Sign in to follow this  
code34

War in Takistan 1.6 - Official thread (WIT)

Excuse my ignorance, but where is the mission loop?

you should grab "beyond compare" , with that kind of tool you can simply compare codes variant and your modified one. You will see all the differences . I forgot some ; or } to end an if-case , switch - case or other things. Now i'm actually not doing these mistakes anymore, but it's really hard to find these minor issues in the code. Just grab that tool and that will speed up the error-finding process. For the future: Whenever you modify parts of the code, use notepad++ for example .. it will always show you if any if-loop or whatever is complete or not, or if you might forgot a ; or }

If you can't find the issue yourself, upload the unpacked mission folder and pm me the link, but seriously look on your own first of all, cause you need to understand what you did wrong :)

Hello Code34,

I ran into a bug.

On mission "Rescue an officer" on Celle2 I rescued the officer but the mission did not seem to register the task as complete. I did not get a "Leave the zone" notice and no new missions came up.

Did you change the classname of the actual officer unit in the array , or in the createmission.sqf for that specific mission? The trigger might look for another unit (classname). That would be my guess, cause i've had that issue too.

Seems like a trigger is not firing correctly?

I had removed the officer and all friendlies from the zone but still, no joy.

Thanks in advance.

Great! Thanks a lot for the advice.

I found a missing conlon and the missions are working.

Now I just need to change some objects and Characters.

Hello Code34,

I ran into a bug.

On mission "Rescue an officer" on Celle2 I rescued the officer but the mission did not seem to register the task as complete. I did not get a "Leave the zone" notice and no new missions came up.

Seems like a trigger is not firing correctly?

I had removed the officer and all friendlies from the zone but still, no joy.

Thanks in advance.

To win this mission, you have to come back to flag at base with the officer.

Great! Thanks a lot for the advice.

I found a missing conlon and the missions are working.

Now I just need to change some objects and Characters.

sounds good, glad you've found it yourself ..

sounds good, glad you've found it yourself ..

Well, was very easy with Beyond Compare.

Thanks again for the advice.

Now it's time to refine and polish the mission changing objects and eliminating any Takistani reference.

for any eastern environment regarding taliban and stuff, i can only recommend schnapsdrossels desert mercenaries and blackops.. the Taliban guys look super awesome..i use em all the time for esbekistan, tora bora and stuff.. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471

and thank code for the advice, he told me to use BC :)

To win this mission, you have to come back to flag at base with the officer.

Jeez I'm daft, I should have realized that.

Thank you for the info!

Hi guys.

I´m polishing my port to CWR2 and I have a couple of quiestions about enemy forces.

In all the missions I got a lot of spetznatz and enemy crew, but a few Russian soldiers. I don´t understand why. There are only two arrays with soldiers classnames in the common init config file:

// blacklist of units that can pop dynamicly (exclude mission)
wcblacklistenemyclass = ["cwr2_SoldierE_Crew","cwr2_OfficerE","cwr2_Spetsnaz","cwr2_Spetsnaz_NonHealing","cwr2_SpetsnazBizon","cwr2_SoldierE_Pilot"];

and

// autoload troops
if(wcautoloadtroops == 1) then {
	wceastside = [east] call WC_fnc_enumfaction;
	wcresistanceside = [resistance] call WC_fnc_enumfaction;
	wcwestside = [west] call WC_fnc_enumfaction;
} else {
	// by default only arrowhead content is supported
	wceastside = [["cwr2_ru"],[["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AAT"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Mortar"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AA"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AT"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Sniper"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AR"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_MG"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_GL"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_ALAT"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AMG"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_GL"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_HG"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Marksman"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Medic"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_OfficerE"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_OfficerE_Night"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Pilot"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_LAT"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_Spetsnaz"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_Spetsnaz_NonHealing"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SpetsnazBizon"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_SL"]]];
	wcresistanceside = [["cwr2_fia"],[["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AA"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AAT"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_ALAT"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AMG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AT"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AR"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_CommanderG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Crew"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Engineer"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_GL"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_MG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Marksman"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Medic"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_Militia_AK"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_Militia_FAL"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_Militia_G3"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_OfficerG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_OfficerG_Night"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Pilot"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_LAT"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Sniper"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_FAL"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_G3"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Mortar"]]];
	wcwestside = [["cwr2_us"],[["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AA"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AAT"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_ALAT"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AMG"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AT"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AR"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_Day"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_Day_NonHealing"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_UZI"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_Laser"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_XMS"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Crew"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Engineer"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_GL"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_HG"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_LAT"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_MG"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Marksman"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Medic"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Mortar"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_OfficerW"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_OfficerW_Night"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Pilot"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Sniper"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_G36"]]];
};

Anything wrong here?

The second question is about the selection of enemy forces in the parameters. I set up resistance forces instead of Takistani guerrilla, but If I select to play only with Takistani forces (resistance) does not appear any resistance enemy.

This is the parameter in the server init config:

// Lobby Parameters
setDate [2011, 7, 1, 12, 0];
wcdate = date;

if (wcwithrussian == 0) then {
	wcblacklistside = wcblacklistside + ["RU", "INS", "GUE", "cwr2_ru"];
};

if (wcwithtakistan == 0) then {
	wcblacklistside = wcblacklistside + ["cwr2_fia"];

Any idea?

Edited by OverCharger
Bad english :)

Hi guys.

I´m polishing my port to CWR2 and I have a couple of quiestions about enemy forces.

