Sign in to follow this  
Danlord

Arma 3 (2040) will there be DLCs based on 2000/2010?

Hey guys, I like arma 3 but the things I dont like: The map stratis (I know there will be other maps but I dont like the way it looks.)

And that it is based on 2040. Arma 2 was a army simulator but I see arma 3 as a sci fi game..

The 1 thing I hate about games is the sci fi..

But will there be specific DLC for arma3? or do we have to do it with the mods??

Just wait for mods.

I strongly doubt the devs will be making content that won't fit in with what they already have.

DLC, lol.

Welcome to ArmA, friend. BiS won't be gouging us with DLC purchases. All new addition will be free and made by the community. This is a good thing.

I'm pretty sure someone will probably soon port over some ArmA 2 weapons and vehicles, and there will most likely be tons of modders who will re-create real life modern weapons in ArmA 3, so no worries.

DLC, lol.

Welcome to ArmA, friend. BiS won't be gouging us with DLC purchases. All new addition will be free and made by the community. This is a good thing.

OFP: Resistance

Arma: QG Expansion pack

Arma 2 OA expansion pack along with BAF/PMC/ACR DLC

No DLC eh?

By the way, OP, it's 2035, not 2040. Just throwing that out there. There's not any sci-fi in the game by the way. Being future doesn't make the game sci-fi. Show me the spaceships and the laser weapons and then I'll believe that it's sci fi. Yeah, there will be unmanned vehicles (in existance 2000-2010). Iranians have an integrated, networked helmet (already been prototyped by Natick Soldier System as Land Warrior and Future Combat Systems between 2000-2010). There are helicopters, airplanes, tanks, cars, just like there are from 2000-2010. So explain what is science fiction about this stuff. There most likely will NOT be any 2000-2010 DLC. Wait for mods to come out.

+1 Antoine

Oh and the Arma plot lines are set in an alternate timeline/history (Arma-verse) if you're wondering about the plot ;)

By the way, OP, it's 2035, not 2040. Just throwing that out there. There's not any sci-fi in the game by the way. Being future doesn't make the game sci-fi. Show me the spaceships and the laser weapons and then I'll believe that it's sci fi. Yeah, there will be unmanned vehicles (in existance 2000-2010). Iranians have an integrated, networked helmet (already been prototyped by Natick Soldier System as Land Warrior and Future Combat Systems between 2000-2010). There are helicopters, airplanes, tanks, cars, just like there are from 2000-2010. So explain what is science fiction about this stuff. There most likely will NOT be any 2000-2010 DLC. Wait for mods to come out.

MX rifle series is fictional. Some AFV's et are nothing but concepts yet will be incorporated in ArmA with weapon systems etc. It is science fiction.

In 2035 we can look back and say 'well that was silly'. I would much prefer a current era DLC or an A2OA rearmed not a mix of ArmA, BF3 and a future Ghost recon.

Yea, the MX rifle is fictional..how is it sci-fi? Fires a realistic caseless round which the US are using in the LSAT program, in a intermediate cartridge which NATO has been looking at for years. That's good thinking on BIS' part if you ask me.

the vehicles...seriously? The hunter is real, the ifrit is real, the merkava is real, the T-100 is real, the RAH-66 is real the rosomak is real.

Concepts that adhere to modern day technology are NOT science fiction.

How is this like Ghost recon? I can't see the invisibility cloak...

OFP: Resistance

Arma: QG Expansion pack

Arma 2 OA expansion pack along with BAF/PMC/ACR DLC

No DLC eh?

You forgot OFP: Red Hammer. :p

You forgot Red Hammer. :p

Intended to :p It was made by Codemasters and not BIS and I was talking about BIS DLC ;)

Whatever the year and technology is, stay on realistic simulation in anyways is the ultimate reason to make ARMA 3.

I can accept target-tracking bullet, hypersonic missiles, even laser and microwave weapons in this era, as long as it can portray its functionality according to the reality.

Whatever the year and technology is, stay on realistic simulation in anyways is the ultimate reason to make ARMA 3.

I can accept target-tracking bullet, hypersonic missiles, even laser and microwave weapons in this era, as long as it can portray its functionality according to the reality.

That would kill the gaming experience because people who plays military sim expect to have characteristic that represents current reality, such as bullet drop and so on. A bullet that can home in on the target will mean anyone can shot easily, just let the computer device do everything. Where's the fun in that.

Is this the future? Perhaps, we don't know. But until the future gets here, its sci-fi.

