Sign in to follow this  
ayser

How do we use "createSite"?

So i'm editing the Domi mission, and instead of having the mission end once all of the spots have been cleared, i'm trying to make the cleared area come back after 45 minutes. I'm trying to use a trigger for this, but I repeatedly get errors

takenAgiaMarina = false; _attack1 = createSite siteAgiaMarina; _attack1 = createmarker ["Attack1",getpos m_attack1];

I get errors on "_attack1 = createSite siteAgiaMarina". How am I able to encounter this? I'm basically trying to undo the code below by adding everything back

takenAgiaMarina = true; deleteMarker "m_attack1"; deleteSite siteAgiaMarina;

Appreciate the help to those who give it :o

What ayser is editing here is a very early version of AW Invade & Annex.

Though there is currently absolutely no documentation on the createSite command, you can just use bits and pieces from the functions to re-create the various effects.

I've tried to use some of the site types from configs (Site_BLUFOR, Site_Minefield, Site_Empty, etc..) to no avail (both unqualified and with full>>config>>path)

I don't get an error when I use it as documented, (such as "Site_BLUFOR" createSite [getmarkerpos "a"]), but it returns a null-object.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has gotten this thing to work in current builds. The syntax in the OP doesn't work anymore, either (createSite pos), fyi.

Being Alpha and all I wouldn't be suprised if there is a whole bunch of site commands is on the way

Did anyone already figure out, how and if "createSite" works?

CreateSite is an obsolete command from the time in development when Sites were handled separately from other modules. Now they use the modules framework.

If you want a specific Site to be activated during the mission, place it in the editor and use the Condition line in its parameters (the last one).

I'd rather want to spawn a site on position x. Or if this doesn't work, the moving a site from position x to y would work for me too.

/Edit: Nevermind, I figured it's at least as easy if I simply script my stuff in the case I have in mind, instead of using the site module. :)

Edited by Lexx

CreateSite is an obsolete command from the time in development when Sites were handled separately from other modules. Now they use the modules framework.

If you want a specific Site to be activated during the mission, place it in the editor and use the Condition line in its parameters (the last one).

How would you go about setting a condition, for instance using a trigger to activate it ?

triggerActivated trigger_name

or that! ^^^

Change the Condition field of the module to something like makeSite then have the trigger set

makeSite = true;