Sign in to follow this  
Hilts66

How well does Arma 3 run on Windows 8?

Buying a new plc, I am ok about the spec, however the operating system will be windows 8.

So I want to check how comparable it is with with windows 8

Buying a new plc, I am ok about the spec, however the operating system will be windows 8.

So I want to check how comparable it is with with windows 8

It runs great for me. I haven't noticed any issues at all related to the operating system and the alpha.

With all due respect, why on earth would you want to buy windows 8? xD

It is like Vista all over again, only worse...

Not trying to sound like a troll or anything, it's just Windows 8 makes me feel sick...

But it should run perfectly.

Not trying to sound like a troll or anything, it's just Windows 8 makes me feel sick...

Faster

more stable

more secure

amazing recovery option's

and better look\feel

Not getting windows 8 just because of metro is like not getting arma 3 just because of steam. It's just stupid considering you only spend 1-4 sec in the start menu anyways.

Also back on topic it works fine for me, Not like there would be any reasons it wouldn't and in fact should work better on win 8 than older versions.

windows 8 is fine, the best MS OS to date.

if you want you can bypass metro, place the old taskbar and never worry about it.

about the performance with arma 3? bad, but its bad in any windows version. but its ok, its still an Alpha, they will optimize it.

It's a cleaner, faster, better version of Windows 7.

Would I recommend the upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 if you already have 7 installed? Probably not, but it costs a lot just for a small upgrade. But if you're buying a new PC, you'd be an idiot to stick with Windows 7 to be honest, as Windows 8 is clearly better.

The game doesn't run that well for me, but I am 99.9% sure it's not because of Windows 8. I never had any issues upgrading from W7 to W8 in arma 2, in fact, there might have been a slight upgrade in performance.

Maybe I will get Win8 in the future. At the moment, it really grates me.

i cant see a difference to win 7?! only the startmenu is now fullscreen and the startbutton is invisible and shrinked to 1 pixel size.

protip: startisback.

it runs well.

at first I wasnt too sure about Windows 8. However decided to go for it since it was only £24.99 online and I am very impressed with it. Have win 8 and arma 3 on the SSD and its running perfect.

here gtx titan and hd7970 are OK on win8 and Arma3.

Enviado de meu MZ604 usando o Tapatalk 2

There's no reason not to get Win8 if you're getting a new computer. If you already have Win7 there's no reason to upgrade either.