Sign in to follow this  
JerryK

Making satchel charges blow up via a trigger?

I want to make it so that when the player comes within range of a trigger, multiple satchels go off. Is there anyway I could do this? I already tried using the "IED" method from ArmA 2 but it doesn't seem to work.

I dont know how to make an actual satchel charge placed by the player blow up, because as far as I know you cant assign a variable or name to an ammo/weapon type. Without a name you cant call that particular satchel charge in a script to make it blow up.

You coudl try something a little more cinematic if the player is actually placeing this. Have the player place the charge wherever he is suppose to. Put down a marker on the in the same spot. Empty if you can. Name it something like satchelex in the editor. Than in the on action portion of your trigger put this code.

bomb= "satchelcharge_remote_ammo" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "satchelex");

Essentially your spawning an ammo type right on the marker and it will hopefully explode. It may also detonate the already placed satchel as well and so you will get a bigger boom :)

It spawns the satchel on the ground, however it does not detonate it. The mission I'm doing is one where all the players are unarmed and trying to escape from AI. Upon reaching a certain location, I want the area to be blown up.

Thanks though. If there was just some sort of command that automatically detonate all satchels in the area once a trigger was activated and the satchels spawned, that would be perfect.

How to make the fireaction work? Managed to add the satchel to inventory but then i don't get how he should put it down.

tried this fire "SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag";

in waypoint, not working.