Sign in to follow this  
Longbow116

Make a Helicopter wait

Hi,

I would like to create a simple mission with following Parameters:

My squad have to get in a helicopter which is placed at a helipad with Engines Off and THAN heli should Start Engines and takeoff. Right now, i have no Trouble to get my squad in a chopper which is flying, this i do with waypoints and sync, but it seems to be hard to get my squad in a heli on ground.

Do u have any tips?

Greetings

Longi

I'ts pretty simple,

You just make another waypoint for the heli: unload.

And for your squad a waypoint: Get out.

Now make your heli fly away again.

In arma 2 you would have the option to add a invisable helipad so it will land where you want it to,

But im not sure if this is added to the arma 3 alpha yet.

hi, thank you but its not the solution im looking for. My problem is to make a heli wait until my squad gets in, and than this heli should start ingines and proceed to the unload transport waypoint.

anyway, thank you for trying ;)

best regards

longi

I think you can just give the squad a "GET IN" waypoint, give the helicopter a "LOAD" waypoint, and synchronize the two. However, the helicopter may not actually go to the ground until your squad gets to it, and it might run around trying to land next to your squad rather than at the assigned pad.

What i would in a situation like this is basically do a setFuel on the helicopter to 0 so it won't go anywhere. Then, make a trigger that won't go off until the squad is fully loaded (the count of units matching the condition of not being in the vehicle should be 0). Make the trigger add fuel and it should be able to take off. You might have to change the trigger condition instead to simply wait for the squad to be within a certain proximity; I'm not sure how the AI works when telling people to get in vehicles that have zero fuel. :)

Good luck; hope that helps.

EDIT: Actually you can just add an extra "MOVE" waypoint for the squad just before their "GET IN", and put the refueling call into the helicopter's "LOAD" waypoint's "On Act." field, which should ensure the helicopter gets fuel as soon as the infantry squad arrives, but the helicopter won't have fuel until such time as the squad was already ordered/flagged to be ordered into the helicopter.

Edited by dwringer

-Name helo (ex. MH)

-Place an invisible helipad (Empty->sigs).

-Place a WP before the Helipad, set speed limited and write in "on act":

MH land "Land";

(if you don't want engine off write "GetIn" and the helo will wait the troups touching the ground, if u want that the helo auto-hover at 1-2M write "GetOut")

-Place another WP on the Helipad (set speed to full/normal)

-Sincronyze with infantry WP (type Get In) to make helo wait

The helo will automatically land, shouting off engine and wait for all squad members.

Hope it'll help and sorry for my bad english

EDIT: It's a little bit different in MP

EDIT1: I don't know if i have misunderstood

If u want to start a mission with the helo waiting for take off you must only place a WP on the helo, type Load and sincronyze it with infrantry WP setted as "Get in" type.

Edited by Crasso91

ok, both solutions works fine! The trigger fuel solution is a very good idea but i think i will use the Crasso-Method! ;)

thank you very much for ur efforst.

greetings

Longi

One trick I use is to get rid of the helo after it has unloaded it's cargo. No need to have it fly off and land and waste CPU/Resouces.

To remove the helo, on the last waypoint put this in the "ON ACT:" Field;-

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew MH9)+[MH9];

This assumes you have named your MH-9 "MH9"

And for bug testing purposes, I add comments in the "ON ACT:" Field to show the action occurred. You can remove it when the mission design is complete.

titletext[format["Now we remove the MH9 and crew."],"PLAIN"];