mikie boy

[FOCK] AI Recruit - Cheap and cheer full

Mikie boy

Is there a way to add high command to recruit groups instead of just units?Or to turn units in to high command groups?

Is there a way to edit the loadouts of the recruited a.i. players? Like if I wanted them to spawn in with weapon and clothing mods I have downloaded?

thanks

Simply edit the specific unit file. Each soldier type has their own file. Starts with create... located in the gui folder. If you cant find it let me know.

Hi here ! I'm trying to run this script with AW Invade & Annex by Rarek [AW] mission, but i'm stuck with init.sqf part , i never get the action in blue in the mouse menu .

I've added the lines to init.sqf:

{ isServer ||!isNull player };

ExecVM "FOCKRecruitAI\RecruitInit.sqf"

Someone can confirm the script works with this I&A mission ?

(the link in the next message)

Thx,

---------- Post added at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

AW Invade & Annex [AW] http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19647

Hello,

I'm currently putting together a Multiplayer mission with INS Revive, and I've run into a bit of trouble.

I've installed your script package and got it to function within INS, but when I go into the menu and click any of the buttons, I get this:

Error in expression <[] spawn AASoldier>

Error position: <AASoldier>

Error Undefined variable in expression: aasoldier

Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\new1.wss'

Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\onclick.wss'

I've combed through both your sample mission and INS to see if there might be something that's causing it to freak but I can't find anything. Any suggestions?

sounds like an issue with the aasoldier function being called/spawned. check that the function file is being preloaded so that it can be spawned via the gui section of the script.

Got that sorted, had to change the lines in RecruitInit.sqf to call for the correct parameter lines in INS_Revive's system.

Now my current issue is, even though the option is toggled to enabled. It doesn't spawn, giving the local hint that recruiting is turned off. Honestly don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or INS_revive is being inflexible with adding stuff to it.

have you checked the parameters in the description file. ensure they are in the correct order and have been amended for both programs. the params for ins could be those which the group management script is receiving

What am I missing about just making this an addaction item to a map object? I dont want it in my context menu all the time.

Edit: Never mind... found it.

in recruitInit.sqf - comment out the line

ExecVM "FOCKRecruitAI\RecruitAction.sqf";

and change it for an addaction on whatever NAMED object you wish... e.g a flag named baseFlagPole

baseFlagPole addAction [("<t color=""#66FFFF"">" + ("Group/Recruit Menu") +"</t>"), "FOCKRecruitAI\RecruitMenu.sqf",[],1,false,true];

doing it this way allows for the parameter of switching it off or on to still work.

When using this script we have a tendancy to loose group "connections". The hex symbology disappears over other players in group (after a death/respawn) and players no longer show up in the list of humans. Not sure what other information I can provide. The script seems to work but then breaks down after a while. Is it me and my friends playing or just another ArmA 3 bug?

T be honest i havent looked at this for ages and was planning a revamp of it - when i get a chance i will sort through it and address the loss of the hex around players etc.

I think your download link on the first page links to an older version, when i used that version from the link it didnt have the changes listed eg dialog would close after recruiting a unit, no other group options etc.

edit: how could I add custom gear/items to spawned units, I tried and failed by modifying the createunit scripts, setVehicleinit is no longer an option which used to be an easy way of doing it.

Edited by Katipo66

sorry chaps havent been on here for a while - the menu should be addaction - not a key

I know you haven't updated this in awhile and I should probably wait for your new version (?) but I hoped to use it as a framework for my own recruitment process and would appreciate any help anyone might be able to provide...

I have six bunkers in the base on my map. They are enterable buildings. Outside of each barracks I have placed an AI of a certain type such as combat medic, rifleman, etc. and trapped them with

this setUnitPos "AUTO"; this disableAI "MOVE"; this disableAI "TARGET"; this disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; this allowdamage false;

From here I would like to use addaction on each of them to add that specific type of unit to the player's group. Once this addaction is called I would like the unit to spawn at a marker inside the building and come out to join the player. I thought each "recruiter" AI should also have a simple addaction to dismiss all (or specific unit type, which ever is easiest) the AI in the group as well, perhaps giving them a way point back into the barracks before they are deleted for better immersion.

Thanks in advance for any help that might be forthcoming :)

EDIT: Got it! From my mission.sqm each of my "recruiters" has a version of this in their init:

init="this setUnitPos ""AUTO""; this disableAI ""MOVE""; this disableAI ""TARGET""; this disableAI ""AUTOTARGET""; this allowdamage false; this addAction [(""<t color=""""#00C3FF"""">"" + (""Recruit an Operator."") +""</t>""), ""FOCKRecruitAI\createSpecOps.sqf""];   this addAction [(""<t color=""""#FFC300"""">"" + (""Dismiss group"") +""</t>""), ""FOCKRecruitAI\RemoveAI.sqf""];";

And the altered script that gets called by the addaction in the above example:

/////////////////////////////
//Script by [CoFR]October and BASED on:
// [FOCK]ers AI  Recruit
// [FOCK] Mikie J
//////////////////////////////
if (RecruitActive == 0) exitwith {Hint "Recruiting Has been turned off";};
Private ["_soldier"];

if (player != (leader group player)) exitwith {hint "You must be a Group leader to recruit AI"};

_cnt = count units group player; // returns number of units in player group
//hint format["AI %1",_cnt];

//_unit = group player createUnit [_soldier, Position player, [], 0, "FORM"];//original test
_soldier = (group player) createUnit ["B_mas_usr_Soldier_GL_F_g",(getmarkerpos "rifspawn"),[],0,"NONE"];
//_soldier addUniform "u_b_ghilliesuit";//Add gear here.
recname = name _soldier;
recrank = rank _soldier;
//hint format ["%2 %1 reporting for duty.", recname, recrank];
_soldier sidechat format ["%2 %1 reporting for duty.", recname, recrank];

{
hint format ["You can only have %1 soldiers in your group, Including Human players",RecruitTotal];	
};

recruit_active = false;

"rifspawn" is a 1m x 1m marker I placed IN the barracks building so when a player recruits one he spawns in the building and then walks out to join the player.

Thanks Mikie J! Using your work as a guide made it much easier to figure out how to do what I wanted to accomplish. :)

Edited by Oktyabr