Sign in to follow this  
Addetter

Zone Restriction (Module or trigger) and hints for specific units?

Does anybody know how to use the new Zone Restriction module? Appearently this one and the one for arma 2 doesn't work the same way, so I can't simply UnPBO a mission from arma 2 using it nor can i download an arma 2 template of how to use it. Alternative suggestions to restrict an area is also very much welcome.

I have tried using some triggers too using information from this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148362-Zone-restriction&p=2323255

But using that information I came to the point where whether or not if i left the trigger area after the warning, I would still die after the "sleep" was over. Code used:

hint "You are leaving the combat area. Deserters will be shot!"; sleep 5; if (!(player in thislist)) then {player setDamage 1};

And how do I get a hint to only appear for one specific unit? Not sure if this thread belonged in this forum section or in the "Troubleshooting" section, please move it if posted in the wrong section :)

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

I also came across a new problem, I wan't to either:

1) Disable the touchoff action for explosive charges.

2) Create an addaction where you "plant" a bomb and after 40 seconds or so an explosion will appear. But the Opfor has to have the opportunity do disable this timer and reseting the addaction for blufor.

You posted this in the wrong section. Also if you check out my post from yesterday or the day before you will see that I had the same question and got very informative information.