Sign in to follow this  
Danlord

Arma 3 (2040) will there be DLCs based on 2000/2010?

Bump (Because I want to hear everybodys opinion)

I must agree with the people above me: Playing (for example TLR) and going as indeps with AKs screaming Alluh Ackbar is much more fun then driving around in your unmanned robot car..

I think there will be much more multiplayer missions with civilian based vehicles/guns then with hundreds of drones flying into eachother. Example: Tlr Wasteland Zargabad and City Life etc. And alot of people seem to enjoy the wars between AKs/RPGs and high military equipment.

Hey guys, I like arma 3 but the things I dont like: The map stratis (I know there will be other maps but I dont like the way it looks.)

And that it is based on 2040. Arma 2 was a army simulator but I see arma 3 as a sci fi game..

The 1 thing I hate about games is the sci fi..

But will there be specific DLC for arma3? or do we have to do it with the mods??

I do not see the game extremely futuristic, but i do agree that the map does not fit the arma series at all. It is like being on holiday and suddenly getting up from a hammock in the beach, get a gun and go to fight strange iranians with odd insect style glasses.

Hope someone creates a real conflict scenario map :)

Only read the first few posts, but it seems people are scared of arma 3 being extremely future-istic.

It's not.

EBR - In service today.

MX - The future military designation of the ACR/MASADA which today features the ability to swap barrels for 7.62, 6.8, 5.56, AND 6.5. Also quite possible could be the robinson arms XCR but seems more likely the ACR since it's different configurations feature the entire myriad of magpul stocks.

MXM - Nothing more than an MX or ACR/MASADA with a magpul prs stock and 7.62 configuration. People use this configuration today.

SDAR - Keltechs RFB

Tavor - Israeli Service Rifle

Khatiba - 6.5 version of the currently issued Khaybar (which was posted by someone in these forums to also be in the game, the khaybar is the 5.56 version)

Rook - MP 443

P07 - Walther P99

Khatiba - Nothing more than a 6.5 configured rifle of the kh2002 rifle family. The kh2002 itself is also known as the khaybar and is a current iranian issue weapon. It is a bullpop version of a chinese rifle which itself was a chinese clone of our m16.

Too lazy to go into the details of the vehicle mounted weapons, but those weapons and the vehicles themselves are also in existence today. Even the IFRIT which is used by the Russian Special forces and security details.

The only unrealistic or fictional thing about arma 3 is the story line which creates plausible for iranian access to the the IFRIT and new RPG launchers (rpg 32s exist today, called 42 in arma 3) as well as nato troops or american troops having contracts with new gun manufactureres to arm our troops with the MX rifles (acr) rather than the ar15 or scar family and replacing humvees with more MRAP's which is already happening. (my friend's squad didn't even patrol in humvee's when he was deployed, he said only mraps just like the ones in arma 3.)

EDIT: On a side note, mods will take care of everything, and i doubt any of us will be playing arma 3 vanilla when it releases... who played arma 2 vanilla, was always with ace mod and acre at MINIMUM and sometimes more. Our group played with 20 mods at once providing us 300 weapons and configurations. Everything from WW2 to Mechs will exist when this game comes out. Got a friend currently modding a GHost in the SHell mod. He has stealth generators and is working on brain hacking with an included GUI. All will exist.

EDIT 2: On second thought, maybe people haven't noticed the big change in arma 3. It's not that everything is sci fi, the biggest change is that it is no longer asymmetrical warfare as in high tech vs low tech of modern armed troops vs terrorists with old soviet era ak47's, it's now two modern armies with backing from superpowers fighting in a proxy war.

Edited by DavidCastle

for me to many prototypes in arma then will never come out ;) nothing for me - will wait

mod - no thanks - 10 tanks cars and planes and no baseline in the function / quality / weapons balance / options :j: i hope bis will make a dlc with actual weapons - i buy it ! 10- 25 € pfff i will buy it ^^ and a green big landmass to ^^ 25€ is ok for me ;)

[B]complete country army dlc s - with balnce to the vanilla stuff and the bis quality ... a dream [/b] i will buy it . France /Germany/ Scandinavia/ Britain / Russia all 3 months a other for blue or redside

or better - all this on the free green army side - then we can made fictional fun wars country with country - free from the US pax americana world domination war shit .......

nice will buy this ... or not ? is your money BIS ;)

a fucking dream free sides --- i with my german comrades vs the other side my france comrades and all have her own stuff ( lovely )

Edited by JgBtl292

for me to many prototypes in arma then will never come out ;) nothing for me - will wait

mod - no thanks - 10 tanks cars and planes and no baseline in the function / quality / weapons balance / options :j: i hope bis will make a dlc with actual weapons - i buy it ! 10- 25 € pfff i will buy it ^^ and a green big landmass to ^^ 25€ is ok for me ;)

None are prototypes. They exist now. Only a question of whether the army provides a contract to those companies, or expands existing contracts and whether or not russia and china continue to support iran.