In all the missions I got a lot of spetznatz and enemy crew, but a few Russian soldiers. I don´t understand why. There are only two arrays with soldiers classnames in the common init config file:

// blacklist of units that can pop dynamicly (exclude mission)
wcblacklistenemyclass = ["cwr2_SoldierE_Crew","cwr2_OfficerE","cwr2_Spetsnaz","cwr2_Spetsnaz_NonHealing","cwr2_SpetsnazBizon","cwr2_SoldierE_Pilot"];

and

// autoload troops
if(wcautoloadtroops == 1) then {
	wceastside = [east] call WC_fnc_enumfaction;
	wcresistanceside = [resistance] call WC_fnc_enumfaction;
	wcwestside = [west] call WC_fnc_enumfaction;
} else {
	// by default only arrowhead content is supported
	wceastside = [["cwr2_ru"],[["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AAT"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Mortar"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AA"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AT"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Sniper"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AR"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_MG"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_GL"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_ALAT"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_AMG"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_GL"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_HG"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Marksman"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Medic"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_OfficerE"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_OfficerE_Night"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_Pilot"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_LAT"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_Spetsnaz"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_Spetsnaz_NonHealing"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SpetsnazBizon"],["cwr2_ru","cwr2_SoldierE_SL"]]];
	wcresistanceside = [["cwr2_fia"],[["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AA"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AAT"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_ALAT"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AMG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AT"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_AR"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_CommanderG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Crew"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Engineer"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_GL"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_MG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Marksman"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Medic"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_Militia_AK"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_Militia_FAL"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_Militia_G3"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_OfficerG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_OfficerG_Night"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Pilot"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_LAT"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Sniper"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_FAL"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_G3"],["cwr2_fia","cwr2_SoldierG_Mortar"]]];
	wcwestside = [["cwr2_us"],[["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AA"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AAT"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_ALAT"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AMG"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AT"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_AR"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_Day"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_Day_NonHealing"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_UZI"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_Laser"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_BlackOp_XMS"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Crew"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Engineer"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_GL"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_HG"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_LAT"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_MG"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Marksman"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Medic"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Mortar"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_OfficerW"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_OfficerW_Night"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Pilot"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_Sniper"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW"],["cwr2_us","cwr2_SoldierW_G36"]]];
};

Anything wrong here?

The second question is about the selection of enemy forces in the parameters. I set up resistance forces instead of Takistani guerrilla, but If I select to play only with Takistani forces (resistance) does not appear any resistance enemy.

This is the parameter in the server init config:

// Lobby Parameters
setDate [2011, 7, 1, 12, 0];
wcdate = date;

if (wcwithrussian == 0) then {
	wcblacklistside = wcblacklistside + ["RU", "INS", "GUE", "cwr2_ru"];
};

if (wcwithtakistan == 0) then {
	wcblacklistside = wcblacklistside + ["cwr2_fia"];

Any idea?

normaly, it should works do you check with -showScriptErrors in game start parameter ?

---------- Post added at 08:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 ----------

but is playable in SP?

yes, it is

normaly, it should works do you check with -showScriptErrors in game start parameter ?

Yes. In the whole process I´ve been testing the missions using this parameter.

The port is almost ready. Yesterday I manage to win the war playing only with AI as teammates without script errors, but still don´t see any resistance forces.

The second detail is that I can´t found any AA site and the last one is about reinforcements. I think they are not coming.

I´m close to finish and I like a lot the result. Thanks for your help.

but put it in MP folder also to play in sp?

yes, put it in the mp folder

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

Yes. In the whole process I´ve been testing the missions using this parameter.

The port is almost ready. Yesterday I manage to win the war playing only with AI as teammates without script errors, but still don´t see any resistance forces.

The second detail is that I can´t found any AA site and the last one is about reinforcements. I think they are not coming.

I´m close to finish and I like a lot the result. Thanks for your help.

you check this with the local debuger :)

you check this with the local debuger :)

Well, I don´'t even know how to make it work.

Well, I don´'t even know how to make it work.

keyb: CTRL + L OR CTRL + F

The debuger console works on the editor right? Or is there any way that works when you are playing the mission on a server?

I´m a little stuck with the the enemy AA position that does not appear and the "defend zone" missions because the flag doesn't appear. The rest of the side missions are working correctly.

The debuger console works on the editor right? Or is there any way that works when you are playing the mission on a server?

I´m a little stuck with the the enemy AA position that does not appear and the "defend zone" missions because the flag doesn't appear. The rest of the side missions are working correctly.

it s a local debugger only works on local machine while you are hosting yourself the game. You can use it while the game is running.

Thanks. Now its time to learn how to use the debuger :o

the map will help you ;)

I used the debuger, but I didn´t find any clue.

About the AA position, the server RPT file shows this message:

"WARCONTEXT: Not enough hill on this map to build AA SITE"

Is there any way to change the height of hills in order to create the AA position?

Edited by OverCharger

nope i don t think so you should directly change the code :(

Ok, thanks for the answer.

I don't want to bother you, but I already checked the script where the aa position is created.

I have to change that script?

Excuse me, but I know nothing about scripting and I´m trying to learn.

If someone wants to help testing the port to CWR2 Everon, I can send the file. Please send me a pm.

You only need Arma 2 CO and CWR2 mod.

Known issues:

AA positions not created

Flags not created in defend zone missions

If someone wants to help testing the port to CWR2 Everon, I can send the file. Please send me a pm.

You only need Arma 2 CO and CWR2 mod.

Known issues:

AA positions not created

Flags not created in defend zone missions

you should directly create a specific thread in this forum, with an url downloadl link ;)

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

Ok, thanks for the answer.

I don't want to bother you, but I already checked the script where the aa position is created.

I have to change that script?

Excuse me, but I know nothing about scripting and I´m trying to learn.

yes, you have to change this script :)

code do you know something about the IEDs? The ones for disarm-training in the base seem to blow off as soon as a player is going there. Did the bis-guys change something in the betas?? Oh yea, i'm using ace, maybe they changed something