Sign in to follow this  
Abilities

Arma mission editing for a complete noob? (new to scripting,etc.)

Hi everyone, I played arma 2 a lot with ACE and ACRE awhile back and noticed this game released the alpha :yay: So basically I'm trying to create some missions in co-op/FFA (ever see that english sub-titled movie Battle-Royal? Placed on an island, scour for weapons and make alliances or enemies. Similar to Wasteland but more survivalish)

I have learned the very basics in the editor and I am somewhat familiar with triggers, etc. from other games such as the source SDK. But there seems to be a lot of scripting involved no matter what you want to do. I have ZERO knowledge of any scripting so I guess my first question is, HOW or WHERE can I start scripting for this game? When I think of scripting/programmers here, I am led to believe that you all went to school/took courses for that stuff (although I'm sure that isn't the case for everyone) Because it looks like such a hard things overall.

My other problem is, I'm trying to make a co-op mission similar to patrol ops. So I have the players base all set up but I tried to learn the triggers and modules (assigning the same name/text to the corresponding objectives) but have a feeling it is a lot more in depth than I first thought. I was trying to make a trigger activate an objective say, 30 seconds into the mission but was unsuccessful.

Also I know how to place ammo crates but what about individual weapons? And weapons inside vehicles and buildings.

Any insight and links you could give me to help me start in my arma 3 editing quest would be wonderful. Thanks