Sign in to follow this  
rawalanche

ArmA 3 has stopped working....

Hi,

i have been playing the game for about 3 days now frequently, and have not encountered crash once, but after i joined some multiplayer server today, the game crashed on mission loading to desktop with "stopped working" report window, and ever since that crash, my game crashes extremely frequently with same error :(

I have found if I delete the Saved folder in the C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\ folder, that seems to get me back up and running. I've had to do this a few times now.

I have found if I delete the Saved folder in the C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\ folder, that seems to get me back up and running. I've had to do this a few times now.

Ah thanks! So it is probably some config corruption. Will give it a try... thanks again :)

Still got crashes... they got little less frequent after deleting config, but after a few games, they are back again :(

It appears mission cache data can cause more and more instability as time goes on.

user/appdata/local/arma3/mpmissioncache

My theory is that some missions are either causing bugs or multiple missions stored in the folder are trying to be used at the same time when in a multiplayer game. I imagine that if two mission files were used at the same time in a mission.

My stability got worse and worse. The first day I played no crashes, the next day maybe a crash every 20 minutes, after that every ten minutes. Deleted my cache then played fine for a while till I believe a certain deathmatch server gave me a bugged file. Deleted cache again and have gone about 2 hours with complete stability.

Some mission files are just buggy, if a server crashes you frequently delete the mission cache files. You can try that server again and if it keeps happening, delete your cache and avoid that server mission.

Im having this problem where everytime I click on arma 3 alpha lite it says this : arma 3 alpha lite has stopped working .... A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.... please help. I really want to play this game and get used to it ;((((

Go into your AppData folder -its a hidden folder within your Documents folder, and click on Local/ Arma 3/.rpt file. The .rpt file is where your crash information is stored. You can post it here but be sure to put it in spoiler tags as they are usually pretty long. Other courses of action are to have Steam verify integrity of files as well as full uninstall/reinstall.

Go into your AppData folder -its a hidden folder within your Documents folder, and click on Local/ Arma 3/.rpt file. The .rpt file is where your crash information is stored. You can post it here but be sure to put it in spoiler tags as they are usually pretty long. Other courses of action are to have Steam verify integrity of files as well as full uninstall/reinstall.

yes thank you but i cannot seem to find tihs folder? i only see arma 2 free, arma 2 and arma 2 oa... some other files too but not 3.. please help :( P.S. Isnt that guy in your picture from GLADIATOR .. loved that movie ;S

Thats strange -my Arma 3 folder is directly under my Arma 2 OA folder...your definitely in Appdata/Local?

Yes, he's a busy little bee ;)

Oh, and also make sure your running Arma 3 as Administrator

how do i run it as admin.. it dosent give me the option???? do i run steam as admin??? Thanks for the help bro reply when you would like :)

Yes, try running Steam as Admin and then opening the game from within Steam -has it ever worked for you?