Sign in to follow this  
code34

War in Takistan 1.6 - Official thread (WIT)

Yes we have other missions with ace on our Server and have no Problems.

We have activated @CBA(ALL)/@Jayaram2lib/@Acre/@Ace_Core/@ACEX/@ACEX_RU/@ACEX_Navy/@ACEX_SM on our Server and by the client.

But the problem exist, when we join as client without any mods we came into the mission but all the ace items and such stuff is missing.

Anyone a idea where the problem is ?

We really want to play this mission ;).

Edited by Speedygonzales

Yes we have other missions with ace on our Server and have no Problems.

We have activated @CBA(ALL)/@Jayaram2lib/@Acre/@Ace_Core/@ACEX/@ACEX_RU/@ACEX_Navy/@ACEX_SM on our Server and by the client.

But the problem exist, when we join as client without any mods we came into the mission but all the ace items and such stuff is missing.

Anyone a idea where the problem is ?

We really want to play this mission ;).

so you have to turn on ACE in the lobby parameter ;)

Ah ok shit i never read threw them, thx for the info dont know where i lost my brain ;).

I have tried all out, but only not to look threw the parameters.

Thx code34

Little feedback report, dont know if you need it.

We played yesterday about 8 missions, to complete the campgain we have set up the maximum.

Really nice missions and ideas they dont reinvent the wheel, but they are really awesome.

Beacause the player have the choice and its not a stupid sidemission, its a decision to make for a tactical advantage or not.

Mayby there could be more of them such as a mortor team at some mission locations or the enemys airfield can be found and sabotaged.

Buts only a suggestion for more variety.

The watchdogs thumbs up for that, the hole detection system is really cool and good made.

Some things i dont like but no prob to play without it, the flag to get back to base 10meter near the finished target and so on.

But what i dont understand or mayby overlooked in the parameters is why no ace medical system works.

The player can get the Items and all but it dont work activated with ace.

When Ace activated and you spawn first no Ace bagbacks are in the crate and the others dont work with the ace system, you have do respawn and the it works sometimes and sometimes not. So i think when ace activated the bagback are a little buggy. I think best solution for that when ace activated there should be some ace bagback in the crate and so the problem should be solved.

Last but not least, we play with acre and have only the 343 radio in the crate, for FOC or some other sorts of missions its really frustrating to get no contact to other troops.

Code34 anyway thx for this great missions, i think me and my team will have a lot of fun with it and when you dont want to change the things mayby you gave me the permission to do it and lead me in the right way that i dont make a failure especially with the ace medical system.

Before i forget what that autoload options means ?

Edited by Speedygonzales

Hi :)

thanks you for your feedback. In fact, WIT is a mission that was developped at the Arma2 arrowhead release. At this time thoses features were extra/specials features cause there was not other dynamic systems that permit to dit it. Since this time, thoses features were copied by other dynamic system and became standard.

You can turn off casual feature like spawn/teleport into the parameter to do a real hardcore mission.

WIT was designed to work as vanilla version. I didn't support special addons cause there were so much bugs to fix in vanilla version that i don't want to loose time on addons bugs.

You can modify it as you want, just respect the GPL copyright (share the source, keep the copyright and the author name, add your credits)

The autoload feature permits to include in the missions addons weapons, vehicles, units that are load by the server (you should turn on signature on the server side to prevent freeze/lag issue)

Hi Code, tnx for your missions we play it almost every week. We're enjoing WiT 1.4 because it's the only one with all ACE weapons and stuff, in 1.6 we don't have VHF radio or protection glassand other things we use to play with.. we also miss crate u can load with suff and load inside a vehicle, it's very useful if you want to play without teleport to HQ.

I would like to modify the mission and insert a crate at base with more stuff, or just add a crate with all ACE stuff.

My editor skills are really low, when I open the mission in the editor i can't see the starting crate at main base, if I push F6 I can see an icon named crate1. But there is no hint on what is doing outside in scripts or what script is calling.

So where is the file where u load the crate ad starting base?

Can I make a crate2 icon and create another crate with the stuff I like?

Tnx

Hi :)

the easiest way is to create directly a new crate like you want. The crate1 marker is used by createammobox scripts warcontext\modules\wc_ammobox\WC_fnc_createammobox.sqf

call in clientside

wcgarbage = [(getmarkerpos "crate1"), "base"] spawn WC_fnc_createammobox;

Tnx you!! Meanwhile I realized my error in mission parameter I did not activate all the "Autoload xxx " options, now the ACE ammobox appear.. but i'll try your method too.. tnx

We played Lingor (War in Lingor) yesterday and the are some little bugs:

- IED training is too next the exit of the base and to the ammobox, it needs to be really careful to exit the base, otherwise BUUUMMMMM!!!!

- No empty box next to the flag (or anywhere in the base) to fill with spare ammo or weapons, we used to fill those empty box and put them inside vehicles. Any help on how to create this? Or is only Lingor that miss those box?

- Restriction to create tent. Only player with a backpack can create a tent; we had a player with a backpack, he created his own tent then give the backpack to another player and so on.. it works but it's long and imho is a useless restriction. You can remove the tent without the backpack.

Thank you again!!

:notworthy:

Another problem is vehicles dissappearing and respawn at base, before we end the mission; respawn inactive vehicles is too short I hope there is a way to modify this..

You can do a lot of tuning with WIT through lobby parameters but there is also limits (so much things already) ;)

I don't do anymore support on this mission. You can tune it directly on the code, but the bugs will not be fix.

Hello. Last year I tried to make a port of this great mission using CWR2 mod.

It works fairly well, but as I know nothing about scripting, I couldn´t solve that the reinforcements never arrive and some missions seem not to work.

If anyone is interested, here is the download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/svgnf9fy69k335z/War_In_Everon_CWR2_16d1_base.eden.pbo?dl=0