Sign in to follow this  
PraPoredos

ARMA III & Steam WORKSHOP

It appears that several hundred missions in the workshop have gone away. yesterday, there was over 400. Today, 113 as of this typing.

It appears that several hundred missions in the workshop have gone away. yesterday, there was over 400. Today, 113 as of this typing.

Wonder if its to do with scripts?

Pretty much every Dev branch update breaks 90% of missions, it seems. Does Workshop manage version compatibility too? Or are missions withdrawn by their authors? I assume that the Arma norm of every update breaking mission saves will continue as well with Arma 3 ...

Pretty much every Dev branch update breaks 90% of missions, it seems. Does Workshop manage version compatibility too? Or are missions withdrawn by their authors? I assume that the Arma norm of every update breaking mission saves will continue as well with Arma 3 ...

ye, seems something iffy there ... noticing this issue myself

If I subscribe to content, it's downloaded via the steam client. Why then in-game is there more loading under the scenarios menu.

Often my net connection cuts out, so I might load ARMA, but all steam subscribed content is inaccessible because my net connection is gone. Seems strange to have more downloading ingame if these items have already been downloaded by steam.

If I subscribe to content, it's downloaded via the steam client. Why then in-game is there more loading under the scenarios menu.

Often my net connection cuts out, so I might load ARMA, but all steam subscribed content is inaccessible because my net connection is gone. Seems strange to have more downloading ingame if these items have already been downloaded by steam.

Ever thought that it might be updates to the missions themselves? ;)

Nope, I've noticed that Steam Subscriber content is downloaded every time you start the game, or at least this is what happens to me.

Nope, I've noticed that Steam Subscriber content is downloaded every time you start the game, or at least this is what happens to me.

It seems so, which is pretty annoying if you have a big list of missions.

DEV'S :

No MAP category in the future ?

Possibility in Armaholic to have a preview (screenshoot) for all addons (vehicules, maps, units, (not the script) in order to downloading it.,

Actually and since a long time ( Operation Flashpoint). It was boring to download many addons without to see it (many boring addons use the no preview).

I see a couple of problems with the Workshop missions.

1. The scenario list takes quite a while to show in-game. (Ok, it's not THAT bad.) Can't the list load instantly from the mission folder?

2. When I don't have internet connection I can't play the scenarios. Any chance that will change?

Other than that it's working nicely. The Steam button in-game doesn't work, so I have to manually find the mission on Steam to comment on it. I don't know if it's the same for everyone currently.

GranolarBar, the actual TAG categories are for scenarios only

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161976-STEAM-workshop-scenario-TAG-categories-discussion&highlight=steam+tags

also Terrains == Maps ;)

OK, Perfect. In addition, we could have DLC later, i think than Steam couldn't show a scenario who have DLC content if the creator don't wrote it in the description. More tags or another solution in this case ?

i think that will be in dependencies ...

It seems so, which is pretty annoying if you have a big list of missions.

Agree

Seems to do the same for me.

Steam client updates the missions. Re-downloading in game seems redundant and makes single player missions unavailable offline.

Just ran into the third mission that was updated and automatically downloaded with a game breaking bug and there's no way to revert to the previously working version. Thanks Steam Workshop! :)

Not to mention a ton of non-updated missions that are utterly broken. Maybe we can wipe and restart once the game comes out to avoid so many unplayable missions with alpha/changed beta content in them?

Just ran into the third mission that was updated and automatically downloaded with a game breaking bug and there's no way to revert to the previously working version. Thanks Steam Workshop! :)

Not to mention a ton of non-updated missions that are utterly broken. Maybe we can wipe and restart once the game comes out to avoid so many unplayable missions with alpha/changed beta content in them?

It would be nice mate but I doubt it.

I was just thinking about the issues regarding the licence that we have to agree with when uploading to steam workshop. I know that earlier in the thread I mentioned that if we attach a licence to our work before uploading that it could be argued that our licence still applies over and above the licence of steam workshop. Kind of how like EULA is employed, where no end user agreement is necessary to consider it legally binding (in some countries).

So I was wondering if any of the BIS people could float this idea with their Steam rep. Specifically, if an end user uploads content to steam workshop with say a CC-BY-SA licence, would they acknowledge that licence or ignore it? I don't think there has been any prior precedent set in court that I know of where I am, so would expect it would have to be taken to court to determine which licence takes priority.

