Sign in to follow this  
jamesf1

[HMM] Stance Indicator

This is cool feature, but i like my hud as clead as possible.

Works nicely.

Edited by MyFarewell

This refers to the stance-based leaning. Using Ctrl+A or Ctrl+D when in Crouch or Standing puts you into a "step lean", which is indicated :) The traditional Arma leaning (using Q/E by default) isn't indicated in the UI, because even from first person, it's fairly easy to identify your position, due to the view rotation that comes with it (the step-leans keep your view level).

Saw this mentioned earlier in the thread, it's the next thing I'll add as soon as I get some time :) I'll look for a way to make this configurable along with the UI size - never really delved into supporting configuration options in mods.

Nice catch, will fix :)

The primary reason was that you can easily see your stance in third-person view, but it's almost impossible to know what stance you're in from a first-person perspective (unless you're actively tracking, or looking down at your soldier model, which is completely impractical whilst fighting).

Keep up the great work!

Yay!

Thx for this helpfull add-on.

Q: how do you come into other stances then the 3 major stances (stand/crouch/prone)?

I saw on the video the possibility of "in between" stances!

Looking forward to your answer.

Nice little addon :) I might make a suggestion, even though it works perfectly within its remit, can it change colour to reflect injury that prevents running? So it has its default colour when running is possible, but once an injury occurs then it changes to red?

I know there is a default vanilla injury indication but it doesn't indicate whether I can run. The stance indicator, to me, is most useful when it tells me I'm in a stance where I cannot run.

Thx for this helpfull add-on.

Q: how do you come into other stances then the 3 major stances (stand/crouch/prone)?

I saw on the video the possibility of "in between" stances!

Looking forward to your answer.

Use CTRL+W or CTRL+S...

Yay!

Nice little addon :) I might make a suggestion, even though it works perfectly within its remit, can it change colour to reflect injury that prevents running? So it has its default colour when running is possible, but once an injury occurs then it changes to red?

I know there is a default vanilla injury indication but it doesn't indicate whether I can run. The stance indicator, to me, is most useful when it tells me I'm in a stance where I cannot run.

Excellent idea. In the version currently undergoing testing, the stance turns red (instead of white) when (canStand player) is false - that seems to be the best solution at the moment :)

I use this in tandem with FA Stance and really like it. I know of the reason stated above to only display it in 1st person view but can you perhaps add the option to show it in 3rd person view as well? That's pretty much the only reason I also run FA Stance as that will display in 1st and 3rd person views which I find helpful.

Thank you!

Madmatt

Not working for me - I have the CBA file installed (which oddly looks like a Windows Media File) and they both show up in the Expansions bit in Options but it's not working.

Any ideas?

Edit - Forget it chaps - was a launch error on my part.

Edited by AsterixTG

I use this in tandem with FA Stance and really like it. I know of the reason stated above to only display it in 1st person view but can you perhaps add the option to show it in 3rd person view as well? That's pretty much the only reason I also run FA Stance as that will display in 1st and 3rd person views which I find helpful.

Thank you!

Madmatt

Maybe its because, you see what stance your in, in third person..

Edited by Lordprimate

Please give us option to move the stance indicator to left side of the screen. I would like to have it there. Thank you.

This is so helpful. However, I'd really like an indicator for the combat stance and speed as well. Would you be able to add that? I was thinking a little spot beside the stance indicator. One arrow to the left to indicate walking, two arrows to indicate jogging, three arrows to indicate sprinting, and maybe a little icon of a gun pointing sideways if you're in combat stance or the little gun pointing down if you're not in combat stance. The speed/combat stance is what confuses me more than the stance, so I'd love to see it.

This is so helpful. However, I'd really like an indicator for the combat stance and speed as well. Would you be able to add that? I was thinking a little spot beside the stance indicator. One arrow to the left to indicate walking, two arrows to indicate jogging, three arrows to indicate sprinting, and maybe a little icon of a gun pointing sideways if you're in combat stance or the little gun pointing down if you're not in combat stance. The speed/combat stance is what confuses me more than the stance, so I'd love to see it.
I think this would be a bit of an overkill..

Yay!

Maybe not the combat stance indicator, but the speed is what usually gets me.

Anyone else having a problem with radio messages playing twice? I only have cba and this stance mod enabled and it seems to be this mod that causes it. With just cba enabled I only hear the radio mesages once.

Strange, let's see what the modder says...

Yay!

Anyone else have trouble with the signed key for this?

I've put it on my dedicated server along with the CBA key and a few others. Can't join, claims the [HMM] stance indicator key isn't on the server, thought it is. All other mods I've tried let me connect to the server when I put the key server side, it's just this key not being accepted.

Any ideas?

Anyone else have trouble with the signed key for this?

I've put it on my dedicated server along with the CBA key and a few others. Can't join, claims the [HMM] stance indicator key isn't on the server, thought it is. All other mods I've tried let me connect to the server when I put the key server side, it's just this key not being accepted.

Any ideas?

The issue could be that the included bisigns are v1, not v2.

On the SIX Network you can find temporary v2 signs with associated key until resolved:

http://play.withsix.com/mods/448-hmm_stanceindicator

nice addon! But unfortunately i can´t see it at night when using a NV...

chréers cruzifer

Thanks for the prompt reply Sickboy! I've clicked on that link and it's put the custom set in my PlaywithSix - but I'm now unsure where to grab the key from to push to the server, if the original one is actually a v1, as the mod folder hasn't been changed.

*update*

and literally 30 seconds after I made this post, pw6 auto-updated and added a new key to my mod folder :)

Thanks for the prompt reply Sickboy! I've clicked on that link and it's put the custom set in my PlaywithSix - but I'm now unsure where to grab the key from to push to the server, if the original one is actually a v1, as the mod folder hasn't been changed.
NP. Mods are by default installed to My Documents\ARMA 3 Alpha.

The six_hmm_stanceindicator.bikey should be inside @hmm_stanceindicator\keys.

Anyone else having a problem with radio messages playing twice? I only have cba and this stance mod enabled and it seems to be this mod that causes it. With just cba enabled I only hear the radio mesages once.

same here, except for me it's just the CBA.

As soon as I don't load them with the game the radio messages play once as they should.

BUT

for some reason, my brother can use this stance addon without CBA!

Whats the deal?

cheers

JamesF1,

something has changed in the game and now your mod fades out when in sitting(highprone), prone, lowprone(on side).. it just dissipears