Firebird117

ArmA III Crashes on start up, EVERY TIME!

Just bought the game earlier, can't even play it. It crashes instantly on startup. Don't really know what to do. I have the following specs

Nvidia GTX 670 FTW

Asrock Z77 extreme 4

16 gb ripjaws ram

i7-3770k @ 4.0 GhZ

I think that's all that matters... what do I do....?

Just bought the game earlier, can't even play it. It crashes instantly on startup. Don't really know what to do. I have the following specs

Nvidia GTX 670 FTW

Asrock Z77 extreme 4

16 gb ripjaws ram

i7-3770k @ 4.0 GhZ

I think that's all that matters... what do I do....?

I have the same problem. I believe that Bohemia made the default graphics quality high. I'm almost positive you can change the settings in the ArmA 3 Alpha Document, however I do not know how to. :confused:

try -winxp or -nobenchmark

...I have no fucking clue what I'm doing

This made me laugh for a good five minutes, it was so unexpected.

Go to your steam library, right click on Arma 3 and click properties. Under the General tab click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... Then type in -nobenchmark and/or -winxp. -nobenchmark worked for me.

One other thing that I used that works is to up the voltage very slightly on your video card. Used to crash, but on upping the voltage it is rock stable.

I just bought arma 3 and tried to run it. It said something like "installing direct x" and then message pop up that arma stopped working. I restarted my pc and it is still happening. I even tried putting this -winxp or -nobenchmark and still game crashes :/

Try going to properties and choose verify game cache, that might help.

I got my Arma to work by rolling back my vid drivers to 306.97. Try it...it may help...may not...

If any of your PC components are overclocked, try resetting the OC to standard settings, then launching again.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

I have no OC.

On steam forums some guy wrote some tips for ppl having same problem "uninstall zonealarm"

I have zonealarm but it is ridiculous that I would need to uninstall it. Game should not be racist to antivir programs :/

I didnt have almost no issue with my pc and games. Only Euro Truck Simulator 2 one time caused BSOD. But other games no problems till now with arma 3:/

my video drivers are 306.23

CPU: i7 3820

GPU: GTX 660Ti

MOBO:MSI X79A-GD65 (8D)

RAM: Corsair vengeance 16GB

I have no OC.

On steam forums some guy wrote some tips for ppl having same problem "uninstall zonealarm"

I have zonealarm but it is ridiculous that I would need to uninstall it. Game should not be racist to antivir programs :/

I didnt have almost no issue with my pc and games. Only Euro Truck Simulator 2 one time caused BSOD. But other games no problems till now with arma 3:/

Can't you put ZA into sleep/silent mode? Disable while you run the game.

Underclock your GPU a little. I have the GTX 570 and had similar problems. I underclocked GPU Core clock from 742 to 725 and they game don't crash anymore.

I can't guarantee that this will solve the problem but this solved it for me.

Can't you put ZA into sleep/silent mode? Disable while you run the game.

Yes it have options "game mode" and option to snooze anti virus for 5 minutes and also firewall for 5 minutes.

I have no OC.

It was mentioned a few times in this forum that Zonealarm does not need to be uninstalled, see this as an example http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148945-Arma3-not-starting-due-ZoneAlarm-no-need-to-uninstall&highlight=zonealarm

Funny but my game decided to work. None of suggestions didnt work and game always crashed on startup. But from time to time I just clicked run game and once it just started loading. I thought WTF :D So I was able to play for about 40 minutes in my own mission and then game cashed. I started it again and then played for about 5-6 hours.

I didnt uninstalled ZA.

Some dude on chat on twitch suggested that I disable zonealarm toolbar IswSvc to not start on windows startup and then restart my PC. I did that but game still was not able to work it just crashed as always before. I tried few times to run it. But after some tries it just suddenly start.

I have no -nobenchmark value added or did not disable/snooze my AV it just all the sudden started. So I am not sure if that trick with disabling that toolbar for ZA fixed it or have any influence on that. I just want to mention it because maybe it have something to do with problem of starting game. On the first game start I had to allow game in ZA so I think that maybe AV was not recognizing this game and was terminating it or something.

ok i will try the winxp and -nobenchmark did not work

Ive got a problem like this mate ..I start steam.Log in.Go to start arma 3 and beside arma 3 on my games library it comes up "arma 3-running" .It stays like that for 5 seconds then for a split second it comes up "syncing" in blue letters then disappears and returns back to as if i just logged in and went to start the game.Urgently need help tried everything.RE downloaded Battle Eye.Backed up my files.Changed the start up in properties to   -winxp and -nobenchmark.But still the same thing happens .