Sign in to follow this  
Danlord

Arma 3 (2040) will there be DLCs based on 2000/2010?

Arma does have DLC.. Only they call it expensions..

Wiki Page.

Downloadable Content...

And if that car is the replacement of the hummer. Is it then based on 2035? Because you arent gonna drive more the 20 years with the same car..

False, most military equipments serve much longer than that.

Humvee was introduced in 1984, that was 29 years ago, and it is still "younger" than Abrams (1980) or Paladin (1960s).

B-52 was introduced in 1952, and scheduled to retire in 2040.

the reason Humvee being replaced not because of age, but because it no longer fulfill current requirement in combat. It was originally designed as an unarmored car. But current usage requires an armored vehicle in similar role.

Didn't the Supporter Package mentioned that those who bought it will be entitled to any DLC in the future, and it specifically state that it does not include any expansion pack. So this means the DLC it refers to is DLC, and not expansions.

I have no problem with it by the way. Just pointing out that there will probably be DLC in ARMA 3.

Any DLC, "if any".

Any DLC, "if any".

Yeah, I understand its not certain at this point. But I guess they are seriously considering it if they decided to state it there.

By the way, OP, it's 2035, not 2040. Just throwing that out there. There's not any sci-fi in the game by the way. Being future doesn't make the game sci-fi. Show me the spaceships and the laser weapons and then I'll believe that it's sci fi. Yeah, there will be unmanned vehicles (in existance 2000-2010). Iranians have an integrated, networked helmet (already been prototyped by Natick Soldier System as Land Warrior and Future Combat Systems between 2000-2010). There are helicopters, airplanes, tanks, cars, just like there are from 2000-2010. So explain what is science fiction about this stuff. There most likely will NOT be any 2000-2010 DLC. Wait for mods to come out.

Caseless ammunition in that form factor is science fiction, 82mm mortar rounds that can travel that far is science fiction.

Also caseless ammunition could be considered science fiction because with the current technology from the G11 they're applying, it's just not ready for the battlefield. We'll see various forms of plastic/polymor casings to reduce weight instead, hell I'll be surprised if they go away completely from the 5.56x45mm Nato, I'm willing to bet that they'll keep that round, but change the casings to polymor instead.

Edited by CruiseMissile

OP I'm right there with you. Yes everyone it's not a "sci-fi" experience but the Iranian Armored car... it makes me cringe. the fact that they have weapons that don't exist. I just feel out of touch. It's becoming too futuristic. Not Sci-Fi, but it's like a mix of the wide scale of ARMA with a dumbed down version of Ghost Recon future soldier. It's always with the damn Hexagons. They ruin it for me. XD

If you mean this (sci fi) car I can say its a real russian prototype

attachment.php?attachmentid=192053&d=1355640905

^thank you getting that, couldn't find it :D

BTW, "DLC, if any". If any is just a disclaimer to cover their arse if they decide not to make DLC. That way they can say "we never promised anything" when people bitch and moan if no DLC is made.

Real military stuff is actually MORE advanced in some cases than we see in ArmA 3. People whine all the time about the whole tab targeting thing for example, yet even that is somewhat redundant compared to the FCS in things like the Apache that does it all for you. You just point your head at it and hit fire and it prioritises things for you. This is hardly new either. It may be new on the infantry level, but these kind of visor huds are decades old in aircraft, so it stands to reason we'll see them at some point for infantry. There were programmes like Landwarrior that did exactly this.

I'm glad to finally have a more capable main OPFOR again too. It becomes boring shooting at brown people with weapons older than your grandparents with the most sophisticated thing they have to use is a pager connected to some explosives they stole that sets them off when you phone it. We have MODS for anything else. It's a sandbox game remember, it's down to how you make the missions, you have the option to use these things or not, so why should they not bother simply because you don't like them in situation X when you don't have to use them?

Also have others have said here and in other threads, a lot of this stuff EXISTS already, either in current use or in actual working prototype stages. It's also based on trends. A higher calibre round has been desired for years with NATO forces, 5.56 was designed for an era of warfare that never really happened (much like the majority of gear currently in use). Things like the Abrams were designed for head to head armour charges which is why they have rather mediocre protection on the back and sides compared to newer tanks like the Challengers and Leopard 2's for example.

If you don't like it, don't use them. Wait for the mods, or import old content which people have already done with very little work.

MX rifle series is fictional. Some AFV's et are nothing but concepts yet will be incorporated in ArmA with weapon systems etc. It is science fiction.

The MX actually isn't fictional--it's the Robinson Arms XCR. The round it fires is fictional, and I actually do agree that having the US adopt a currently nonexistent caseless round in the next 22 years is implausible (also, while the XCR is designed for easy calibre change, I'm skeptical that it would actually work with a caseless round).

Personally, I can't see an organization as hidebound as the US military replacing 5.56x45mm that soon, but if they were going to I think it would more likely be one of the various real-world alternatives that have been developed in recent years, such as 6.8mm SPC or .300 Blackout.

^thank you getting that, couldn't find it :D

BTW, "DLC, if any". If any is just a disclaimer to cover their arse if they decide not to make DLC. That way they can say "we never promised anything" when people bitch and moan if no DLC is made.

They said in an interview that it depended on the success of the game. No reason to spew out DLCs if no one is playing.

