and Dayz, but now it's happening constantly in ARMA 3.

Upon joining a game, I will get "no message recieved" within 1-10 minutes. The really strange thing is when this happens, MY ENTIRE INTERNET GOES OUT! It kicks me and my room mates internet off completely. I have a high speed connection with good bandwidth and this does not happen with anything else but ARMA 2, DAYZ, and most frequently ARMA 3. I would really appreciate help.

This always seemed to happen once in awhile in ARMA 2 and Dayz, but now it's happening constantly in ARMA 3.

Upon joining a game, I will get "no message recieved" within 1-10 minutes. The really strange thing is when this happens, MY ENTIRE INTERNET GOES OUT! It kicks me and my room mates internet off completely. I have a high speed connection with good bandwidth and this does not happen with anything else but ARMA 2, DAYZ, and most frequently ARMA 3. I would really appreciate help.

What kind of network card are you using? Wireless?

I had a somewhat similar problem with my wireless linksys pci card, I had to uninstall the drivers that windows picked out for it (2009) and then reinstall the lastest drivers manually from linksys.

No I use direct connect via a modem, then a router (which is direct connected to my PC, but broadcasts Wi Fi out as a hub for my room mate's laptop).

I can confirm this my friend! I had it yesterday when I let my arma run in the background and I couldn't do anything except for me thinking "Well back to arma then".

So yes something is actually cutting off the internet! :/

EDIT:

I have it connected via a straight cable from my router to my pc.

From most of this I would blame ur router lots of them have a max connections limit 500 or less and the arma server list the way it handles pings can overload this very fast go direct to modem if possible or update router firmware or setup a server dns/dhcp that controls ur router and ur router works as a switch (aka yes u can even have it still do wireless with encryption)

I had exactly this in Armed Assault, ArmA2 and BF2/3. I had it for years too, took me forever to find a solution - turns out it was one of my microfilters, for the main phone of our house. Changed it out, never had problems again since then. Just an idea, maybe worth a try.

Can't you check your router logs for relevant errors?

Maybe it crashes and reboots due to the heavy network usage ArmA has.

I had to disable SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) or turn the packets that could pass to a larger amount for ArmA to communicate with one router and enable QOS to 100% for my pc with another router.

I turned on QoS and SPI was already off. I even made a specific priority QoS rule for Arma's ports. (2302-2305?) Should that work?

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

I had exactly this in Armed Assault, ArmA2 and BF2/3. I had it for years too, took me forever to find a solution - turns out it was one of my microfilters, for the main phone of our house. Changed it out, never had problems again since then. Just an idea, maybe worth a try.

I don't even have home phone service, just cell phones.

Edited by FrankDaTank1218

This was also happening to me in Arma 2 (rarely, but still happening). It was really annoying, and I hope it won't come back in Arma 3!

Heh, I thought I was the only one. I went to host a mission I made yesterday and literally my internet shut off...at the modem. I walked up to it and the usually green internet light was off. Restarted the router and it was fine. Tried to host it again and same thing happened. Apparently my mission is so good it breaks the internet =P

Just in case anyone cares, my motherboard went to crap, I replaced it, and it hasn't happened for two months despite heavy use. I think the Ethernet port on my old Mobo just got damaged somehow.

Just in case anyone cares, my motherboard went to crap, I replaced it, and it hasn't happened for two months despite heavy use. I think the Ethernet port on my old Mobo just got damaged somehow.

Well, my motherboard is new, and this bug happens pretty randomly (it only happened once in A3). It's either my internet, a game bug or some kind of software conflict.

So it happens in other games as well? You can rule out Arma 3 as the culprit then.

So it happens in other games as well? You can rule out Arma 3 as the culprit then.

No, only in A2 and A3. Sometimes I get disconnected in Dota 2, but I'm not sure if it's the same like in Arma...

So it does happen in other games then? :confused:

I'm now pretty sure it happens in other games. Not sure what the problem is though... I'm going to investigate it.

Well, my motherboard is new, and this bug happens pretty randomly (it only happened once in A3). It's either my internet, a game bug or some kind of software conflict.

Well, I went from an Asus p8p67 Revision 3.0 to a Gigabyte Z77, it's likely that the Bios/firmware on the old one caused software conflicts with high load online programs and games. My CPU slot burned out anyway so I needed a new one regardless.

This happens to me also (and it used to happen when I played Sniper Elite V2).....I'm convinced it's a Steam issue.

BUT....it never happened until that Steam shit was introduced in the Arma3 patch :(

Tom

I've said this before in other thread(s) but I got this issue in A2 for some time. My whole internet crashed after 1 min of gameplay in MP. It happened about a month but then it suddenly never happened again and I never got the answer what caused it. I've retail A2 so it wasn't Steam issue in my end. I just can share the feelings because it was pretty annoying.

happens to me also, mostly on arma2

I would suggest checking your router and if you have a game mode on the router try enabling that.

I would suggest checking your router and if you have a game mode on the router try enabling that.

don't have "game mode", im on router tg782 thomspon.

For the sake of testing you could just bypass the router and connect your pc directly, then if it doesn't occur reconnect the router and try it again, If it happens with out the router you should start checking other things.