Skelly

Cannot create DX11 Device

Everytime I launch arma 3 it gets to the little arma 3 loading thing then just pops up an error after its done and is about to launch the game. I really dont know the specs you need to fix this but i do have the error right here. I will provide any specs that you need of my pc when and if it is needed.

Cannot create DX11 device: Adapter (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS) Fullscreen Resolution 1680x1050, format R8G8B8A8_UNORM,refresh 60 Hz Error E_OUTOFMEMORY

is there any way that i can fix that or do i have to get another graphics card?

EDIT: I do believe that my graphics card does support DX11 and 10 becuase DX11 is used in battlefield bad company 2 which i can play sooo

is there any way that i can fix that or do i have to get another graphics card?

EDIT: I do believe that my graphics card does support DX11 and 10 becuase DX11 is used in battlefield bad company 2 which i can play sooo

some games support dx 11 but are compatible to prior versions be default, that way you just miss whatever is using dx10-11 only like tesselation, cool smokes or whatever.

im not sure but i think you can force arma 3 into using dx9

ok well if someone could tell me on how to do so that would be great if nothing works i am willing to buy i a new graphics card i need a new one anyway but its going to have to be under 100$ maybe

Right click on Arma III in your Steam Library>Properties>Set launch options

Add -winxp

That should force Dx9 compatibility mode.

I think it is saying that i am out of memory on my graphics card not anything to do with directx 11 so is there anyway of allocating more memory to my graphics card?

EDIT: and i tried the -winxp thing and still dosent work

Right, the 7900GS is under the minimum system requirements for A3. (8800GT is minimum in NVIDIA Desktop cards) Specifically you have 256MB of VRAM when 512MB is required.

You can try however to see if you can get it to start by editing the config file by setting everything to minimum (search the forum for config setting editing), including resolution of 800x600. Use startup paramebers of -nobenchmark -winxp

The real solution however is indeed to buy some new graphics card, I wouldn't buy with less than 1GB no matter how tight the budget.

i coudnt find anything about changing settings out of game but thanks anyway

Right, the 7900GS is under the minimum system requirements for A3. (8800GT is minimum in NVIDIA Desktop cards) Specifically you have 256MB of VRAM when 512MB is required.

You can try however to see if you can get it to start by editing the config file by setting everything to minimum (search the forum for config setting editing), including resolution of 800x600. Use startup paramebers of -nobenchmark -winxp

The real solution however is indeed to buy some new graphics card, I wouldn't buy with less than 1GB no matter how tight the budget.

Clearly, this "solution" is actually not a solution, since there are more of us with the same problem but using much newer graphics cards: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149158-Crash-on-launch-Cannot-create-DX11-device