But it is safe to say that they got their share of copies sold :)

Google Translated from German:

Gamestar: What are your plans for DLC ARMA 3?

Joris: Our DLC plans are always dependent on the success of the main game. We hope for a success so that we can make some cool DLC.

Source: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/arma-3/artikel/arma_3_interview_mit_projektleiter_joris_jan_van_t_land,46950,3009968.html

I know how you feel OP...

I don't like this time/era aswell,i think it would have been better if they created a WW3 scenario in our current time involving eastern nations vs western nations.Or even going back to the Cold War(yeah,this would be awesome).

But nonetheless,i know they are making a great work with Arma 3...And i expect some breath taking features to come. :D

Edited by Alistair

I hate this time and era with a passion, its the only thing I really hate about this game. The fictional guns, the suits, its just something I can`t swallow. I never liked anything futuristic. There are many wars you can choose from and they could have gone 2 maybe 3 years in the future and still use the same equipment as modern day but with some new enhancements. instead they jump 20 years in the future to create their own fictional war with fictional weapons.

I praise BIS for everything else they did with arma 3 because its awesome, but damn BIS why did you have to jump into the future like COD.

I hate this time and era with a passion, its the only thing I really hate about this game. The fictional guns, the suits, its just something I can`t swallow. I never liked anything futuristic. There are many wars you can choose from and they could have gone 2 maybe 3 years in the future and still use the same equipment as modern day but with some new enhancements. instead they jump 20 years in the future to create their own fictional war with fictional weapons.

I praise BIS for everything else they did with arma 3 because its awesome, but damn BIS why did you have to jump into the future like COD.

Oh it's good to have a laugh before bed time :D

, but damn BIS why did you have to jump into the future like COD.

Why do people compare every game that involves shooting with CoD? All it shows is how succesful CoD really is, since it has to be mentioned and used as a milestone all the time.

Your comment doesn't make any sense. COD has only had one game set in the future (Black Ops 2) with the rest of them being set either in WW2 and alternate-history Cold War and contemporary eras with even more sci-fi technology than we have so far seen in ARMA 3. Sure, you could pick some contemporary conflict, but I'm going to wager a guess and say that the devs wanted a bit more creative license rather than to retread over the same material that they have worked on in various stages since 2001.

Why do people compare every game that involves shooting with CoD? All it shows is how succesful CoD really is, since it has to be mentioned and used as a milestone all the time.
And this is why Bobby Kotick laughs himself to sleep at night...
Your comment doesn't make any sense. COD has only had one game set in the future (Black Ops 2) with the rest of them being set either in WW2 and alternate-history Cold War and contemporary eras with even more sci-fi technology than we have so far seen in ARMA 3. Sure, you could pick some contemporary conflict, but I'm going to wager a guess and say that the devs wanted a bit more creative license rather than to retread over the same material that they have worked on in various stages since 2001.
I would dare imagine that even the devs have gotten bored of retreading, or at least it ain't the same devs -- sounds like they wanted freedom from "authenticity". ;)

like the Russian stealth cargo planes that could penetrate US air defense, and a couple paratroopers with BTRs overcome whole US armored division...:cool:

like the Russian stealth cargo planes that could penetrate US air defense, and a couple paratroopers with BTRs overcome whole US armored division...:cool:
That's not a problem with "future theme", that's a problem with "terrible writing that absolutely breaks suspension of disbelief by not setting the stage beforehand." :p

it's only matter of time before someone port all A2 units, even missions to A3...

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

actually...the next gen US Army utility car (to replace Humvee) would probably look like that...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a2/BAE_JLTV.jpg

You didn't read it right. I know the NATO car is an MRAP light. I'm talking about the Iranian Car

Also, I've come to conclusion. It's the damn hexagons of the Opfor. Every future set game,.... uses hexagons

Edited by Freighttrain4

The amount of crying babies on these forums is amazing.

Let's just start off by saying something:

If you don't like the equipment represented in the game so much that you feel the need to constantly bitch, don't freakin' play the game. Nobody is strapping you to a chair and forcing you to play. If you want cold war era equipment, get off your ass, learn how to mod, and put some cold war equipment in.

Could not agree more. I don't hate arma (besides the poor CPU multicore utilisation). I just hate this future nonsense.

Could not agree more. I don't hate arma (besides the poor CPU multicore utilisation). I just hate this future nonsense.

We've been in the cold war and in the modern era. Did you expect BI to leave out the near future? :confused:

The amount of crying babies on these forums is amazing.

Let's just start off by saying something:

If you don't like the equipment represented in the game so much that you feel the need to constantly bitch, don't freakin' play the game. Nobody is strapping you to a chair and forcing you to play. If you want cold war era equipment, get off your ass, learn how to mod, and put some cold war equipment in.

Hah you remind of a warz fanboy.

We are discussing the game on the forums as adults. Nobody is forcing you to enter the discussion.

Get back to watching Star Trek.

Hah you remind of a warz fanboy.

We are discussing the game on the forums as adults. Nobody is forcing you to enter the discussion.

Get back to watching Star Trek.

To be perfectly honest here.

An accurate portrayal of the year 2030 isn't nowhere near an Star Trek like future-setting. :D ArmA 4 in the stars maybe!