As for mods, I have found the mods I used mods to be of HIGHER quality than the vanilla game. Mods like ace and acre made the game more realistic than vanilla. the RH weapon packs added more realistic acting weapons than vanilla with a better shooting feel and more configurations. Same goes for maps. Lingor, Panthera, and Clafghan they were all MUCH better than vanilla. Also free. and very easy to install. Also since these are user created and there is usually a different creator for each, you bascially have a developer with a specialization in each individual part of your game experience with entire forums and communities of other editors to help fix bugs. Manpower BIS doesn't have and recognizes. They themselves even note many times that they create the canvas by creating the arma 3 game with it's engine, but mod makers will do the rest.

In the end, this is just my opinion. But they will do dlcs. They even say in supporter edition you get DLC's free. why else unless there are some. Those that want vanilla functionality with great dlc's will have it. those that want a custom experience tailored to their every needs will also have it. the beauty of the arma series.

the all killing railgun tank ? the comanche copter ? / the ka50 / mi28 hybrid copter - no... not one :D

You could make it yourself. My friend started learning to mod just a week and a half ago and he already has learned how to implement full entire new units. You could do this yourself. If you can't model, find a model already made. I'm sure somewhere on the internet someone has modeled one of those things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyJaE7ZAM7U - the KA40 AND mi28 right here in arma 3

- skip to 6 minutes and there is the comanche in arma 3

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media.desura.com/images/groups/1/3/2074/arma3_screenshot_1107_009.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t%3D1250084%26page%3D3&h=720&w=1280&sz=603&tbnid=nlAzS3ssbP-7yM:&tbnh=69&tbnw=122&zoom=1&usg=__cTZsjoH7va2dExy3XsSZY8Bm5iM=&docid=CDeFGiZssQUbRM&sa=X&ei=Fq9LUb6oG8njigLilYCoAQ&ved=0CEIQ9QEwAQ&dur=3350

is this the railgun tank you want?

Looks like arma 3 is all you need =) all those things are included and free =D

Now, this will be racist in some peoples eyes. But I'm missing shooting Arabs in Turbans wielding AKs and trying to blow up everything I own. I much prefer being blown up by an IED rather than a KA-60. I've never liked fighting against an organized military. I want people yelling at me Allah u-Ackbar!! As they set off a bomb. I want to try and control crowds of routy citizens while making sure that there isn't a Taliban in the mob. I want to search caves, and houses for caches. I want to be ambushed by things that can't lock on to me.

But alas, I'll be told "GO DO IT YOURSELF AND MOD" Well I can't and I certainly can't put the time into learning. I'll leave the ACE to modding a beautiful mod. AND I shall wait patiently.

Whos to say there won't be that in the full game. You have no idea what they are planning.

I would buy Cold War Crisis conversion for ArmA3 ASAP. And that Vietnam mod also, if it were finished official product.

Yes, fanboys ruin everything. They say "developer...take my money...". As a consequence, developers become lazy, stop listening to customers. They do not need to work hard to earn their bread, and slowly the game evolves to accomodate the desires of current and future fanbabies. I want this hatchet,... can we get killstreak system?...in the meantime developers abandom their values slowly and become profit-oriented,and consequently start many different projects, so they do not concentrate on their main product, but on space crafts and helicopters, the later of which could be implemented within their main commercial game easily...

Anyways, this Developer, BI, still produces the best game in the market.

Hope i am wrong, and their initial spirit never disappears ;)

Edited by -=Borz=-

DLC, lol.

Welcome to ArmA, friend. BiS won't be gouging us with DLC purchases. All new addition will be free and made by the community. This is a good thing.

Even a cursory glance at their product lineup with show you that BIS do indeed make DLC, and I expect to see plenty for Arma 3.

Edited by Deepfried

You guys do remember that Operation Arrowhead was an expansion and that blufor and redfor were symmetrical in Arma 2 and hell, if we toss in logistic capability and not the tech as it actually is then Operation Flashpoint and Arma 1 were as well.

If you want to play as independants with low tech then you can, there will be that faction just as there always has been.