mikie boy

[FOCK] AI Recruit - Cheap and cheer full

Updated Version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17725328/BIS_forum/GroupMenuNew.jpg (120 kB)

Download link

Updated version…

This version has the added extra of Group management (concept taken from Zuff’s Group management).

This version contains the following…

• AI recruitment process – selection of 6 types of soldiers. Automatically identifies which side you are on so no fiddling with sides.

• Dialog now stays open until you close it - does not close each time you recruit a soldier

• AI deletion from group, if group leader.

• Whole AI squad deletion, if group leader.

• New – Group Management.

• Leave current group.

• Join a new group from a selection of groups (AI groups, Human Groups, and Mixed groups).

• View other groups, for AI players.

• Specifically view human players within a group to assist with locating friends.

• Identification of your own group.

• Step down as leader.

• Become leader – MP compatible.

• Options to turn off/on the menu.

• Option to turn off/on just AI recruitment.

• Option to increase/decrease Amount of AI to recruit.

• Option to turn off/on Deletion AI when leaving a group with no Humans in it.

• Option to turn off/on Group clear up of empty groups.

Anyway - hope this is useful.

Installation -------

Simply copy the code below into your init.sqf

waitUntil { isServer ||!isNull player };

ExecVM "FOCKRecruitAI\RecruitInit.sqf";

and copy across the Description file - ensure any Existing parameters are changed accordingly

Copy across the two folders to you mission folder

Edited by Mikie boy

Cheers for this mate, very useful.

One problem possibly...

If you bring up the recruit menu, but then exit from it with the esc key. You cannot use the menu again, if you select a recruit, then the gui closes corrctly and is re-usable.

Nice script, using it in my new mission - thanks! :yay:

Cannot get the add action to show, I have copied all the files over and added a "RecruitBlue" marker... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edited by Dirty Haz
Question.

Yes, I have.

Can you please provide an example mission ?

Here you go - tried and tested

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17725328/%5BFOCK%5DRecruitTest.Stratis.rar

if you still can t get it working - whack both markers down red and blue - see if that helps - but a check is run for the correct side so it shouldnt really matter.

And heres an example without the need for the markers and an addaction has been applied to teh barrel - so its always attached.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17725328/%5BFOCK%5DRecruitTestAddaction.Stratis.rar

Edited by Mikie boy

Thanks - working now! :yay:

Great script. I will be using this in a few of my missions. I have one question that would make this script perfect for me. Is it possible to make the player respawn into recruited ai, unless they are all dead, in which case they would respawn at base?

dont quote me on this, but if you edit the description.ext file in your mission - and change the respawn option.

e.g

respawnDelay = 4;

respawn = "GROUP";

disabledAI = 1;

RespawnDialog = 0;

//4 or "GROUP" - Respawn in your group (if there's no AI left, you'll become a seagull).

check this page out for assistance - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Right, I knew that. What I was asking is if it is possible to have best of both worlds. For example, I recruit one AI. I get killed and spawn into that AI. I get killed again, this time I respawn at base, and am able to recruit more AI.

right my bad - mis understood - that would take some scripting im afraid. not sure if thats possible with the definitions being placed in the description.ext.

That is what I figured. Thanks again for making this.

Ok i have another question. Would it be possible to make it so we can disband ai? That way if i get killed, and all my ai are still alive somewhere far away, I can get a fresh crew.

Hey, would it be possible for you to add in a way to dismiss AIs in your group ?

Haz

Yeah its in the new version - just working on a newer cleaner and tidier version. Ill post it once its done - of ill dig out the version now with the dismiss on it and post it when i can

Mikie version 1.2 is not working I am getting an error with "......Close Dialog 0" I believe from the AIMenu.hpp?

Update:

My Bad. it was the

RecruitActive = ParamsArray Select 8;

RecruitTotal = ParamsArray Select 9;

I had to change them due to other Parameters in the Description.

Works fine!

Edited by vengeance1

If anyone uses this and thinks its handy i may upgrade GUI and the parameters. Any probs shout me.

Anyway - hope this is useful.

Thank you very much for this great script Mikie! Hell yeah this is useful! My rookie-friends and I (also a rookie :)) are just taking babysteps in missionmaking these days and the balance and behaviour of the allied AI in our coop missions are always a cause for debate during and after the mission. This script adds a lot flexibility and a wanted additional feature to our missions.

Your referrence to an upgraded GUI is welcome since the dialog window takes up most of the view at this moment. I have no clue how edit this myself though. But this discard this request if this requires a lot of rework. Especially if I am the only one mentioning this.

Cheers!

glad you like it, if people do want a something more than a cheap ass version id be happy to have upgrade it. the newest one is ok, does the job, but not sure what people would want from it. Ideas welcome

Would you mind if I tweaked the colours of the dialog, etc ???

Haz