I was just thinking about the issues regarding the licence that we have to agree with when uploading to steam workshop. I know that earlier in the thread I mentioned that if we attach a licence to our work before uploading that it could be argued that our licence still applies over and above the licence of steam workshop. Kind of how like EULA is employed, where no end user agreement is necessary to consider it legally binding (in some countries).

So I was wondering if any of the BIS people could float this idea with their Steam rep. Specifically, if an end user uploads content to steam workshop with say a CC-BY-SA licence, would they acknowledge that licence or ignore it? I don't think there has been any prior precedent set in court that I know of where I am, so would expect it would have to be taken to court to determine which licence takes priority.

I don't think it would work that way, the new license wouldn't be valid.

E.g. otherwise it would mean that people who upload stuff to Google Warehouse could prohibit modifying their work by another license. Yet the Google TOS gives users and Google a vast degree of rights:

(b) By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content or derivative works thereof which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

© By publicly posting or displaying the content you give other end users of the Services a perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute (subject to the restrictions set forth in Sections 11.4 and 20.3 of these Terms) any Content or derivative works thereof which you publicly post or display on or through the Services.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/sketchup/3dwh/tos.html

Similar stuff will be said in the STEAM WS license.

My opinion about the workshop after having used it for a couple of missions is that Steam is filled with ungrateful child whiners and plain griefers that bitch and moan and even lie about free content. I notice it with the few missions I have published and I see the same thing with missions from other people from the community. Those whiners are also the people that do not contribute anything them selfs to the community besides trolling and being rude. I hope BI will launch the Dayz crap very soon so that all the children will move on, ArmA has become a frikkin kindergarten without parenting control. Looking at how the community was back in 2009/2010 and how it is now is pretty sad. At this point I don't think I am going to bother with the workshop anymore and keep my missions only visible for my friendlist.

My opinion about the workshop after having used it for a couple of missions is that Steam is filled with ungrateful child whiners and plain griefers that bitch and moan and even lie about free content. I notice it with the few missions I have published and I see the same thing with missions from other people from the community. Those whiners are also the people that do not contribute anything them selfs to the community besides trolling and being rude. I hope BI will launch the Dayz crap very soon so that all the children will move on, ArmA has become a frikkin kindergarten without parenting control. Looking at how the community was back in 2009/2010 and how it is now is pretty sad. At this point I don't think I am going to bother with the workshop anymore and keep my missions only visible for my friendlist.

Please do not do this, we (community) need your missions, there aren't just DayZ brang maggots, there are also old community members which really wants your missions and other stuff from other community members, the fact about steam is true, also in syeam forums you can see lot of arrogant people and ignorance all the way, but hey there's still armaholic thanks to god

I hope BI will launch the Dayz crap very soon so that all the children will move on, ArmA has become a frikkin kindergarten without parenting control.

LOL .... sorry, I shouldnt laugh, but that was funny.

Seriously though, disappointing this situation/WS is affecting people like yourself, a major contributor.

Ultimately bad for the whole community.

Hope you can hang in until the change happens.

Hi

keep using the mission repository of Armaholic, which isn't infested with ungrateful whiners and kids. I've always uploaded my missions over there and that won't change in the future.

cheers

Please do not do this, we (community) need your missions, there aren't just DayZ brang maggots, there are also old community members which really wants your missions and other stuff from other community members, the fact about steam is true, also in syeam forums you can see lot of arrogant people and ignorance all the way, but hey there's still armaholic thanks to god

My comment was not intended as padding myself on the back or anything as I am aware that my missions are far from perfect, but still, the ungrateful attitude of the Steam kids pisses me off. Specially when they are plain griefing with bullshit comments like à have only 10 fps in this mission while I have a high end PC.. and at the same time on my mediocre non gaming PC I get 40+ fps. Or saying that stuff does not work (probably without even having played it) in the mission while everything works fine, just to troll and grief. It is sad. Maybe I will indeed just keep it exclusive on armaholic.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Gnat;2530350']LOL .... sorry' date=' I shouldnt laugh, but that was funny.

Seriously though, disappointing this situation/WS is affecting people like yourself, a major contributor.

Ultimately bad for the whole community.

Hope you can hang in until the change happens.[/quote']

I am hardly a major contributor, but I just don't get that people get nasty over free content that the mission makers (and thus aslo me) spend a lot of time and effort on. If someone does not like the mission or whatever then fine move on or leave constructive feedback instead of whining and trolling.