Yea, the MX rifle is fictional..how is it sci-fi? Fires a realistic caseless round which the US are using in the LSAT program, in a intermediate cartridge which NATO has been looking at for years. That's good thinking on BIS' part if you ask me.

the vehicles...seriously? The hunter is real, the ifrit is real, the merkava is real, the T-100 is real, the RAH-66 is real the rosomak is real.

Concepts that adhere to modern day technology are NOT science fiction.

How is this like Ghost recon? I can't see the invisibility cloak...

Actually the difference between science fiction and fiction or fantasy is the fact that the creator uses a realistic future scenario. A game set 22 years in the future using concept/fictional weapons and equipment could only be described as science fiction.

The ghost recon comment is because GR was always trying to do future warfare.

Back on topic - I would happily part with cash for current era dlc.

That would kill the gaming experience because people who plays military sim expect to have characteristic that represents current reality, such as bullet drop and so on. A bullet that can home in on the target will mean anyone can shot easily, just let the computer device do everything. Where's the fun in that.

Is this the future? Perhaps, we don't know. But until the future gets here, its sci-fi.

And that's exactly the reason why I tend to say for FPS games it would be better to go back in time instead of going forward...there is not much fun in sitting in front of a TFT screen simulationg a TFT screen and spamming intelligent autotracking missiles by pressing TAB to the other end of a map. When there is too much convenient technology beetween you and the target it becomes dull from a gameplay standpont. 70's would have been better...just not Vietnam style again. The same goes for Flight Sims currently...after having enough of AIM-120C Spam in DCS I really enjoy Rise of flight now with it's inaccurate and missfiring guns. Edited by Beagle

By 2030 the entire way of making war with soldiers and tanks and helicopters may be totally obsolete..then what?

By 2030 the entire way of making war with soldiers and tanks and helicopters may be totally obsolete..then what?

well, I read an article from 1947 argued there was no need for conventional forces, especially the Marines since all future war would be decided by Nukes. And we should cut all conventional military funds...

Guess what they found out in three years?

and there was another article in 70s that say tanks would be obsolete in ten years due to new ATGM...

Hey guys, I like arma 3 but the things I dont like: The map stratis (I know there will be other maps but I dont like the way it looks.)

And that it is based on 2040. Arma 2 was a army simulator but I see arma 3 as a sci fi game..

The 1 thing I hate about games is the sci fi..

But will there be specific DLC for arma3? or do we have to do it with the mods??

OP I'm right there with you. Yes everyone it's not a "sci-fi" experience but the Iranian Armored car... it makes me cringe. the fact that they have weapons that don't exist. I just feel out of touch. It's becoming too futuristic. Not Sci-Fi, but it's like a mix of the wide scale of ARMA with a dumbed down version of Ghost Recon future soldier. It's always with the damn Hexagons. They ruin it for me. XD

And that's exactly the reason why I tend to say for FPS games it would be better to go back in time instead of going forward...there is not much fun in sitting in front of a TFT screen simulationg a TFT screen and spamming intelligent autotracking missiles by pressing TAB to the other end of a map. When there is too much convenient technology beetween you and the target it becomes dull from a gameplay standpont. 70's would have been better...just not Vietnam style again. The same goes for Flight Sims currently...after having enough of AIM-120C Spam in DCS I really enjoy Rise of flight now with it's inaccurate and missfiring guns.

Agree ! and Rise Of Flight is great !

Mods usually > DLC anyway, the only really good DLC in A2 was BAF imo if that's anything to go by.

Modding tools will be released for 15 US Dollars

Uhm. What?

OP I'm right there with you. Yes everyone it's not a "sci-fi" experience but the Iranian Armored car... it makes me cringe. the fact that they have weapons that don't exist. I just feel out of touch. It's becoming too futuristic. Not Sci-Fi, but it's like a mix of the wide scale of ARMA with a dumbed down version of Ghost Recon future soldier. It's always with the damn Hexagons. They ruin it for me. XD

Too futuristic? Far from it, mate.

OP: Mods, not DLCs.

Edited by Winfernal

it's only matter of time before someone port all A2 units, even missions to A3...

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

actually...the next gen US Army utility car (to replace Humvee) would probably look like that...

BAE_JLTV.jpg

Arma does have DLC.. Only they call it expensions..

Wiki Page.

Downloadable Content...

And if that car is the replacement of the hummer. Is it then based on 2035? Because you arent gonna drive more the 20 years with the same car..

Didn't the Supporter Package mentioned that those who bought it will be entitled to any DLC in the future, and it specifically state that it does not include any expansion pack. So this means the DLC it refers to is DLC, and not expansions.

I have no problem with it by the way. Just pointing out that there will probably be DLC in ARMA 3.