Sign in to follow this  
hiStream

What are the game devs plans for fixing issues during alpha/beta?

I've noticed that about 90% of the issues currently being worked on in feedback.arma3.com are (naturally) Crashes but also simpler core game problems cosisting of movement etc. Looking through the feedback "forum" it made me wonder about a couple of things.

-What is the plan over this alpha/beta period about fixing issues?

-I noticed that nearly all of the issues are being handled by one person (astaroth). Have the other devs not begun fixing?

-When will all the other issues pertaining to gameplay/engine optimization/models etc. be worked on?

Those are the only three I have for now.

Edited by hiStream

Interesting. There are:

4 reported bugs that have been assigned. All to astaroth.

2 resolved.

0 marked as confirmed.

18 need more information.

My thinking is that most of the bugs we're experiencing are probably already known by the developers OR the feedback tool isn't as important to them as they'd like us to think.

Who knows. It just began and there's plenty of time to tell.

Hopefully they get going more. the feedback forum makes me feel like we're not really supposed to help at the moment.

Don't you worry, BIS is watching us. They can be very silent for longer periods but they are busy little bees.

It seems like they avoid discussions and debates on the forums as people read whatever they want into what they are saying. I guess they rather spend the time doing their job than debating?

Don't you worry, BIS is watching us. They can be very silent for longer periods but they are busy little bees.

It seems like they avoid discussions and debates on the forums as people read whatever they want into what they are saying. I guess they rather spend the time doing their job than debating?

True. It's just that gamers can be an awefully nervous bunch when it comes to trusting game creators (Thanks mostly to EA). Some acknowledgement would be nice, considering they implemented such a lovely way of doing so with the feedback forums, it would be as simple as a click or two that they know of the issue at hand.

Just an alpha sitrep would suffice.

go look at the beta patch forum in arma 2 and your worries will drift away.

hiStream, I been in BIS world for the last 12 years. Dont you worry :)

I can understand why some people are thinking twice about trusting devs that are new to them. But don't you worry :)

Thanks for the reassurance guys. Nice to see friendly people on the internet.

I just noticed that the most upvoted issue about low GPU/CPU usage, which is what I see as the biggest priority (except for game stability/high quality gameplay), has been assigned to dazhbog. He is now my favorite person of the year. I hope he wins the Nobel Peace Prize.