mondkalb

Old stlye US Army BDU

Aloha!

First of all, it is not 100% milfantastic and accurate BDU.

In fact, it is just a jacket and some trousers in three camo patterns:

newSoldiers_th.jpg

You can find the units under: BLUFOR > Blue > US Army BDU.

> Download (13MB) <

These models were quickly thrown together in one afternoon using nothing but Photoshop and O2. Hands and proxies are taken from Vespa's A3 sample models, the boots were taken from A2's (russian) sample soldier. The rest was actually done by me. So excuse the quality. (Especially the weighting) :(

Now, here the real reason for me to post this:

> Download MLOD (14MB) <

88x31.png

(License applies!)

This may make it easier for you to set up new clothes and units for the game. Or use it to try out yourself in reskinning units properly.

Edited by Mondkalb
Added CC-License link

Psst, FYI both links are the same...

Thanks for the release though, and the MLOD :)

Thanks for this Mondkalb, this is what I was lacking. Linked this in my tutorial, hope thats okay? - link

Yeh, that's totes cool!

I am getting the "error 58" on the character_f proxies, when I go to show the model in buldozer in O2, do I need the ARMA3 exe now? I have depbo'd them into P: drive into a3 folder. The MLODs are also in the P: drive too. Anything I am missing?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,

SGTGunner

Edited by SGTGunner

I have one problem.

I was creating new helmet. model is ok made pbo and work on my rig but no textures on other computers.

So I placed in pbo folder folder named Data and mytexture.paa file.

I also notice in your models p3d you set up "mbg\mbg_old_usarmy\data\mbg_old_ussoldier_boot_co.paa" as path. I was trying to add similar line but no use always not able to download mytextures.

what is the criteria to add folders to path of your texture paa file? In your example is mbg\pboname\folderinsidepbo\mytexture.paa In all this storry whot mbg reprezent it and how you get it and why you put it?

Thanks.

Man, you made my day. After testing try n error and more errors I finally made it with your settings :)

Yes. Me too.

I use in O2 and in config same way and it is work only if I set in my example "Myaddon\Data\mytexture.paa". (Data is folder inside pbo file and p3d file is in Myaddon folder) To be able to made pbo don't forget to put in your addon folder PBOPREFIX.

You will not be able to see textures in O2 or Buldozer but will work in youraddon.pbo. If you want to check your textures in O2 just for testing purpose add full addres from your HDD where you place yourtextures.paa.

To work in Buldozer you should use P drive.

Now I have other problems and will need help with it. My helmet looks perfect but I made just one LOD and it is desapire from head after 100m.

I don't have Shadow so when you look on shadow of your character it showing only shadow of head not helmet. Also there is no shadow from helmet on face.

And last need to create armour values for give some protection and made different from wearing helmet and not.

Will be good if someone continuing this tutorial thread with further action till we will be able to create completable helmet product from scratch.

Thanks.

Seem's like the MLOD download isn't available via armaholic any longer. The two links provided link to the same page und the MLOD-download-link is dead. Would be great if you could provide a new download.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, EllaElectro said:

Seem's like the MLOD download isn't available via armaholic any longer. The two links provided link to the same page und the MLOD-download-link is dead. Would be great if you could provide a new download.

Thanks

this thread hasn't been touched in almost 4 years. PM the creator, he may have the assets still available.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EllaElectro said:

Thanks

Downloadlink for the MLOD on the Armaholic downloadpage has been fixed:

news_download_a3_3.png
[ALPHA] Old stlye US Army BDU

9 minutes ago, Hard Number said:

There's nothing in the link. Can you update it?

Armaholic is gone.