matchek

How to improve FPS in game

Just add to shourtcut -world=empty -nosplash

example: "G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -world=empty -nosplash

this change gives me 10-15 extra fps.

CPU i5 760

GPU GTX 470

how this can improve FPS?

-NoSplash and -World=Empty improve only for first start the game, but in the game i don't think will help much.

Placebo? (the effect, not that mean moderator) :D

"-world=empty" Game starts without stratis loaded, FPS may be better in the menu? Won't make a difference ingame.

"-nosplash" Game starts without splash screens. This won't make a difference either.

I've played with and without these and there is no difference to me. Perhaps you can show some screenshots with it disabled and enabled?

for some more helpful ideas:

Here are some options to improve FPS:

Turn shadows off- Yes it is a nice feature but as with any game shadows can effect FPS drastically.

Render distance- There are a number of places to adjust the render distance in the game. The 'nearer' the distance, the less 'input lag'.

Resolution - This is the single greatest thing that effected my FPS. I was on 1680x1050x32 at 16:9. I simply changed it to 16:10 and had ZERO lag/ increased frames. My computer screen is pretty massive but the change was huge.

Hope this helps some

How to improve FPS:

0. add -cpucount=x to you shortcut target line, where x is the physical core count on your CPU, and -exthreads=x

1. Reduce or disable antialiasing

2. Insert other settings you're going to toy with anyway here

As you can see here -world=empty will only disallow stratis from being loaded into memory at launch and will do nothing to change FPS performance once you're actually playing on the island.

How to improve FPS:

0. add -cpucount=x to you shortcut target line, where x is the physical core count on your CPU, and -exthreads=x

1. Reduce or disable antialiasing

2. Insert other settings you're going to toy with anyway here

As you can see here -world=empty will only disallow stratis from being loaded into memory at launch and will do nothing to change FPS performance once you're actually playing on the island.

So even if I had CPU with two cores, -cpucount=2 parameter would improve fps?

So even if I had CPU with two cores, -cpucount=2 parameter would improve fps?

No, the game would most likely detect that you have 2 cores anyway.