Sign in to follow this  
grandstack

Separate options for DOF, Blur and Glare, Ambient Occlusion ?

Post Processing?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Post Processing?

• Turn it on (I have it on)
    • Turn it off (I have it off)
    • Wish it had Custom setting [url]http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148701&viewfull=1#post2326227[/url]

There is a lot of support for this request I would not doubt it if it's going to make it in soon.

BIS please separate them.

Agreed. DOF and motion blur really should be able to be toggled independently.

edit: Or at least with ini editing.

agreed. please make the post process effects separate. i always turn them off because i don't like motion blur. the new bloom/glare looks much better than the old one and i'd like to use it in certain scenarios.

Glare is pretty much the only thing I want on (well apart from ppEffects defined by mission makers) - but not the annoying blur which also blurs collimator sights when turning.

I agree you should not be able to remove the grass and also if you look through a scope the grass should render where you are looking (i forgot if it does this already) at otherwise how are you supposed to hide from enemies in certain situations.

Knowing that ArmA II didnt run that well for me it might be really good to have even more graphics options but some of them should always be standard for gameplay reasons.

I myself would like to have separate control on many of the PP effects (so don't lose your hope)

(first exclude these which are needed for gameplay immersion (like wounded, suppressed, exhausted, shocked w/e) or mission or equip ones))

IMHO (my personal take on the Custom Post Process settings (next to normal predefined sets) which I can't live w/o):

• Ambient Occlusion - type?/strength/disable
  • Blur - type?/strength/disable (rotBlur type was OA's arch problem, radial, etc., yet example of wish for uber detailed OA config PP setting is https://dev-heaven.net/issues/3718#note-14 )
  • Depth of Field - type?/strength/disable
  • Bloom - type?/strength/disable (sometime just softening bloom in various games from overdone to subtle does wonders w/o need to disable it)
  • Film Grain - strength/disable
  • Color Correction - strength (this one could be utilized for color blindness filters)
  • Glow - type/strength (quite some people like it)
    +
  • Flares (for 3rd person camera as I dislike flares, so I would like option to disable) :)

there are many new or older pp I forgot mention but this would be nice start

+ combined with

HDRintensity

HDRdepth (8/10,16, 32,64,128)

Image Tone Mapping - type/values, this can be extensively (experimentally) controlled in OA 1.63 betas and it offers fantastic range of results for these who like / understand it

note: for MP fair gameplay level some/all of these settings would need to be server side enforced / controllable (be it engine or anticheat wise)

Hi, can anyone describe how to force AO in Arma 2 with Radeonpro? I tried it but it didn't work at all.

Thanks!

Hi, can anyone describe how to force AO in Arma 2 with Radeonpro? I tried it but it didn't work at all.

Thanks!

RadeonPro has no Arma 3 Alpha support yet ...

We definitely need these effects to be independently adjustable. I love Ambient occlusion but hate the ones that reduce image clarity (like DoF, Motion Blur, etc). One of my biggest peeves with games these days is that so many force me to disable AO by lumping it in with the ugly, screen-blurring fluff.

Hi guys, i must say i don't like motion blur. But it looks pretty good in ARMA 3. (Excapt for weapon iron sights).

So turn it on or turn it off? (No FPS decrease or increase).

Off unless/until they separate the effects. I don't like blur and not really a fan of DoF either.

Same as with ArmA II, which took some time to getting used to on Cherno = on, I always have it either on Low & Very Low - gives a nice balance to the scene.

FPS decrease starts at Normal setting per my observation, since I think that one applies ambient occlusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_occlusion

http://www.geforce.com/optimize/guides/ambient-occlusion

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Don't like PP so off all the time. Its all down to personal taste really..:)

On at Low setting so that I can have ATOC = All Trees & Grass which tidies up the "picket fence" texture you can get on grass that's backlit.

I have it off because the motion blur in the game looks terrible. I'd LIKE to have Ambient Occlusion and maybe the coloured bloom to make things look a bit more natural, but not if it means having that terrible motion blur. Incidentally, go upvote my feedback ticket about seperating out the PP options into the specific effects. Maybe the devs'll listen. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4754

I don't like PP. I also don't understand how that blur can be liked by anyone in the cinema. I think, it is unrealistic and especially irritating. When you focus with your eyes an unsharp area of the screen, it remains unsharp whereas your brain expect it to become sharp when you focus it. The edges of your (own's eyes) FOV are unsharp already anyway.

Next time search the feedback server before making a new issue.

Duplicate of 3832,3744,3719,3307,1682.

Please upvote 1682 or 3307 if you need to, they are the most active.

I'd love to use Ambient Occlusion. DoF is only good for pretty screen shots. Motion blur looks like crap and makes me sick.

Anyone using motion blur in a game that is pulling a decent frame rate has something wrong with them. It should only be used to hide the inadequacies of console hardware.

I've upvoted multiple tickets on the tracker asking to have the options separated, and unless they do that I have to leave PP set to off. Not sure why they lump them all together like a crappy console port when they do everything else like a PC game is supposed to.

Edited by Fuse